Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Bottle Heater Questions (Black One)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX Bottle Heater Questions (Black One)

I was reading the NX Bottle Heater Instructions. I have the new black one. It says it works off bottle Bottle pressure and not tempature? Is this correct?

How does that work?

I have the NX Switch Pannel, so do I just flick the switch on for the B heater and it heats it up and turns OFF by itself at a certain temp (1050 I think it said)? Or does it stay on until I shut it off?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Launching!

great question I too wondered that!! I just bought the gen x2 upgrade and nx switch pannel and i am on here trying to gather info so I can install it
Old 10-02-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It uses a pressure transducer, so think of it like a fpss. It heats until the set pressure is met and breaks the current via the mech transducer. My NX blanket is et-up as temp or electric transducer, meaning it heats a bottle to a certain temp then electronics in transducer shut it down. The electric does have some advantages.
Robert
Old 10-02-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my guy was saying he needed to wait to install something on the heater because my Bottle was FULL!???

Some type of switch that turns it off or something? Not sure exactly, but it centered around some switch that cut off the heater and that he couldn't install it or complete it until I came back when my bottle is empty!

I also need to come back later when the bottle is empty so they can add the Blow Down Tube and add that to my set up.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
my guy was saying he needed to wait to install something on the heater because my Bottle was FULL!???

Some type of switch that turns it off or something? Not sure exactly, but it centered around some switch that cut off the heater and that he couldn't install it or complete it until I came back when my bottle is empty!

I also need to come back later when the bottle is empty so they can add the Blow Down Tube and add that to my set up.

Thanks
That's the mech pressure transducer, which shuts the heater off once to pressure. It's being mounted on the bottle side of shutoff valve, so if he tried to install it the bottle pressure would come blasting out. That's the main reason I went electro stats, no ugly mech transducer hanging off my bottle for a set-up on display.
Robert
Old 10-02-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

lol the pressure sensor screws into your gauge port which is an open port on the side of your valve if he unscrewed the gauge or plug that is there all your nitrous would come out.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool. My bottle will be on display. Is that going to detract from the look? I don't knwo what the transducer looks like. Oh well. I am sure it is cool.

I do WANT the transducer pice, right? I mean it is something that is necasarry to have on for safety?

You went electrical Robert. I am goign to go back now and read your reply. I am doing the Bottle LIKE YOU!!! So our set up will be similar.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's the Z06 bottle set-up. The electro transducer lays under the bottle heater strap and is invisable.
Robert