Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the TNT F-1 come with n20 filter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the TNT F-1 come with n20 filter?

Ok after reading the instructions i got off the net I still cant tell if the F-1 has a n20 filter or not. Its says "F1 kits utilize a nitrous filter located in the fitting on the inlet side of the n20 silenoid. I bought my kit used and the fitting is sealed with silicone(I assume it came from TNT like that) and I got see any kind of screen in the fitting. Is there one in there? Id so thats not to say I cant buy and use on of the external filters right? If it in fact does have a filter in the fitting how do you clean it? Do I break the silicon seal and clean it and re silicone it upon reinstallation? Thanks for the help!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:12 AM
TECH Junkie

mine has a filter on the fitting, just unscrew the fitting from the solenoid and you can see the filter. and yes you could add an external filter also if you wish, ive actually thought about it because im not sure just how good that little screen is.

EDIT: i attached a pic i took of the screen when i did my install

Last edited by Turo; 08-22-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Turo
mine has a filter on the fitting, just unscrew the fitting from the solenoid and you can see the filter. and yes you could add an external filter also if you wish, ive actually thought about it because im not sure just how good that little screen is.

EDIT: i attached a pic i took of the screen when i did my install

Yes it comes with a filter, it is in the fitting and they do a really good job of saving the sol..We see few solenoids that fail when the fiter is in use, the majority of solenoids that have hung open, had trash in the line while running the bottle line.. And btw thats not silicone, it is teflon "paste" and the fittings can be taken apart with no problem, just dont replace it with teflon "tape"..
Old 08-23-2004, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Yes it comes with a filter, it is in the fitting and they do a really good job of saving the sol..We see few solenoids that fail when the fiter is in use, the majority of solenoids that have hung open, had trash in the line while running the bottle line.. And btw thats not silicone, it is teflon "paste" and the fittings can be taken apart with no problem, just dont replace it with teflon "tape"..
Whats up David? Why shouldnt I replace it with teflon tape? What do I use to seal it better? Oh yeah do I need to use a AN wrench to take that fitting off or can I use a regular wrench? I know most people say use a AN but I just wanted your opinion. I looked in the fitting(while it was still on the noid because I ahvent taken it off yet) and didnt see any screen but I dont know why it wouldnt be in there! I was talking to my buddy Blake Carter telling him I had been talkiing wiht you via email/PM and he said that he thought you were a buddy of his. I told him next time I talked to you Id ask!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
Whats up David? Why shouldnt I replace it with teflon tape? What do I use to seal it better? Oh yeah do I need to use a AN wrench to take that fitting off or can I use a regular wrench? I know most people say use a AN but I just wanted your opinion. I looked in the fitting(while it was still on the noid because I ahvent taken it off yet) and didnt see any screen but I dont know why it wouldnt be in there! I was talking to my buddy Blake Carter telling him I had been talkiing wiht you via email/PM and he said that he thought you were a buddy of his. I told him next time I talked to you Id ask!
Well you can use teflon tape, but it can get into the line and become a problem so my best advice is to use the paste.. It is also a pipe fitting so with reasonable torque it shouldent leak at all, we assemble with paste to prevent binding and to provide a secure seal.. Any normal wrench will work, some perfer the an wrenches because they are usually made of alum so they are less likely to remove the anodized coating. You can take that fitting out with a 9/16 and it should look exactly like the picture above.. No prob on the question thing, its what were here 4
Old 08-23-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok say i take it off and there is no filter would you replace it with the F-1 type filter or the one that comes witht he F-2 kits?????????????