Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous bumper drag.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a wheel standing '56 chev shorty wagon. I learned the hard way, gotta keep on the throttle when pulling wheels up. Never hurt the motor, but sure bent up a lot of under carriage stuff.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a bad *** lauch!!
Old 06-18-2005, 09:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
First id make some changes to the front of the car like tightening the shocks up...IF that doesnt work id install some travel limiters.....Last but not least if that doesnt keep it down take some pinion angle out so it hits the tires less harsh for softer smoother launch.

You want to motivate the car forward more then up.

Mike

Have you ever changed the pinion angle and made a difference. I have changed the pinion angle in more then one car multiple ways and it really does nothing. There are alot of people on here that say the same. Alot of chassis tuners that I have talked to say that pinion angle is only good for one thing. (tearing up U-joints)

More then that, what I have found is to make the instant center of the car further up. This makes it alot smoother and doesn't hit the tires as hard. But once you are going up it doesn't really matter you are gonna go all the way if you have the power. That is why alot of people test with wheelie bars. A 4link car or ladder bar car you can make work without the bars but why would you go and test without them and **** stuff up. If you want to be a bad *** you can take the wheelie bars off after you do TNT but it is smart to have them on. You have never gone high enough to do any damage so for you it really wouldn't matter. But as you can see from some of the other cars at Thunder that drug the bummper it can really damage alot of stuff. That is why Marks car(Blue one in the picture) is getting Madman's O **** Bars.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
Have you ever changed the pinion angle and made a difference. I have changed the pinion angle in more then one car multiple ways and it really does nothing. There are alot of people on here that say the same. Alot of chassis tuners that I have talked to say that pinion angle is only good for one thing. (tearing up U-joints)

More then that, what I have found is to make the instant center of the car further up. This makes it alot smoother and doesn't hit the tires as hard. But once you are going up it doesn't really matter you are gonna go all the way if you have the power. That is why alot of people test with wheelie bars. A 4link car or ladder bar car you can make work without the bars but why would you go and test without them and **** stuff up. If you want to be a bad *** you can take the wheelie bars off after you do TNT but it is smart to have them on. You have never gone high enough to do any damage so for you it really wouldn't matter. But as you can see from some of the other cars at Thunder that drug the bummper it can really damage alot of stuff. That is why Marks car(Blue one in the picture) is getting Madman's O **** Bars.
Yes, Johns Wagon...Went from 1.4X 60's to 1.2X 60's. Ive never really had to mess with my setup. It works with a stock torque arm because of where my instant center is located..... Smooth and steady...You've seen the video of me racing Mike Kelley. Small wheelies are good...slow and steady ones at that...Mine should never go over the top like Marks did even without limiters on the car....

Mike