Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

here is my question...i want to go the nitrous route,i want to run a 150 shot wet, what system should i start with? what kind of tuning will i need? will my stock injectors hold up or should i get bigger injectors? and please add anything else i have missed this isnt something i want to mess up...thanks
Old 01-21-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

what system will depend on your budget and tastes. If your going wet you will not need to mess with your injectors. If staying 150 or less you really will not need any tuning however I alwasy recomend testing the nitrous on a dyno with a wideband just to ensure everything is working as it should.
I would also recomend a bottle heater, purge ans window switch. And If you want a little more control of how the power is applied...instead of the window switch...and FJO/NX mini dual stage controller. It will allow you to tailor the delivery of that 150 extra HP so as to take it easier on your stock bottom end. The controller is $206. A window switch is anywhere from $50-100.
Youll also need to change your plugs to some NGK TR6 stock # 4177

A good wet kit that we carry would be something like the NX dual nozzle setup.

A higher end kit would be the NX MAF kit. Check out our website for other kits. And keep reading here. You are obviously learning and there is much to digest on the subjet. Dont be afraid to post and ask questions...no matter how dumb you might think they are.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Board Certified Idiot

150 Wet shot, NO injecters are needed, & No timing is Needed. Your Mods Below I would Just get a Fuel PUMP to be safe then sry
Old 01-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Launching!

I was looking around for a kit not too long ago, i finally went with the NX dual nozzle kit. If you definitly dont plan on spraying more than 150 the single nozzle will be fine but when i was looking at getting one nitro dave had the dual nozzle for only 50 bucks more so i figured what the hell. I got the NGK TR6 plugs with a bottle heater, bottle bracket, trick window switch, and a Fuel Pressure Saftey Switch. Shortly after that i got a purge kit and an ash tray switch panel. I still got to install it though. The only thing that you may want to cosider to be safe is an aftermarket fuel pump. I got a racetronics fuel pump kit on the way.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

thanks for all the replies i will def look into all of that ...my budget will be fairly large because i am going to the field for like a month and a half so i will have like 4 paychecks saved up
Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the input given. Prob a fuel pump would be a good idea, whether going wet or dry. Some seem to back away from the safety of a dry hit because injector upsizing is sometimes needed. If you compare the cost of some of the dry kits and the cost of injectors, you still stay under the price of a wet kit. Now you didn't state whether you wanted wet/dry, but invite you to check out the threads below, and we do have less expensive single nozzle standard kits. If I can be of help to you in any way chosing a kit, even if if it's not our brand give me a holla. Good luck on choosing a kit, as this is a good time for end users, mucho selection.
Nitrous Direct-PRO Dry Kit
Nitrous Direct-PRO Wet Kit
Robert
Old 01-22-2006, 10:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I suggest reading up on wet and dry.Then decididing what fits your needs. Fill free to hit me up for any tech help or pricing. On some things our pricing over the phone is cheaper than what is listed on our web site.
Dave