LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/)
-   -   need help with nos system (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/378260-need-help-nos-system.html)

mikey1000rr 09-10-2005 10:06 AM

need help with nos system

At First My Car Felt Like The Nos Was Pulsing In And Out Now I Got That Cover My Fps Wasnt Adjusted Right.now It Hits Pretty Good But I Got Some Codes On The Car When I Rand It And I Got 3codes And They Where For 02bank1 & Bank2 Sensors And It Sed 02 Over Heated.has This Ever Happend To Anyone?what Does This Meen.
Thanks Mike

white2001s10 09-10-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mikey1000rr
At First My Car Felt Like The Nos Was Pulsing In And Out Now I Got That Cover My Fps Wasnt Adjusted Right.now It Hits Pretty Good But I Got Some Codes On The Car When I Rand It And I Got 3codes And They Where For 02bank1 & Bank2 Sensors And It Sed 02 Over Heated.has This Ever Happend To Anyone?what Does This Meen.
Thanks Mike

For the front or rear O2's?
Are you running through CATs?
When you clear the codes do they come right back?

mikey1000rr 09-10-2005 01:12 PM

well i eresed them last night and no they havent come one again maybe only if i shot what causes that to happen,and yes my car has the cats should i take them off my exhaust system is bone stock do you recomend me to take them off.since im low on budget right now should i do that do my stock system O the only thing it has is a K&N intake system and a flowmaster

white2001s10 09-10-2005 09:26 PM

Wow you were spraying through the screen and with CATs.....that's different in my book.
Yes you can spray through CATs but the results my become a little unpredictable. The code tries to keep the CATs happy so they don't burn up, and some codes have abuse mode as well.
I wouldn't want to spray through CATs myself. You may be well off to remove them and save them for later.
Again this might not be your problem with the O2 errors you're getting but will help you avoid some potential problems while using the N2O.
Without CATs people either use the rear O2 simulators, or disable the error codes in the PCM so you don't get the SES light.

The codes you had may have just been a fluke thing happening due to your FPS switch troubles messing with your fueling. The O2's may have read way out of range for a second.

edit: after a looking at the big picture at what you're doing with your car, I highly suggest getting the ability to tune your PCM. Get a good one with a scanning/datalogging function too. It will be well worth it to you.

mikey1000rr 09-10-2005 09:52 PM

what do you recomend?and should I be woried about those codes,what can I do to prevent that?

white2001s10 09-10-2005 10:01 PM

what do you recomend?and should I be woried about those codes,what can I do to prevent that?

I'm not going to recommend which tuning software to use due to the sponsor issues here, and it's also a personal preference type of thing. I use Edit myself, but there are MUCH better ones out there now to choose from. Check out some demo's and ask opinions from those who run the other tuners.

IMO, I wouldn't worry too much about the codes unless they keep coming back. If you remove the CATs before spraying again they may never come back. Once you get your tuner you can turn off some things like the COT (CAT overtemp protection) and the like.

mikey1000rr 09-11-2005 12:44 AM

will I feel any performance diferrence if i take the cats of

white2001s10 09-11-2005 02:01 AM

will I feel any performance diferrence if i take the cats of

I don't know if you will, but most people do. The gains increase as you make more power, so you may only gain 10hp NA, but 20hp on the bottle. You should notice one or two MPH increase at the traps depending on your tune.
If you were too rich before removing the CATs you may notice a little more gain than that.

MasterMind 09-11-2005 05:16 AM

Thanks Mike

Did you mean Nitrous?