Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I have the final answer to my thurst for juice.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
Robert from Nitrouse Direct Replyed to my email. He said that he would chose the TNT f1 kit,
http://texasnitroustechnology.com/st...a25ecc5c6f835e Wet or Dry?
He also suggested a plug and play direct port system, witch I think is over kill for my small 100-150 shot, but heres the link
http://www.nitrousdirect.com/direct-...trous-kit.html

ANd the wet kit he suggested was the
http://www.nitrousdirect.com/ls1-nitrous-kit.html

So my total list of choices is

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/ls1-nitrous-kit.html Wet 35-200 shot - 469.99
http://www.nitrousdirect.com/direct-...trous-kit.html Direct port 100-400 shot- 999.99
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/GMMassAir.htm Wet 50-150 shot- 904.64
http://texasnitroustechnology.com/st...a25ecc5c6f835e Wet or Dry? 25-250 - 799.00

I am so confused lol. Now I do know how it works though, thank you NX ricky, that helped me a lot. So tne noids control the amount of fule and nitrous gets injected?

I really wish this was a no brainer, like some choices. Theres so many ups and downs to each. I really didnt plan on going with a wet kit b/c if the thought of backfires. And dont I also HAVE to upgrade injectors and pump on my car with that 100-150 wet shot?

THanks!!!!!

EDIT!!!!

For ***** and grins, I went ahead and registerd at NitroDaves. So far in my cart I have

NX-20109-10.......Nitrous Express MAF plate system with 10lb bottle.904.64
NX-15718............Fuel Pressure Safety Switch...............................49.28
NO-bottlebracket..LS1 Transmission Tunnel Mounting Bracket............59.95
ZEX-82010..........Nitrous Purge Kit............................................... 99.95

Total- 1,113.82

Thats a bit more than Id like to spend, but I guess you gotta pay to play. Im sure Im missing some things that I need... Can I cancel the purge kit? I think the last two things on my list arn't needed, I can fab something up for mounting my bottle.. So thats 160 something that I can take off, leaving me right below a grand. What other goodies should I look for?
Chill sit back and relax...I deal with your delima every day. Please bear with me.

You are getting sales choices from technical guys. It's hard no to here. I sell Home Entertainment about every day, but I am a bench technician. I used to get that deer in the head light look quite often. I got some high quaity sales training that I still don't use enough. Lets start again.
1- We assume you want nitrous.
2- There are two basic types of kits WET and DRY
a- They both make extra horse power the same way
1- Wet adds at least 2 solenoids - 1 gasoline 1 nitrous. The combination gets squirted through a nozzle and makes its way into your intake manifold and gets distributed to your cylindars. Basic explaination.
2 - Dry adds at least 1 solenoid - 1 nitrous. The nitrous gas enters your intake manifold and a sensor tells your injector circuit you need moe gas to keep up with the extra oxygen now in the motor and the gasoline is pumped through your injectors.
They both have advantages and disadvantages.
Wet advantage is you have a harder hit that some people really notice. You can go generalluy up to 150 hp w/o changing your fuel pump.
Dry advantage is one less solenoid to fail. It can be hidden.
Wet Disadvantage - some say that since none of these cars were designed to have a gas/nitrous mixture flowed through them you may have puddling. I'm not sure of the number of wet systems out there vs this sort of explosion. Probably a very low number. The current nozzles like the NX atomize so sell and the velocities are so high when traveling through the motor this is a slim slim chance.
Dry disadvantage - softer hit. You must pay close attention to the duty cycles of your injectors.

So be aware of this stuff. Bottom line in my opinion is a quality kit like the NX MAF. Is well revieved by most wet lovers. It consistently yields great runs, great fun and super clean installations. Remember that vendors can tell you technical stuff about these kits that we may never quite undersatnd. What we understand is having a guy like Nitrodave there to help you figure out where a wire goes...or having an NXRicky or NXJeremy to find out if a fuse blows why it occured. You need to know that the company you are dealing with has a strong warranty. You need to know that beginners may have a use for a more complicated Direct port, but there are lots if jets (16) to change if you want to ease up up your shot. There will always be people here that prefer a dry kit...like Robert56. He knows his stuff...but so so Ricky and Jeremy know wet and dry kits...not to mention Nitro dave again. I chose my first Zex kit over all else was one reason...I was learning. I grew out if the Zex...was choosing between a Direct Port and NX MAF...I felt like for 2006 I wanted to learn a full solenoid setup that Zex doesn't use. I made my decision to go with the simplier NX MAF despite any low chances of failure. I did not want to change all those jets YET. I have a new Iron 408 being shipped to me from LME in Houston tomorrow that will support a whole bunch of nitrous. That may be my ticket to a Direct Port...but the NX MAF will probably suit me fine. Its good to a pretty big bump. Look over the advantages and disadvantages and see what makes sense. Have fun...
- Macon
Old 12-20-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

