Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nx wont warrenty brand new solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nx wont warrenty brand new solenoid

Brand new nx solenoid, put on mustang, worked a few times then smelled some burning smell from it on the dyno. The magnet on the nx nitrous solenoid cracked and looks like it pressure inside it pushed it open from pressure or something....

Called nx they said they dont warrenty the solenoids from that failure because the only way to damage them that way is to wire the solenoid incorrectly or use it for an extended period of time more than intended use.

Thats a bunch of crap and is going to cost over a $100 bucks to replace. Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by C4VetteLS1
Brand new nx solenoid, put on mustang, worked a few times then smelled some burning smell from it on the dyno. The magnet on the nx nitrous solenoid cracked and looks like it pressure inside it pushed it open from pressure or something....

Called nx they said they dont warrenty the solenoids from that failure because the only way to damage them that way is to wire the solenoid incorrectly or use it for an extended period of time more than intended use.

Thats a bunch of crap and is going to cost over a $100 bucks to replace. Any ideas?

call cold fusion they will replace it for $40.00 we just traded in some old noids for new ones today.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Call Ricky at NX he will get you taken care of.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seems like you have nothing but bad luck with every brand of kit you install, I think I have seen you post something bad happening with almost every brand of kit out there lol.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just going to say...didn't you have a huge arguement with NX on here a couple months ago???
Old 08-17-2004, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xssive
I was just going to say...didn't you have a huge arguement with NX on here a couple months ago???
Actually it was TNT.I thinks thats why bad habit is giving him a hard time.

C4VetteLS,
I hate to see that you are having a bad run.I would start by checking your grounds.It has to be a wiring issue.When a solenoid is deffective it is the piston normally.The coil end of the solenoid is not covered under warrenty because of the fact if you have a bad ground or it ios wired wrong it will smoke the coil in a matter of seconds.In some casses it may take a little longer.As long as the piston is still alright you can just replace the coil.
Dave
Old 08-17-2004, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

We will replace it for you and/or give us a call and maybe we can go over your wiring and see if we can help you out.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Seems like you have nothing but bad luck with every brand of kit you install, I think I have seen you post something bad happening with almost every brand of kit out there lol.
Ack, i never thought about it but I think your right! But i deal with several kits a month with lots of customers so i also use 20 times more nitrous kits...

So ive used lots of NX stuff, TNT , nos with good success, but noone posts when they have good luck with stuff really unless its something new...

so i guess you just hear the bad things...

Appreciated daves nitro and cold fusion... but we swapped another solenoid to get the guy down the road and its fine now....Its not wiring, as ive wired 100+ nitrous kits and i double/triple checked everything after this solenoid smoked.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not news that they won't warranty the magnets. It's clear as day in the paperwork with the kit.