Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you know when to spray more, or sooner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do you know when to spray more, or sooner?

I have my dual stage kit installed and hopefully next week, I'll finally get to christen it. But I'd like to know before I get started, if there's a good procedure for figuring out how much and when to spray. For example, I'm planning on spraying 2 stages totaling around 150hp until I get some forged internals. That should be plenty on a stock block H/C/I setup. Anyone have some pointers for me?
Old 06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st stg, what ever your tires (traction) can take, and consider your drivetrain parts (breakage). That's the key to doing dual stage, to break up torque spike and lean spike. actually you'll beat a guy with same set-up and spraying everyting out of the hole (hard on engine and drivetrain). If you can have your 2nd stage come on after you hit your torque peak you'll pull harder and longer and get them on the top end. I have mine set for 3500rpm 1st stg, 4700rpm 2nd stg and both off at 6400rpm (shifting at 6500rpm). I am doing a little less than 100hp outa the hole, and 2nd from 65/100 hit. I use dual window switches with a homemade first gear lock out for 2nd stg. You'll have to play with it and see what it can take, start small and work your way up till traction is an issue.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as it starts to feel slow again its time to spray more.......(sorry could'nt help it)