Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my bottle mnounted in the spare tire well. pics.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bottle mnounted in the spare tire well. pics.

ok guys i have seen lots of questions about getting the bottle into the spare tire well. and i just did it yesterday so i figured i would add to the exictement with how i did it and some pics.

i will get more later.

well first off i removed the items from there. (ie. tire, jack, etc.)

secondly i grabbed some like 1/16 steel backstrapping. it is just steel with the little holes in it. but it is fairly beefy stuff.

once i did that i layed it flat on the frame rail inside the car and allowed to to rest near the little bracket that is there for the antenna.

once i fit it in there i marked where it met with the antenna bracket and i took it inside and put it in a vise. i then grabbed the piece of metal with pliers and "swirled" it so it was like perpendicular to itself(if this makes sense)

upon doing that to both pieces i used self tapping screws to screw it into the frame along with the antenna brace.

here are a couple pics of the finished product and i will get some with out the bottle there to display what i did a little better.

Louie

bottle mounted.

an awkward shot of the bracket.

a couple of more...

and hell why not the nitrous kit in the box too...

Old 07-21-2005, 04:20 AM
9 Second Club

Creative but it looks to me like that bottle is gonna be dancing around in there. Probably wouldn't pass tech inspection either.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

doesnt look like its at the correct angle, but looks slick.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice install.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

the two peices of steel are perfectly level and i used the brackets that came with the nx bottle so hopefully they will give it the right angle. or at least close.

what would consitute dancing around? it is in there pretty good doesnt really move. however if this is going to be a problem i would like to fix it. i just thought that it was real sturdy. i could build a plate to mount on top of the tabs, and then mount the brackets to the plate.

lemme know what you think.
thanks
louie
Old 07-22-2005, 04:23 AM
9 Second Club

You would know better than I about the bottle not moving around. If you say it's in there good and sturdy then that's what it is. I just thought that with the drilled metal straps and the mounting location on the antenna brace It looked to me like there might be some play but I guess I was wrong. Let us know how she runs.