Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone hear that Hard lining Nitorus eliminates Lag of N20 Hit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone hear that Hard lining Nitorus eliminates Lag of N20 Hit?

When running the regular steel nitrous lines from the NOID to the intake, I was told there Can sometimes be a slight lag before the power hits and this will bug me?

I was told by this person that they experienced a LAG in the niotrous power hit because of the expanding of the lines and the way the fuel and nitrous gets delivered. Something like the pressure is so great it shoots the fuel or nitrous in the intake 1st and then it takes a second to get caught up, or something like that and thus, the LAG???????????????

VS.

if you hard line from the NOID to the (in my case) TNT Power Plate with my NX Wet Kit, you will not have any lag.

Anyone every experience this before?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Umm Im going to have to say thats the fisrt for me.
Here is a fact for you though.
If for some reason you have a lean spike.You can tune it out by shortning the fuel line for the solenoid to the nozzle.This way its shorter than the nitrous line.As for the hard line.I do not see any advantage other than it looks good.
Dave
Old 09-22-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Never felt anything like that with my single nozzle NX system or saw it on the dyno graph. Same on my friends 2002 Z28 single nozzle.
The expansion on a ss braided line would be minimal IMHO. I think the hard lines would look cooler, but that's it. It sounds like he may have had a problem with a solemoid not reacting quick enough more then line expansion.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

I second what Dave said never heard of that and very very seriosuly doubt it
Old 09-22-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good Enough Guys. Just wondering. This friend is very well respected for tuning, but maybe this was just the way his wet kit worked.

He could tune any car without any problem and was on the phone giving advice to a local shop while we were hangin out today. This just came up in our conversation today and I was curious.

Thanks for the replies. You post in the Vette Forums and you never get any replies. LS1 is the place for Nitrous

Thanks Dave and Airwolf
Old 09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bandit,
Too funny seeing that there was no response on the vette forums... As soon as I went heavy into the juice I stopped hanging there. I still check out the Z06 section and maybe the FI section, but Nitrous is the bastard son it seems. Too each their own. I guess the broad base of LS cars here makes it more possible for better nitrous feedback. For that I am thankful!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep your right. More into Forced Induction. My car is already set up perfect. Drives like a dream, even with a big stall, idles nice with a little lope and sounds great with the Z06 Titaniums and no cats through the KOOKS Headers.

I just am adding the nitrous to maintain the street manners (7.15 in the 1/8th and 11.2o's in the 1/4) if you call that street manners and to have a beast at will that will run mid to high 10's. Plus it sure looks fun having all those buttons to turn on and punch.

Should be done this week or early next. They said it was going to take at least 10-15 hours, maybe more. I got the FULL Set Up.......

By the time I am done with everything it will have cost me about $2,500. But that is OK.

Do you run a FPSS? My buddy said if you have a window switch, you don't need one and it will give me problems eventually. Is this true in YOUR opinion, or is it a good dual safety measure?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2005, 09:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The fuel pressure safety switch has nothing to do with the window switch.The window switch insures that you do not spray under to low of a RPM or hit Rev limiter on the spray. The fuel pressure safety switch is to insure that if you have a fuel delivery problem that it kills the ground to the solenoids so it does not fire.The key is knowing how to adjust it.Once its adjusted correctly it is fine.
Dave
Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I personally do not use a FPSS. I have a Racetronix pump instead!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK thanks Mike and Dave. I appreciate it. I will add it since I bought it and make sure I get it adjusted. I know your not running one Mike.

I will see how taxed my injectors are with the addition of nitorus, since I am already making decent numbers on the dyno. Hopefully I won't need a new fuel pump, but if I do, I have no problem getting one.

What exactly does it do, does it just replace your existing fuel pump and is larger in capacity and the ability to pump a larger volume of fuel?

I also see little mini fuel tanks, Dave sells them, is that the same thing.

Thanks for alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the help guys
Old 09-23-2005, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

my system has that lag but its only in first gear if i go wot before 3,000rpm (3,000-6,100 window) it hits hesitates for a split second......i did have a lean spike but it last for about 350rpm and comes back down to normal.......u think shortning the fuel line will take that away.........like i said it only does it in first gear........m6 btw
Old 09-23-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why does shortening the fuel line take this away. Because fuel gets there faster?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Restricted User

Hey, I post some replies in the FI section on CF.com!

I have never heard or experienced lag in a nitrous system. However,
if your nitrous line is longer or shorter, the hit will be harder/softer. It is a very slight noticeable difference, so to a degree to describe it, harder and softer is used.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the hard line vs the SS braided thing, our braided ss line is Teflon lined to stop hose expansion, and that is what can give a lag, but not a reality on our systems.

2000blackss, your "lag" if that's what you want to call it is not hose related but rather tuning related.

Bandit, shorting the line allows fuel to reach cly at the same as n2o. One travels at 58psi and one 1000psi. You can test this on a dyno and see if in fact your intial lean spike goes bye, bye.

I quit hanging on the corvetteforum n2o section long ago, but still visit sometimes. I have been telling guys over there to come on over to the priemer n2o site. Seems info over there is scewed in many ways, no real experianced guys respond, so lots of hear say and guesstimates.
Robert