Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racenet EFI Wet Nitrous Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racenet EFI Wet Nitrous Kit?

Anyone have any feedback on this kit? I was reading on their site, and the basic kit runs $429 new. Wondering how it compared to NX and other kits. If anyone has this kit. Any problems. Etc etc.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by racenet
Racenet Performance "EFI Basic" Nitrous System is the perfect entry level nitrous system for those wanting to step up the performance of their vehicle at a fraction of the cost of other kits. This system is fully adjustable and supplied with jets for 35-50-75-100-150HP settings. System is complete and ready to go. System comes complete ready-to-go and includes:
10lb. Bottle With High Flow Valve
Stainless Steel Bottle Mounting Brackets
Bottle Nipple for -4AN
Small .063 Nitrous Solenoid
.187 Fuel Solenoid
-4AN Braided Stainless Steel Feed Line
-3AN Braided Stainless Steel Nitrous and Fuel Supply Lines
Nitrous Activation Switch & Button
Nitrous Nozzle
EFI Nozzle Adapter
All neccessary jets for 35-150 HP settings
Website
Old 08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am also interested. I want some spray but I want to do it for cheap. I knwo thats not always the best, I just can't afford the top of the line stuff.

At a glance from my ignorant standpoint, it seems that you actually have to hold the button down to spray it as it doesn't have a WOT switch. I personally would like this more because I don't want to spray through shifts and only at certain RPM but don't have the extra money for a window switch.

But please do not take any of what I said as sound advice.... I'm a newbie to this stuff.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Launching!

yea I would highly recommend a WOT switch I am thinking about this kit and buying the WOT switch seperate. If I go with this kit I want to talk to the guys about swaping parts too and seeing what the price difference would be. Want to change the nozzle from that kit to using a NX nozzel setup. I've read NX has updated their nozzels over the what, last year or so, that they better atomize the mixture so that fuel puddling really doesn't occur any longer in the intake manifolds.

I liked the idea of controling the nitrous flow by the switch. But then I started thinking, what if you sprayed, and had a problem with the toggle and the bottle is in the trunk? No easy access to manually shut it off. I'd recommend a WOT switch as a 2nd way of shutting her off hehe
Old 08-18-2004, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We are also going to be carring our own line of Nitrous systems.They are made for us by NX.Ours is also with a black bottle.We are selling ours for 499.00 with the 093 orfice.We are waiting for our Nitrous Outlet Bottle labels and stickers to come in.However if you want one of these systems I can send it to you with out the stickers.And send the stickers later
Thanks
Dave
Old 08-18-2004, 02:28 PM
FormerVendor

Raben,
Ours already has the shark nozzle and micro switch in it.
Dave
Old 08-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
We are also going to be carring our own line of Nitrous systems.They are made for us by NX.Ours is also with a black bottle.We are selling ours for 499.00 with the 093 orfice.We are waiting for our Nitrous Outlet Bottle labels and stickers to come in.However if you want one of these systems I can send it to you with out the stickers.And send the stickers later
Thanks
Dave

Too bad you can't do a payment plan. I'd hop onto it if you could setup an automatic withdrawl on every other friday till paid in full

Your kit would have the stuff I want per our discussion yesterday. I do want to go wet.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nitro Dave..... Is that kit available as of today? I have seen slightly better prices at other places but they don't all seem to have what some of the "real deal" setups include, or they aren't from a repudable company. So, could you please tell me, in newbie terms what the 499 kit you are offering has over the system that is linked to in the original post? And also, could you briefly explain what all is required for installation so I can determine if I have the electrical/mechanical ability to do this.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 08-18-2004, 04:08 PM
FormerVendor

Derik I will start a new post talking about our new system.
Dave