Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Dave's Stock TB plate Dyno and ET comparison.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitro Dave's Stock TB plate Dyno and ET comparison.

These results are my own and I have not spoken to anyone at Nitro Dave's about them. I put this information out here for everyone to read and draw your own conclusions from. They have not been influenced in any way or by any one. All passes and dyno pulls were made under VERY similar weather conditions with the pulls and passes on the plate actually being 3 and 5 degrees warmer which may or may not have hurt the output of the plate just a touch. So without any further ramblings here are the results for the RWHP/TQ dyno numbers with my combo which includes a stock LS1 intake, TB and heads. A camshaft that is 221/221@.050 .558/.558. TCI SSF that has been tightened up to 3500, 3.42 gears. All dyno runs were made with 125 shot in a single NX fogger nozzle and 125 shot on the plate.

Dyno results.
Single NX nozzle 125-shot.
402-RWHP
398-RWTQ

Dave's plate 125-shot.
420-RWHP
418-RWTQ

Track Results.
Single NX nozzle 125-shot.
7.22@97.39 11.30@122.89

Dave's plate 125-shot.
7.15@98.34 11.15@124.39

I know there has been some back and forth about Dave's plate but I know for a fact that it does work better over a fogger for my car and that is not conjecture, just facts. I am NOT in any way taking anything away from NX's products as they make great quality stuff. It just so happens that the rest of my kit is all their products but the plate just so happens to work better over a single nozzle as it would appear to me. I would like to thank Dave, Courtney and Chris for their products and speedy service. Thanks again and I hope this information is able to help some out there who may be wondering what system to get for their ride. Take care.

Jim C.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet!

Looking forward to dabbling with mine, my numbers will be bone stock A4 and be compared to a dry system.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the unbiased info.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim,
Sweet info. Thanks for sharing with us. Do you happen to have the air fuel from the dyno pulls.
Dave
Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Dave, no problem and sorry for not including them earlier. The readings on the O2 counts were as follows -

Single NX nozzle - 12.7:1
Plate - 12.5:1

The plate was a little richer because I was mixing jets so I am sure there is a little more to be had if I wanted to lean on it some but I chose to err on the side of caution right now with the stock bottom end. Hope this helps.

Jim C.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did either the nozzle or plate show much of a lean spike?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Neither because I always add a few gallons of 112 to the mix due to having a stock fuel pump still. Both got into the 12.9 (plate) and 13.1 (nozzle) range but that was just for a split second when the system was actually activated. I personally would NOT call that lean but I believe the end user would have to justify that for him/herself. I believe that the Racetronix pump is going to help even this slight bump. Now keep in mind I am NOT a dyno queen I am very old school about some things so on the last of the three pulls on each system the car was cut off and the ALL the plugs were pulled, inspected and changed between the two systems to keep any confusion to a minimum. I have to say that from what I could tell the plugs from the plate system were a little rich but again that is because I was monkeying with the jetting due to it being a fairly new product. I believe that if I had leaned the plate out a touch more, maybe a jet or two down on the fuel it would have picked up even more but I needed to get going plus I was tired. Hope this helps.

Jim C.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very good info!!!!

I am impressed you actually took the time to pull the plugs to check them. I think between your information, the post of the video of the plate spraying and BeardWS6's post I am sold on this plate setup
Old 03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the NX fogger kit with the MAF setup or just a single fogger.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems that jetting to the same a/f would be a closer comparason? Also, did you use the same jets? Not to take away from dave's plate, but you could just jet the NX nozzle to the same HP?
Robert
Old 03-28-2006, 08:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Seems that jetting to the same a/f would be a closer comparason?
It probably would but I didn't have the fuel jet that I needed to get the A/F ratio closer to the nozzle while using the same HP setting of nitrous. In any event the fact that the plate had a richer mixture causing a richer A/F could have made it appear to be more even but the fact that it still made more power leads me to believe that this plate is on TOP of it's game period. It is my contention that on my combo if the A/F ratios had been identical the there would have been even more of a difference in the final power output. One also needs to understand that this wasn't just total power this plate made slightly more in the low and mid range as well and that is what kicks things into high gear regarding E/T. From what I can tell it is just allot more efficient on my combo.

