Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Want to run nitrous on my mercedes.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Want to run nitrous on my mercedes.

Hello...newbie here!

I'm interested in having a nitrous kit installed on my 01 Mercedes Benz E430 (4.3L V8) and very much in need of advice/help from you N20 experts. I realize this forum specializes in LS1 vehicles, however having a dedicated forum for nitrous is a valuable resource that many other atuomotive fourms have not adopted, particularly MBZ discussion forums that lack any proper nitrous info.

I reside in the So Cal. area and in search of a reputable installer, perhaps someone can recommend a shop? I did find a local MBZ performance tuner shop that sells a dry custom basic kit using NOS parts for $2K + $800 for installation, yet it's just a basic system w/o the bottle heater, remote bottle opener & purge kit, I was quoted close to $4K with all the bells & whistle which seems too pricey...any thoughts??

I'm looking to gain approx. 100 rwhp, should I go with a dry or wet system? Any pertinent info would be much appreciated.

Thnx
Richard
Old 09-01-2004, 02:40 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

$4k is WAAAAY too much. I've got less than a G into my NX wet kit and I can set it up for a 150 shot. I've got the basic wet kit, warmer, purge and window switch, even TR6 spark plugs for just under $900. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for an install, since you have a Benz, maybe $800 for install...I dunno. There's no way in hell I'd pay $4k for a 100 shot installed. But hey, you obviously got money since you're rolling a Benz
Hey...you live in the valley, where abouts? I'm in the Encino area
Can you post some pics? Or maybe I'll see you on Ventura Blvd?

Last edited by Chingon; 09-01-2004 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can pick up a nice system with all the add ons for around the 1,000 dollar mark.We have installed systems on all kinds of cars from Hondas to Lexus.Some of the more High end cars are alittle harder to work on but that is way over priced.Fill free to give me a call about a system.Ill set you in the right path.1-866-648-7637.
Or shot me a pm.
Dave
Old 02-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chingon
$4k is WAAAAY too much. I've got less than a G into my NX wet kit and I can set it up for a 150 shot. I've got the basic wet kit, warmer, purge and window switch, even TR6 spark plugs for just under $900. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for an install, since you have a Benz, maybe $800 for install...I dunno. There's no way in hell I'd pay $4k for a 100 shot installed. But hey, you obviously got money since you're rolling a Benz
Hey...you live in the valley, where abouts? I'm in the Encino area
Can you post some pics? Or maybe I'll see you on Ventura Blvd?
Well I decided to install the Magnuson MP112 first, but I'm still very much interested in running a small shot (35-50) on the maggie!

BTW: Who did your install? are they local in the valley?

I'm in the Porter Ranch area, man...Ventura Blvd is just getting too congested!

I'll see if I can gather some pics...
Old 02-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You can pick up a nice system with all the add ons for around the 1,000 dollar mark.We have installed systems on all kinds of cars from Hondas to Lexus.Some of the more High end cars are alittle harder to work on but that is way over priced.Fill free to give me a call about a system.Ill set you in the right path.1-866-648-7637.
Or shot me a pm.
Dave
Thanks Nitro Dave,

Your inputs/advise are very valuable in this forum as I read many of them
Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

It easy. We have installed kits on all high end cars and we have a specific kit for your application. $595.00 complete and ajustable from 50hp- 125hp...713-849-4120

www.coldfusionnitrous.com

I even have a system on my personal 2003 twin turbo porsche. it works perfectly...
Old 02-01-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Try a $400 dry system either spraying through the MAF or using a tricker box for enrichment.

Quick Reply: Help! Want to run nitrous on my mercedes.