Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got a n02 idea . . . would it work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default got a n02 idea . . . would it work?

is it possible to inject n02 straight into the fuel system and have it enter the cylinder through the fuel injector? you would obviously need larger injectors and some computer work but i think its a good idea. you would get no manifold pooling that can occur with a wet system. you could have a more perfect fuel/n02 mix that a dry system may strugle with. it would equalize the n02 through all the cylinders like a direct port system, but would eliminate the possible atomization problems because the injector atomizes the fuel. it could also be super stealthy. what do you think?!?!? constructive criticism please.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
is it possible to inject n02 straight into the fuel system and have it enter the cylinder through the fuel injector? you would obviously need larger injectors and some computer work but i think its a good idea. you would get no manifold pooling that can occur with a wet system. you could have a more perfect fuel/n02 mix that a dry system may strugle with. it would equalize the n02 through all the cylinders like a direct port system, but would eliminate the possible atomization problems because the injector atomizes the fuel. it could also be super stealthy. what do you think?!?!? constructive criticism please.
I say No you can't. I'd bet money it wouldn't work out. I could see fuel gelling and N2O ice forming in the injector and clogging it good. The N2O pressure would far overpower the fuel pressure & no telling what that would do but I'd bet there would be little fuel flow.

Direct port solves all those problems and is readily available to anyone.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Teching In

(Not an expert, but): No.

Look at it this way: Consider that N20 needs to be in the neighborhood of 1000psi to stay liquid. Your fuel system is around 55psi. If you wanted to run at 1000psi, good luck on finding a fuel injector . OTOH if you wanted to inject gaseous N20 into the fuel rail, well sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

the closest you're gonna get to that is an nxl or noszzle which is basically a dp that mounts the nozzle right under the injector. also what makes you think dry kits have trouble maintaining a good a/f ratio?
heh injectorsicle
Old 12-05-2005, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

no way man thats never guna work,goodluck with it
Old 12-05-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok just wondering
Old 12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

think of it like the injectors would have to be nitrous solenoids, and it would make more sense to just have 1 noid and run a junction and then direct port nozzles. So i think DP is the much better solution.