Also, did you use the same jets?
Ah, I have been waiting for someone to ask about this. Here is the deal on that subject. Being that it was a single fogger and I was comparing it to a plate I gave the fogger nozzle a slight advantage by running the standard NX 125- N2O/Fuel jetting in it. For the plate I used both the N20 jet setting for nozzle but then I actually stepped down two jet sizes just for ***** and giggles and the plate still made more power. As far as I can see it is ALL in the atomization and distribution pattern. That is what makes this plate so productive.

Not to take away from dave's plate, but you could just jet the NX nozzle to the same HP?
Robert
Sure if I wanted to use up more nitrous. The idea as far as I am concerned is to make as much power as possible with a given amount of N2O. What I am trying to say is that it would not make sense to jet the nozzle up to 150-hp to make the same amount of power that I can make with a 125-hp setting with the plate and there-by using less nitrous. I have been running N2O since 1986 and have seen the technology in this field make progress by leaps and bounds. Short of a direct port fogger system I believe this plate is the best I am going to find for my car at this time. I have found this plate to be far more efficient than most any single nozzle can be and I believe that it will prove itself even more one a larger shot of N2O. I am still a firm believer in Nitrous Express and would have bought a plate from them if they had one that had the same features as Dave's, but his was there, the price was right and bolted up without issue (Except for that stupid *** stock bellow I am using). Again these are MY findings and others may have to judge for themselves. I am only a couple of hundred feet above sea level so results may vary some but the fact of the matter is this - Nitro Dave's plate works and works well from what I have seen. I have no bias against other plates but I don't particularly want to fight with a paper gasket when I can get one that has a grove machined in it for a stock GM TB rubber gasket, no muss, no fuss. Anyone that has enough forsight to look out for his customers like that is going to get my business. I am not cheerleading for Dave's but more-so stating the facts of my findings. Now if you want to see me cheerleading take a look at some of his direct port work, I have plumbed several foggers over the years but those gents do some flat out artwork. You have some valid questions and I thank you for them but these are my findings from a very LONG weekend and as such should be taken for what the reader believes they are worth. Thanks again and take care.

Jim C.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Can you post up a dyno sheet of the nozzle and the plate?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HPT BANDIT
Can you post up a dyno sheet of the nozzle and the plate?
Bandit, not to be funny but I don't use dyno graph sheets. I record all of the numbers and enter them into a spreadsheet that I keep for different vehicles and combos. It works ALLOT better for what it is that I am keeping track of as well as solid comparison of side-by-side numbers. If you need that let me know and I will find time to post it for you. Hope this helps.

Jim C.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to see your spreadsheet just because I'm curious. Could you email it to me? Badhabitbird@hotmail.com

Thanks again for doing such a great report on your findings.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

You want the LS1 single nozzle vs. Dave's plate correct? I will clip and shoot you the columns either this evening or in the AM if that is OK with you. They will be in a standard excel format. You are welcome and hope this helps.

Jim C.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Launching!

I just look at different things on a dyno sheet, not just the peak numbers. I was curious if the power came on quicker with the plate and how long the power lasted before it droped off compaired to a nozzle.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HPT BANDIT
I just look at different things on a dyno sheet, not just the peak numbers. I was curious if the power came on quicker with the plate and how long the power lasted before it droped off compaired to a nozzle.
I understand your point. Myself, I prefer the actual output numbers by RPM range rather than graphs providing what I believe to be a more even mathematical approach for a comparison, hence the reason I keep spreadsheet vs. graphs. I like being able to compare it cell by cell. I was pleasantly surprised at what I found.

Jim C.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim,
Your info is great. I appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. We are very happy with the plate system.

Dave
Old 03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for taking the time to do the test. I had wanted to see what the difference between the two would be. I have a NX shark nozzle and am on the fence over whether or not to do the plate.
Some say there is a small difference N/A; Did you see any?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Can't wait until mine is race ready, Dave's products are great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitro Dave's Stock TB plate Dyno and ET comparison.