LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/)
-   -   all these options are a bit overwhelming... (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/480051-all-these-options-bit-overwhelming.html)

dreamer 03-31-2006 03:08 PM

all these options are a bit overwhelming...

seriously, I'm having real trouble deciding what setup to go with.

I've narrowed it down to this:

-I need ~100 whp
-the kit needs to be truely removable, meaning, I want to keep drilling and tapping to a bare minimum.
-I want the kit to be as stealthy as possible
-I don't want to upgrade injectors or the fuel pump

After significant research, I still can't decide between dry and wet. I'm leaning towards dry due to the more simple installation, but I fear the dreaded "lean spike." If I decide to go dry, whats the advantage of dual nozzles? Does it help distribution, even if you're spraying into the lid?

I plan on buying from a sponsor such as Nitro Dave, or HSW. Retail just seems like a waste of money to me. Anyone got any pointers? Should I just suck it up and splurge on a NX MAF kit? any help is appreciated. and please believe me, I searched my ass off.

EDIT: BTW my car is a 2002 Z28 M6.

Fogle07 03-31-2006 03:20 PM

nitro daves new plate kit looks like it would suit you well
nitro dave kit

also found this one from nitrous express
nx kit

02Vortech 03-31-2006 03:21 PM

either way you will be happy my friend- wet hits harder- but on either type you will not need a fuel system upgrade- you can mount the bottle under the right rear speaker hatch- i see alot of guys do that with their ls1's - if you want as little drilling as possilble go with a plate kit from daves or NX- but they are not very stealthy :(- dry kits arent that stealthy either b/c you have to place the nozzle on the side of the lid where every1 can see it- but a wet single fogger set-up can be placed in the bottom of the bellow so no one can see it

383LQ4SS 03-31-2006 03:24 PM

neither dry or wet will have a lean spike at a 100 HP. Dont worry about that at all. And lean SPIKES are usually a wet type of deal. But mostly when you dont have a good enough fuel system for the shot size. Running lean with no aparent reason why happens on some dry kits. That usually an airflow problem over the MAF or a sensor or PCM issue. Youll see that on the dyno with wideband when you run. But thats generally rare and usally correctable.
Wet kit is probably more correct on avg for Af right out of the box.

You cant go wrong with the NX MAf or something like Daves plate.

A regular ole dry will work too. just save your stock lid to put back on when you want to go back to stock.

Fogle07 03-31-2006 03:34 PM

found something better. i would get this kit from dave
hidden kit

Beer99C5 03-31-2006 03:36 PM

I was confused too...so I am doing both...LOL

You can't go wrong with any of the site sponsors, I have used DynoTune (Dry Kit), Nitrous Outlet (Wet Plate kit), and just added HSW (custom hoses for the dry shot).

Cheers
Beer

dreamer 03-31-2006 03:50 PM

dammit Nitro Dave's february/march deals end today. figures :P

383LQ4SS 03-31-2006 04:11 PM

Call him up....im sure he will work something out.

98redorangeta 03-31-2006 05:14 PM

For a good stealth system talk to dave at nitrous outlet about either the halo system (dry) or the infomus money maker (wet). both kits should fit your needs wet or dry is up to you though its personal preference they both have there ups and downs the only on that really superior is direct port and even that has a down side of price.

227Hawk 03-31-2006 07:18 PM

:(
I see you over looking Nitrous Direct. Scott has Good systems/ Good pricing.
Hawk :devil:

BadAssFast 03-31-2006 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer
dammit Nitro Dave's february/march deals end today. figures :P

Plead ignorance...he might just help you out!! It worked for me once!!

227Hawk 03-31-2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Macon
Plead ignorance...he might just help you out!! It worked for me once!!

JUST ONCE :confused:

:jest:

Hawk :chug:

BadAssFast 03-31-2006 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
JUST ONCE :confused:

I use the military method...don't ask don't tell. LOL.

:jest:

Hawk :chug:[/QUOTE]

Robert56 03-31-2006 11:13 PM

Stealthy and min drilling. I would say a single nozzle dry kit. Some real cool ideas on hiding these kits has been done. The maf kit you have to cut your maf up, so...the plate kits aren't very stealthy, so...wet nozzle kits have more plumbing/wiring so not as easy to make stealthy. If your stock your 28lb injectors are fine for a 100 hit, but fuel pump on the f-bodys is questionable, however many have run the stocker on a 100 hit. Good luck on chosing a kit, you'll have a blast.
Robert