Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions Placement Nozzle(s) NX Wet Kit(Pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suggestions Placement Nozzle(s) NX Wet Kit(Pics inside)

I have a Dual Nozzle Wet Kit, but I am going to get the extra fitting to run it as a single nozzle kit from Nitro Dave. Haven't decided if I should run a DUAL or SINGLE Nozzles yet. if you have an opinion on that chime in on that too please.

I was told dual isn't needed on a 100 shot or less, but it would be more just for looks.

Should I install the Dual Nozzle or Single Nozzle?.............

OK Here are a Few Pictures that might help:

#1 through Throttle Body Coupler
(I HAVE this EXACT SAME Red Coupler)

#2 I could buy a DTE Power Plate. I was told by someone I spoke with that although this likely works fine, it might not be ideal since it is so close to the intake and has limited area to shoot to all cylinders and could potentially cause a lean condition in one of the cylinders)

Remember I am just asking your opinions and am not saying DTE doesn't work. It might be just fine! Looks like a clean install when you use this plate to me.

#3 Through Air Bridge. Here is the Picture of the Exact Air Bridge I have. I could put the Nozzle or Nozzles depending if I go single or dual right in this air bridge.

Thanks Guys for answering all my posts. Now Dave is Rich and I am Poor. It's funny how a little old $500 Nitorus Kit ends up being $1,500
Dave is a good guy and I wish him all the success in the world. He's a Cool Cat.

The Bandit...........................
Old 07-13-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt
Old 07-13-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

DTE Plate IMHO.
As far as "leaning out the front cylinders", have you ever seen nitrous come out of a nozzle? Your intake will be filled instantly. All cylinders will get it, but as with EVERY single/dual nozzle system spraying from the front of the intake, the 2 rear cylinders do get more. Just the way it is, but it does not cause a big problem with the correct fuel ratio in the manifold.
I ran the plate for a year plus with no problems and saw 98 rwhp on a 100 shot. System worked great.
I personally think the nozzle in the bellows looks RICE. If you have to put it somewhere other then the DTE plate, the bridge will work but I say go from the bottom area just before the bellows.
Think of it this way, whatever you do will be right for you. You can't go wrong. My opinion (or any one elses) should not matter. I think there are enough cars out there with every way you asked about that work great to show you any way is fine. Just go with what looks good to you! Can't go wrong that way... Just get that baby running!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

NOS will be releasing a new plate system. I put it to the top in this nitrous forum. Hit refresh.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Wolf and Gollum,

So you actually Ran the Plate on your Car? Cool. That si good to know. It sure makes for a clean install and easily converted back to stock.

That Nos plate looks like it is a similar concept, but the fuel and nitrous lines seem to be farther apart,,maybe that is better,,maybe that doesn't matter?

Thansk for the feedback. Nobody was replying for the last 3 days

Bandit........................................
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

I would have to agree with AirWolf, do it how you will like it. All of the ways you mentioned have been done and proven to work well. That DTE plate looks pretty clean which is always a plus IMO. I would also suggest taking a look at the NX MAF system. It is very clean looking and a breeze to install. There are pictures of it installed on a vette in this forum, it's close to the top.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought the Corvette Kit wasn't out yet?? Anyway, I already have the NX Kit. I just need to fugure out where to install the nozzles.

All I need si something like the DTE PLate, so if NX Has that and it is ready soon. I will look at that.

Gary
Old 07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
FormerVendor

So do the nozzles thread into the DTE plate? Sorry, I didn't notice that earlier. So with the DTE plate you can use any nozzle you want?

The MAF system is not availible as of yet. Give 4-6 weeks until they are ready to ship.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ricky,

Here is some info.

The "Power Plate" kit can be integrated for use with any aftermarket nitrous oxide kit available today that utilizes a single fuel/nitrous fogger nozzle for injection.

You will notice improved performance, power output and increased nitrous efficiency per shot, due to the strategically placed nozzle location at the opening of the intake manifold, as opposed to the alternative of locating the point of injection over a foot away from the inlet of the engine.

DynoTech Engineering tested this injection plate kit on a stock 1998 Corvette Convertible equipped with an A4 and it comfortably produced 424 RWHP and 527 RWTQ using an off the shelf NX Express EFI kit!