A direct port is only considered a over kill because of the cost and the difficulty plumbing. Well our kits are quality and value at a great price. It's plug and play, no pulling intake and tappping and plumbing. It's safer that a reg wet hit for sure, no distribution problems because each cly gets the same shot. It is not over kill in this case, and would like anyone to prove it is. Foe an extra $100 bucks a DP, what a steal, but just giving options. We beat the price barrier and the difficulty barrier all with quality. I will be running this kit on my Z06.
Robert
Old 12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
A direct port is only considered a over kill because of the cost and the difficulty plumbing. Well our kits are quality and value at a great price. It's plug and play, no pulling intake and tappping and plumbing. It's safer that a reg wet hit for sure, no distribution problems because each cly gets the same shot. It is not over kill in this case, and would like anyone to prove it is. Foe an extra $100 bucks a DP, what a steal, but just giving options. We beat the price barrier and the difficulty barrier all with quality. I will be running this kit on my Z06.
Robert
Actually DP makes excellent sense...it rules out the potential problems. It is time consuming and tedious to swpa out 16 nozzles. IMHO.
- Macon
Old 12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 90% sure that I will be going with the NX MAF kit. I am not needing a huge shot of n2o, I dont race for money, for fun. Id like to see my car in the 12's eventually. I think with this kit, and my mods I have now, I will be damn close to the 12's if not in them, and then the other bolt ons I have planed will get me there for sure.

Now that I have chosen my kit, I need to know what I have to get to be safe. Remember, were working with a 136k mile car here, Althought it apears to be well taken care of, its still 136k miles. So I will need:

The kit ( doh lol )
Racetronix Fuel Pump ( With or without the plug and play harnes? )
Plugs
FPSS
Bottle mounting stuff

That it? Should I invest in a purge? How bout Injectors?

After I do all of the N20 Set up, and get some more mod money, I think Im going to get a new alt, battery, MSD opti, plug wires, fuel filter, and a GM million or so point inspection.... That seem like a good idea even though none of this stuff has failed yet? Its all stock

And If I like my small shot this time around, when I build my stroker after college * long term mod lists, gotta love them! * I will use a directport...
Old 12-20-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

I am 90% sure that I will be going with the NX MAF kit. I am not needing a huge shot of n2o, I dont race for money, for fun. Id like to see my car in the 12's eventually. I think with this kit, and my mods I have now, I will be damn close to the 12's if not in them, and then the other bolt ons I have planed will get me there for sure.

Now that I have chosen my kit, I need to know what I have to get to be safe. Remember, were working with a 136k mile car here, Althought it apears to be well taken care of, its still 136k miles. So I will need:
That's a lot of miles...i'd have someone look to see if you get any oil smoke when you let off the throttle after a NA run. The N20 will raise cyl pressure and be a bit tougher on your rings.
The kit ( doh lol )
Racetronix Fuel Pump ( With or without the plug and play harnes? )
If you do it...go for the harness...otherwise it's like using 16 g zip cord to power a subwoofer amplifier, if that makes sense. The FP will draw a goodly amount of current.

Plugs
TR6s work well

FPSS
I don't...some degree of safety there.

Bottle mounting stuff
See 860 Perfromance stuff.

That it? Should I invest in a purge? How bout Injectors?
Purge absolutely and a warmer too. Injectors not with wet unless your tuner says so

After I do all of the N20 Set up, and get some more mod money, I think Im going to get a new alt, battery, MSD opti, plug wires, fuel filter, and a GM million or so point inspection.... That seem like a good idea even though none of this stuff has failed yet? Its all stock
Have a blast!

And If I like my small shot this time around, when I build my stroker after college * long term mod lists, gotta love them! * I will use a directport...
Sounds like me, but younger...the stroker may come sooner than you think!!
-Macon
Old 12-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Do you think that I need the pump though? On that small of a shot?

As far as smoke, never had anyone say anything about it, and ive been followed by friends.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

with that many miles it's time to replace it if it hasn't already just to be safe.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Do you think that I need the pump though? On that small of a shot?

As far as smoke, never had anyone say anything about it, and ive been followed by friends.
Not really...except that at 133K miles things start to get "old". I would try it w/o. A straight Walboro 255 might be fine too on stock wiring. Start on a 75 (if you can) shot...ease it up to 100. Why jump in all at once? My .02.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Sounds sound.

Whats the worst that would happen, Would it go lean, and blow? Wouldnt I notice that on my temp gauge?

