Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet kit or direct port??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet kit or direct port??

Hello, i am long time reader first real post on this board at least. I am getting a nitrous kit. money out of the qeustion which would be best for a 100 shot. i know DP can go a lot higher but still seems safer to me. If i where to do a DP how hard are they to plum in? thanks for the help, Nick
Old 07-18-2004, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would look into the NX single Nozzle kit or the maff kit.Its best just to keep it simple for a 100 to 150 shot.If you have any questions fill free to call me toll free.1-866-648-7637.
Dave
Old 07-18-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wet kit... unless u want a 300HP or larger shot dont go with a DP...
Old 07-18-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mooleyz28
wet kit... unless u want a 300HP or larger shot dont go with a DP...
why would you say that?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150
why would you say that?
he has the right concept.....

ls1 intakes were not designed to have fuel go thru them... dry kit is best for small shots (IMO... puts flame suit on). the problem with the single nozzle up front is the nitrous can bunch up into some cylinders and not others..... this makes for a lean condition in a cylinder or 2 and yet still be rich in others... this creates the "big boom". its not so bad with small shots as it is with larger

anything over 150 and i'd be plumbing the intake or calling up NX for the NXL kit
Old 07-19-2004, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00

ls1 intakes were not designed to have fuel go thru them... dry kit is best for small shots (IMO... puts flame suit on). the problem with the single nozzle up front is the nitrous can bunch up into some cylinders and not others..... this makes for a lean condition in a cylinder or 2 and yet still be rich in others... this creates the "big boom". its not so bad with small shots as it is with larger

anything over 150 and i'd be plumbing the intake or calling up NX for the NXL kit
Agreed!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:07 AM
TECH Regular

thanks, i was just wondering because i could get a diret port used for pretty cheap, how is the TNT kit with the power ring?
Old 07-19-2004, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

The tnt kit is also a nice kit.It takes a little work to get it to fit but works great.
Dave
Old 07-19-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Buy from Nitro Dave's... I think he has the best prices around. Any n2o product I buy will be from that place. Great service
Old 07-19-2004, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by osuhunter07
thanks, i was just wondering because i could get a diret port used for pretty cheap, how is the TNT kit with the power ring?
What type of kit is it,What Nozzles and what solenoids.Check and make sure they are quality parts.
Dave
Old 07-19-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

It is the NXL kit with a bunch of stuff in it, bottle heater all that good stuff, used for only about 2 months he used it for a 75 shot. The thing is that if the engine goes, i dont really have enough money to build it. I can get some but still i rather just be safe. alll said and done i could get a direct port kit with everything includeing bottle heater, purge, gauge, blowdown, 10 lbs bottle, window switch, and throtlle switch, and fpss and such for like $1000. sounds really cheap to me he just needs to get rid of it. Is there any down fall to doing a direct port kit? or is it just because it is so expensive for a new one that a wet kit is suggested? Thanks for the help
Old 07-19-2004, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like a pretty good deal.Most people buy the regular kits because they are simple and more cost affective.As long as tthe system you are talking about has everything go for it.
Dave
Old 07-20-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00

You are rigth but most of the facotry intake was not designed for n20.I still belive that wet kits are safe than dry because the same situation going to happend with both.
Just my $.02
Old 07-20-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fastsspr
You are rigth but most of the facotry intake was not designed for n20.I still belive that wet kits are safe than dry because the same situation going to happend with both.
Just my $.02
Don't agree!
With dry you are not shooting fuel through the intake, just N2O. The mix is done in the chamber by the injectors.
Dry, just needs to be monitored closer as it is regulated by MAF and dependant on your AFR/timming to be adjusted by sensor readings, that is all.

DP, IMO is the safest way to shoot wet, as no mix is in the intake runners (Well at the end of them right before it is sucked in.) So backfire are to a minimum.

If one can spend the money, that is the way to go, no matter what size you are shooting. And as mentionned previously, better distribution and chamber saturation.

I'm contemplating a NOSzle system. (I like the plastic lines), wish I had more data about that kit.