Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think im gunna need the spray....????

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 02:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default I think im gunna need the spray....????

Hey. Right now my car is basically stock. My stall and full exhaust order will be going in soon. I am getting LTs and True Duals than a big stall from fuddle, 3600-4000 (havent decided yet) 2.5 str ish. Now i need something to compliment my big stall so i can make some power up top. Cam is not an option yet as my dad doesnt want me doing internal engine work this early, spray will be fine. I am hoping to cut some low-mid 12s once my full bolt ons are done on 16" ET streets. Than i need soemthing for up top so i was thinking 100-150 wet shot. I keep hearing the NX MAF kit is prolly the best to go with. Cna someone direct me to the best kit i can get for ease of installation and something that could possibly be hidden? Think i am being wise spraying 100-150 trying to get mid 11's? I want a window switch, bottle heater, ALL the accessories to make it as easy and safe as possible, can someone lsit all these options i should get or a kit that includes them all? Basically jsut link me to everyhting i should get so i can research if you could and have the time.... I will not be spraything threw the shifts so i can save my tranny best as possible. Let me know

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i keep going back and forth between a cam and spray myself, but if i go with spray, im getting the single noid/nozzle dry kitfrom nitro dave (i think its like 350 dollars) im going to get that
Old 09-03-2005, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

I put the nx sigle nozzel kit on my car in the beg. of the summer. And let me tell you Nitrious is the way to go!!! It is such a rush. I have the bmn window switch, Dyno tune bottle heater and fpss, i have been spraying a 75 shot and went 12.5 @ 115 w/ a shitty 60' . I just uped it to 100 and the other night sprayed ont the street and it felt GREAT! My rear is comin in the mail as we speak i got my racetronix fuel pump just waitin to go in but as soon as my 9 inch gets here i am goin to up it to 150 and have no traction worries But you will def love it and dont hesitate to get it if u have the money u will not regret it. Any questions let me no i will try to help... and be ready to run lots of wires
Old 09-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Import Patrol

def. get a bigger fuel pump, bottle warmer, window switch, fpss, wot switch, degree ur timming some, colder plugs, and u should be good
Old 09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you think you may need the spray? i'm telling you you do need it. all cars should have a nice power adder. but, i like the t.n.t kit better. why would you want to spray down at the mass air flow? t.n.t sprays into the th-body and makes a mess of hp and more tq. my bud who installed my kit also installed two nx kits and he told me my t.n.t kit was easier to install. just my thoughts,goodluck to ya bro.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

make the free ram air and put a dry nozzle right were you just made it.... no 1 will ever know its there. if your all about safety than you are gonna need direct port ! but thats a lot of $$$ so I would go with dry. a 100 shot should do it thats my .02
Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Man, why cant everyone just all agree on a kit for me? haha everyone is different! I jsut want a nice wet kit where i can range from 50-200 shot (no i iwll not go above 150 on my stock engine) Easy to install, screw the hiding idea, would be too hard to hide EVERYTHING. Safety and user friendlyness are my 2 most wants out of the setup, of course the power comes i nthe bottle so thats no worry, haha

Old 09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would say buy a NX dry kit for saftey, start with a 50 shot see how it feels to you and move up from there.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's not a hard choice. i called nx and asked why i should but their kit over the t.n.t kit. then i called t.n.t and asked the same question. when all was said and done i went with the t.n.t and i'm glad i did. my kit goes from 75hp to 250hp,call and talk with both and make your choice. goodluck to ya.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Is there anyway to hide a wet kit to the eye under the hood? I can figure out a place to hide a 10lb bottle and switches, but under the hood would be the problem. If it is possible, is there a better type of kit to go with. I really want to go wet due to hearing it is a bit safer than dry and will give me a ton mroe torque unless this is untrue. I want to range from 75 ish-200 shot, mad torque, easy installation, quality parts, be able to be hidden. I am willing to drop a grand or a little more if needed on a kit if its the right one. I want the bottle heater, bottle opener in case i hide it, the window switch, WOT switch, all the goodies to make it perform as best and safe as possible. Let me know what type of set up you think for me. Gracias

Old 09-05-2005, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey, well does a dry kit create the torque a wet kit does?I may jsut go with a dry kit for the safety as in not as many things can go wrong as in a wet kit and i can totally hide it. Can i spray 150 dry or is about 100 the max? Should i get the NX Halo kit?

Old 09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Anyone? Please help me out finalize a decision on a kit. Well i wont be street racing so do you think i would really need to hide the dry kit or would an open kit be cooler so everyone could see. Im not going to get into trouble street racing so which type of kit should i go with?

Old 09-05-2005, 10:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The NX maff kit is the cleanest and best quality system in its class.However if you want a true hidden system I can build you a true hidden system.
Dave
Old 09-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Import Patrol

I have an nx kit. It the ****. Do what I did, from never even been in a car with n20, to getting it up on your car, not starting with a 50shot, but going straight to a 150shot, and hitting for the first time from a dig, DAMN, is was awesome, a hell of a thrill, just go ***** to the wall
Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Nitro Dave...... I am very cautious and cant afford to blow my motor. Do you think a wet kit or a dry kit is for me? I think a truely hidden system would be sweet. So if i went wet you would suggest NX MAF? and if i went dry..... 5177, halo? I am thinking dry will be more safer for me as there arent as amny things that can screw up as in a wet kit. Let me know what you think.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Superman,
Either system will work ine.You will see beter performance gains out of the wet system.If you go wet or dry just use the needed safety items and have fun.Both systems have there perks and there down falls.If you want a hidden system I can fix you up wet or dry.Our Halo system can be completey hidden real easy.If you want a hidden wet system send me your ibtake and I will fix it up and send it back to you.
Dave
Old 09-08-2005, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
def. get a bigger fuel pump, bottle warmer, window switch, fpss, wot switch, degree ur timming some, colder plugs, and u should be good
Right on.
I would say that you might not need a bigger fuel pump, but definitely go with the Fuel Pressure Safety Cutoff Switch, WOT switch, TR6 plugs, and Window switch. If you're worried about safety, get a dyno tune. You really have to make the decision of weather or not you want to Hide everything. If you want it to be hidden, go dry...prolly going to be more work. Or talk to Nitro Dave, his work is awesome. I would recommend the NX wet kit. Be prepared to take a lot of stuff apart and run a lot of wires. The ash tray works great to put the arming switch and the purge in.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

hmmm. Nitro Dave..... would you suggest a wet kit or a dry kit for me? Also does a dry kit create the same massive torque a wet kit does? If you dont mind, could you check my previous posts and based on what ive said decide on a system for me. This will be going on after a MS3 cam so if you could like choose the best kit for me with ALL the safety junk and what not and shot size suggestion to start with and what not. I think i want it hidden for a sweet look. Wheres the best palce to hide the bottle tho that rarely gets checked?

Old 09-09-2005, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Hmmmm.
I personally would run a wet system.However a dry will work also.With the dry you will probley need to upgrade your injectors to spray the 125-150 area.You are correct.A wet system will produce more torque creating better performance gains.You can build your self a bracket to go in the spare tire area to hold the nitrous bottle.This will keep you from bolting it to the fender well and no one can see the bolts.
Dave
Old 09-09-2005, 08:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey, safest wet setup, Pick me the best kit out there for safety and ease of use, pick me out all the extra safety stuff needed. Can you tell me all the stuff and kit and price for it all? Thanks. Also a price to hide the kit on my intake?