Our injection plate is CNC machined from T6-6061 billet aluminum and it’s stealthy, O.E.M. appearance will compliment any engine bay. Plus, it requires absolutely no modification of the existing air inlet ducting, for a true bolt-on installation and factory look.

The ”Power Plate” Nitrous Injection Plate Kit comes complete with the following:

CNC T6-6061 Billet Nitrous Injection Plate
Die Cut Injection Plate Gasket
Nickel Plated Nitrous Plate Mounting Bolts
High Temperature Power Steering Pump Reservoir Hose
CNC T6-6061 Billet Power Steering Pump Spacers
Nickel Plated Power Steering Pump Mounting Bolts
Misc. Premium Hardware
Complete Detailed Installation Instructions
DTE Decal
Old 07-15-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

how much is that dte plate?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Personally I would go dual nozzel in the red bellow or in the bridge. It would give the look you might want. Plus it shouldn't give a lean condition.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:02 AM
11 Second Club

Have you considered a TNT power ring? I think it would solve your problem equally as well as a plate and you could place it close in front of your throttle body.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

Thank you for answering my questions Bandit. That plate looks/sounds like a nice product, can you put two nozzles in it or just one?

By the way Bandit, my name is Jeremy not Ricky, lol. I'm just a tech here at NX, Ricky is my general manager.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:42 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen the DTE power plate and I think it is a piece of ****...IMHO. I have run the single nozzle NX kit on a Corvette, and GTO, works fine. I have a MAF NX kit on my Camaro, works great, clean install. I had the old NOS spray bar style plate on a C4, it tended to lean out cylinders pretty bad at higher hp shots (like the DTE would likely do). I like having the nozzles out a little further than an inch from the TB, as in the DTE and NOS plate systems. NX has the new style MAF kit that is VERY clean looking, but you can't easily dual stage it like the traditional MAF kit.

Get the GM MAF kit from NX and you will be happy.

SDB
Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2ND VOTE Tnt Power Ring
Old 07-15-2005, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airwolf
DTE Plate IMHO.
As far as "leaning out the front cylinders", have you ever seen nitrous come out of a nozzle? Your intake will be filled instantly. All cylinders will get it, but as with EVERY single/dual nozzle system spraying from the front of the intake, the 2 rear cylinders do get more. Just the way it is, but it does not cause a big problem with the correct fuel ratio in the manifold.
I ran the plate for a year plus with no problems and saw 98 rwhp on a 100 shot. System worked great.
I personally think the nozzle in the bellows looks RICE. If you have to put it somewhere other then the DTE plate, the bridge will work but I say go from the bottom area just before the bellows.
Think of it this way, whatever you do will be right for you. You can't go wrong. My opinion (or any one elses) should not matter. I think there are enough cars out there with every way you asked about that work great to show you any way is fine. Just go with what looks good to you! Can't go wrong that way... Just get that baby running!!!!!!!

AirWolf: Well, your almost right. As for the lean condition, it's the REAR TWO cylinders, #7 and #8 cylinder that has the leaning out condition. And remember guys any time your not using a direct port style kit you have the potential for a lean condition in the rear cylinders. Not to say you'll blow your ride up the first time you spray, well unless your spraying too much, but your taking a chance, it's not the best for the rear cylinders. I'd say if your spraying too much more then a 175, and for too long, I'd really consider going to a direct port set-up. And with all of the different options out now it's not too expensive. Especially considering the alternative cost of rebuilding your motor....
Old 07-15-2005, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airwolf
DTE Plate IMHO.

AirWolf: Well, your almost right. As for the lean condition, it's the rear two cylinders, #7 and #8 cylinder that has the leaning out condition. And remember guys any time your not using a direct port style kit you have the potential for a leancondition in the rear cylinders. Not to say you'll blow your ride up the first time you spray, well unless your spraying too much, but your taking a chance, it's jot the best for the rear cylinders. I'd say if your spraying too much more then a 175, and for too long, I'd really consider going to a direct port set-up. And with all of the different options out now it's not too expensive. Especially considering the alternative cost of rebuilding your motor....
Old 07-15-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now I am really confused. I already have the Dual Nozzle Kit. I just want to knwo the best way to install the jets and more specifically WHERE Exactly.....
Old 07-15-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Like I said, do it through the red bellow like the first pic. Or do it like the third pic, throught the bridge. So do it.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks My Friend

Quick Reply: Suggestions Placement Nozzle(s) NX Wet Kit(Pics inside)