Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with nitrous enrichment cells inside please....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys with nitrous enrichment cells inside please....

Just curious which cell, which pump, and where you guys are mounting them, any pics would be appreciated, thanks guys! Also, any guys that used a pump inside the cell, pics of that would be great and also, which pump and regulator would be best to run the high pressure that our stock systems run for my tnt kit?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:52 PM
9 Second Club

I will post pics a little later but I have a 1 gal. cell we picked up at are local speed shop we mounted it in the battery box it runs on a inline pump. My wet kit is just like a TNT but we run it low pressure
Old 01-26-2006, 06:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm running a 1 gallon Jaz fuel cell, and I believe its the holley "black" pump with one of their fuel regulators.

Here are some pics.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a good deal on a seperate fuel system if you are looking to buy one.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/367270-diamond-custom-pistons-nib-nitrous-fuel-system-nossle-kit.html
Old 01-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nitrous Outlet sells some of the cleanest can combos, I have seen for these cars.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...section_id=122

Ricky
Old 01-26-2006, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

I would suggest using a pump that has the capability of putting out the higher pressure like the stock fuel system, and get a high quality regulator that is capable of handling the high pressure (50-60psi) and low pressure (10psi) tunes. This way you can have the option of trying both types of tunes to find which one works best for you. One advantage of running low pressure is that jet changes don't make as big a difference as they do with high pressure tune ups. This way your changes will make smaller incremental differences.

Oh, and Nitro Daves complete stand alone fuel systems have all of what I just mentioned (Aeromotive Regulator adjustable from 3-60psi, Walbro 255lph intank pump, Aeroquip hoses and fittings, and an aluminum cell). Hit him up for pricing if you're interested.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We offer many different custom set ups. Our set ups caome ready to go. We have a walboro intank pump inside the cell. We have a aeromtoive return stylle regulater. Our kits comes with everything you need and can be installed in no time. Here are a few pics.
This one is bolted in by your stock battery clamps.

This one bolts down on the front brace in the fuse box area. Right buy the radiator.

This is a 3 gallon that goes in the trunk.

Dave
Old 01-26-2006, 10:27 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I'm running a 1 gallon Jaz fuel cell, and I believe its the holley "black" pump with one of their fuel regulators.

Here are some pics.

well no need for me to post pics of mine I have the same tank in the same spot but i mounted the pump under the tank, I even have the catch can like you do for the radiator
Old 01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Nitrous Outlet sells some of the cleanest can combos, I have seen for these cars.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...section_id=122

Ricky
Yeah I know, I would love to buy Nitro Dave's setup, but I really just can't afford it! I've still got so much **** left to do on the car safety wise and I wanna get it all done and now I need to get the standalone just to be able to get a clean pass out of her and am tryin to put one together as cheap as possible so I can get out, make a clean pass, and then be happy puttin her down and not racing for a couple months while I do the safety ****. I don't know, I may end up buying it anyways, cuz it really is the perfect kit, just gotta get my finances together and decide what I want to do. And I really want to have the car all done and legal and all to make it out to at least one of the ls1tech races this year, i've been wanting to go for so long and I think I may actually have the car ready this year!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We offer many different custom set ups. Our set ups caome ready to go. We have a walboro intank pump inside the cell. We have a aeromtoive return stylle regulater. Our kits comes with everything you need and can be installed in no time. Here are a few pics.
This one is bolted in by your stock battery clamps.

This one bolts down on the front brace in the fuse box area. Right buy the radiator.

This is a 3 gallon that goes in the trunk.

Dave
I know, ur systems are badass, i'd really like to get the one that replaces the battery since it's already in the back, but $700 is pretty pricey, any ls1tech discount?
Old 01-26-2006, 02:36 PM
8 second mod

Daves setup are very nice, but the money is high. nice bolt on stuff tho. and good quality.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that our set up is alittle pricey. But if you compare it to the set ups I use to put in the cars with Jr dragster fuel cells its well worth the money..
Dave
Old 01-26-2006, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Devon just use the windshield washer tank, it already has a pump on it.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sniffin94
Devon just use the windshield washer tank, it already has a pump on it.
Dumbass! If I was gonna use it, i'd put fittings in it like a cell and get a pump and regulator and all, but i'm sure it's not legal, and I don't feel safe having fuel at the front of the car like that! I've gotta quit rigging ****, cuz then I end up spending more money later doing it right to make **** legal cuz I wasted money doing it wrong in the first place!

Last edited by Loudmouth LS1; 01-26-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Dumbass! If I was gonna use it, i'd put fittings in it like a cell and get a pump and regulator and all, but i'm sure it's not legal, and I don't feel safe having fuel at the front of the car like that! I've gotta quit rigging ****, cuz then I end up spending more money later doing it right to make **** legal cuz I wasted money doing it wrong in the first place!
Devon,

Whatever you choose, take your own advice. Be patient and do it right the first time.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by next
Devon,

Whatever you choose, take your own advice. Be patient and do it right the first time.
I will, like I said, i'm tired of rigging **** and then having to redo it, cuz i'm at the point now that I really can't get away with ****, gonna have to have the chassis certified as soon as I get the 10-point and i'm sure they're gonna be a lot stricter in tech, so I would just rather spend a little more now and do it right the first time. Gotta get my finances in order and i'll see where I stand on how much to spend on puttin the standalone together.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

I am very happy with the Nitro Dave's system I purchased.

Old 01-27-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Where is the cheapest place to get the 1 gallon Jaz cell and what part number you guys running? I too would like to get one of daves set ups but just too pricey for me.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Launching!

those are some NICE set-ups...I have always just trolled around racingjunk and ebay to find good deals on used cells...You can usually get one for about half price.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man I went to racing junk and got a cell for $50, so my standalone is complete now and total investment is way under $200

I'm a cheap ***

Quick Reply: Guys with nitrous enrichment cells inside please....