Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just read TNT Power Ring in CHP. I now think i am hooked. Questions tho..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Just read TNT Power Ring in CHP. I now think i am hooked. Questions tho..

The kit is priced at $899 for the F2? Thats still enough $ to make me un-sure as to if i really will take the plunge.. The damn dominoes start falling from there i'm sure.

Enough about the kit.

My 99 SS is BONE stock. I have the most stock car on this board i am sure as far as whats under the hood anyway. (yes Original air filter & lid )

Yes tease me all you want about that, but My real interest lies in what i need to do to the car to handle a 100hp Shot from the TNT Power Ring wet Setup?

I want to be picky here. I want this system to work flawlessly once installed. What is all recomended to do to our cars to handle real close to another 100hp at the wheels? Keep in mind, I would need to return the car 100% stock if need be. No trace of Nitrous is a necesity. Exclude having to get a rear end please.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RaRe99SS
The kit is priced at $899 for the F2? Thats still enough $ to make me un-sure as to if i really will take the plunge.. The damn dominoes start falling from there i'm sure.

Enough about the kit.

My 99 SS is BONE stock. I have the most stock car on this board i am sure as far as whats under the hood anyway. (yes Original air filter & lid )

Yes tease me all you want about that, but My real interest lies in what i need to do to the car to handle a 100hp Shot from the TNT Power Ring wet Setup?

I want to be picky here. I want this system to work flawlessly once installed. What is all recomended to do to our cars to handle real close to another 100hp at the wheels? Keep in mind, I would need to return the car 100% stock if need be. No trace of Nitrous is a necesity. Exclude having to get a rear end please.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Hey man, we are just getting the site changed over so sorry if there wasent any prices listed.. Our F1 kit goes for $754 and is adj from 75-250hp.. The only things I reccomend other than the kit is an MSD 8969 window switch and possibly an aftermarket fuel pump.. Other than that you need to yank the stock plugs out and throw some NGK tr55 or tr6 gapped @35 and you will be good to go.. Hope that gets you started, thanks David@TNT
Old 09-21-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the fast reply David. I must have over-looked the F1 kit. I was looking mostly for the "Power Ring" name actually.

Questions for anyone that wants to chime in:

Are the NGK tr55ix (Iridium plugs) overkill?

I am nervous about tapping for fuel.. I have seen those wet kit Nos videos where cars explode because of fuel line failure from n20 kits, and it has be scared to death. Is it really straight forward?

Walboro 255 Fuel pump good enough? Best place to buy? ease of install? Thanks again guys!
Old 09-21-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

fvck the iridium plugs, u don't need them and I've heard of ALOT of people having problems with them. just go with the tested and true TR55 or TR6 V-power.

u shouldn't have any trouble if u get a inline or drop in pump, FPSS and window switch. but as the famous saying goes "u pay to play"
Old 09-21-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ask them about how well it fits with the a air lid i have had mine for 3 years and every time i mess with i want to toss it out in the street one you get it on it works great.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RaRe99SS
Thanks for the fast reply David. I must have over-looked the F1 kit. I was looking mostly for the "Power Ring" name actually.

Questions for anyone that wants to chime in:

Are the NGK tr55ix (Iridium plugs) overkill?

I am nervous about tapping for fuel.. I have seen those wet kit Nos videos where cars explode because of fuel line failure from n20 kits, and it has be scared to death. Is it really straight forward?

Walboro 255 Fuel pump good enough? Best place to buy? ease of install? Thanks again guys!
There's really no "tapping" necessary for the fuel line. If you look at your fuel rail (driver's side) there's already a screw cap on the end of it. All you do is unscrew the cap, remove a schrader valve (simple), and screw in the nitrous fuel line instead of the cap. I have a TNT F1 kit and its really very easy to install and I have zero experience with any of this. The electrical work is by far more tedious and time consuming, but its easy too. Everyone here has answered all my questions.