Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a good 150+ shot setup for a G5X2 cammed car

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a good 150+ shot setup for a G5X2 cammed car

Hey everyone. I have a 99 Z28, A4, with a 3400 stall, G5X2 cam on a 114, full bolt-ons, etc. and I will be building my tranny soon. I want to spray my car by the end of the summer and want to run a fairly large shot. I've seen 200 shots sprayed on stock bottom ends, and while I know that it isn't the safest size to run, I'd be willing to risk it. What would be the best kit for a 200 shot? Should I get new injectors as well? What all would I need (besides a forged bottom end for all the smartasses)? Thank you.
Adam
Old 06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have run a TNT wet 200 shot on stock bottomend - heads/cam. IMO you can't go wrong with increasing the injectors to the 30 SVO (36# for us). You need an aftermarket fuel pump - I have the drop in RaceX. Window switch, etc. The biggest thing is make sure you know your car's tuning. Best that you have the capability to tune it yourself. IMO I don't trust all these timing pulling programs. I like to set the timing the way I know the SS will run.

David

Last edited by Navy David SS; 06-27-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've run a few 200 + shots on G5x2 & x3 cam cars. Do you think you will go past a 200 shot? We carry Cold Fusion kits and there are a few that would work well for you if you're interested. Tuning is going to be a big thing. I would try pulling around 6 degrees of timing and see how she does and take it from there. What fuel pump are you going to use? As far as safety equipment I would get a window switch and FPSS (and don’t forget the spark plugs). The timing Tuner has been real popular with the guys that want to run strong NA and still spray it safely. If your car is track only then you might want to just pull timing via edit or HP tuners.

Originally Posted by 8banger
Hey everyone. I have a 99 Z28, A4, with a 3400 stall, G5X2 cam on a 114, full bolt-ons, etc. and I will be building my tranny soon. I want to spray my car by the end of the summer and want to run a fairly large shot. I've seen 200 shots sprayed on stock bottom ends, and while I know that it isn't the safest size to run, I'd be willing to risk it. What would be the best kit for a 200 shot? Should I get new injectors as well? What all would I need (besides a forged bottom end for all the smartasses)? Thank you.
Adam
Old 06-27-2005, 11:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out our dual nozzle special.Its adjustable all the way up to a 300 shot.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/320653-ls1-tech-dual-nozzle-special.html
Deffintly the best deal on the market right now.

Dave