What about a fule pressure gauge?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not read all the above but I would like to relay something.

First the maff system is in my opinion one of the cleanest systems on the market. THere are many many nice quality systems to choose from. A direct port is over kill in the fact that it is not needed for the size shot yuou are looking at.THere is higher cost in parts,labor and more tunning involved.

With that said.There are simple sinngle nozzles.They work great but give more of a universal look. Now THere are plate systems also THat we offer in our brand and the NOS brand.There is also the tnt f1 system.This is a nice system. Then we have a dual nozzle kit with SLP smooth bellows in outr chrismas specials that is a nec system also.

So many choices.LOL The key is to pic the desighn you like.THen compare certain things like the companys reputation,completeness of the system,the quality and si=ze of the solenoids,the flow and quality of the bottle valve etc.

Now, I can tell your heart was set on the maff system. I think that is one of the best quality systems and cleanest system on the market. NX has what is called map pricing so the price on our website may actually be higher than the price you would recieve if you were to email,pm or call us.hint hint.

After you picjk the system that fits your needs look into the accessories needed to help the system fuction to its full potential safley.
If I can be of any help please feel free to send me a pm.
Merry Christmas
Dave

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 12-22-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Dave, you sir, are a good man lol. I know all about map pricing from my old hobby, will have to shoot you a call tomorrow, see what I can get from ya I will defenatly buy stuff from you, and direct other people towards your store, youve been more than helpful! What are your operating hours, when would be the best time to call tomorrow? Im sure this is all on your site, so I'll check.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Oh, one last thing before I hit the sack.

Should I have to tune differently for this kit? I wanna dyno my car anyways, to get a baseline, so I'll be at the dyno shop anyways, I might as well wait till after the kits installed and have the guy tune acordingly correct?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

SGT Spuds. I know its hard getting correct info from a company looking to push sales so I would like to be of asistance if possible.
Dave can you elaborate on this statement? are you talking about your self? or me?
Robert
Old 12-21-2005, 01:23 AM
FormerVendor

Robert, I am not talking about you or myself. I am just stating that I would be happy to offer knowledgeable help with out a sales pitch behind it.Some companys sales drivin in there tech help.With that happening how can you ever get a real since for what the person or customer is really needing or looking for.

Dave
Old 12-21-2005, 01:25 AM
FormerVendor

SGt Spuds.You can call anytime.TOLL FREE 1-866-648-7637.
This time of the year we are open 9.00-5.30 and closed 12-1 for lunch.

As for the tune.You may want to use a timing tunner so you can run the best NA tune and pull timing for nitrous.Other wise your tunner can juts give you a good tune that will work both ways.
Dave
Old 12-21-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Robert, I am not talking about you or myself. I am just stating that I would be happy to offer knowledgeable help with out a sales pitch behind it.Some companys sales drivin in there tech help.With that happening how can you ever get a real since for what the person or customer is really needing or looking for.

Dave
Ooook, it just seemed that the only sellers on this thread were you and I?
I still think comparitive costs that DP is not over kill. remember this base kit has EFI nozzles (NOSzles) and poly lines, so it's all plug and play, easy to change jets compared to hard line Dp kits, and has dual nitrous and dual fuel noids that are very, very big. Also, everything is removable for next ride without damage left behind when resaling. I am only stating this for people reading along as Sgt Spuds seems to have made his choice. Just wanting to clarify some points.
Robert
Old 12-21-2005, 02:03 AM
FormerVendor

Robert.
You are correct in the sence that its easeir to install.But here are the down falls. All directports require a little extra tunning. For some people that is no big deal but it does add more to the intall and needed knowledge. Also one some injector sytle systems you will need to kmake sure the injector flow path is not interupted. NX makes a nice injector kit that we use that does not have this problem.Pluss it sits the injector down off in the seat better.Even with that said though I still prefer a real nozzle on a directport system.

Here is a pic of one of our most recent under the nozzle kit.

Now for the ultimate NXL kit they offer. This is a bolt on unit that replaces fuel rails and all. (This is not our work I stole this off the board)

Dave
Old 12-21-2005, 02:06 AM
FormerVendor

NOS also offer a universal under the injector system. I do not have any pics of it.
Dave
Old 12-21-2005, 03:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, we have a new EFI nozzle coming out, to replace current model. yea, NOS has the earl issue with the NOSzle, but sorted out now. I reconize that last pic, that's ICLUCKIN's vette, a very nice $$ set-up.

Here's a pic of the ND EFI nozzles and a hard line set-up, I'll be using braided, as I like that look.

Robert
Old 12-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Do you have to drop the rear end to get at the tank? I havent been under this car yet..