Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please, Solenoid relay closing

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help Please, Solenoid relay closing

I havent used any nitrous on my car yet but I wanted to test everything out and make sure everything works good first. I also wired a little light (mounted in the dash) inline with my Solenoid power wire to know when my noids were getting juice and when they werent. When I tested the power to the solenoids ( noids were not on the car, have them on a plug) by monitoring the light I put in the dash everything worked ok I thought but the relay only opens up about approx 3 seconds and then then closes and cuts power. I could do this as manytimes as I wanted and this happens the same every time. Could this be from a bad ground? I decided to plug up the solenoids and check them out and they pulsed. I know this isnt right and just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem. BTW I have all the normal suff on my system like FPSS, TT, and WOT switch.

TIA

Hummer

Last edited by WS6HUMMER; 07-03-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Is the red led light on when the N2O is active? You can easily test that by putting all the dials to 0 and turning the key to acc. press the micro switch and the red led should come on. This test will last for 1 sec only.

Matt
I just saw this post Matt made on another thread about testing the TT and everything works like he discribes, it could be that my approx 3 secs is 1 sec?

Last edited by WS6HUMMER; 07-03-2006 at 01:01 PM.