Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions before the track opens

Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default A few questions before the track opens

setup is dynotune dry kit, single nozzle in neck of lid.
dynotune bottle heater set to roughly 1000 psi
dynotune purge
dynotune rpm window switch set for 4.5 volt WOT and to come on from 3000
FPSS set at 35 psi
TR6 plugs
AEM UEGO wideband

alright well heres the problem. i'm on stock manifolds and cats, so i had to install the wideband sensor right after the cat on the driver side.....which im hearing was a mistake? people are telling me that the cat will fubar the reading from the wideband due to what a cats "job" is. which now, of course, makes sense. but i've also heard that if anything, the wideband will read more lean, and in turn i'd be tuning on the safer side. what do you think? the way i see it.....im sure there has been a car with stock manifolds that has been dyno tuned using the exhaust sniffers to measure A/F right? so if they can take a reading after the cat, i should be able to right? so yeah theres one, and the other is about what a/f i should really shoot for. my tuning will be done just by nozzle position, so i was wondering what a good a/f on a 100 shot would be. and the last thing, around here we can only get a hold of 91 octance, so i went and bought a can of torco...which i hear can be a good octane booster. what octane should i be shooting for? 93ish? thanks for all your help....i appreciate it.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put my dynotune wide band sensor after the y pipe in the 3 inch part.i have stock manifolds and exhaust.when i dynoed my car the wideband in my car was dead on with the dyno wideband.12.8 at full throttle and 11.5 full throttle on a 100 shot
Old 03-03-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've read plenty of threads about how it is not optimal to place it in the second o2 sensor spot. but overall, if calibrated correctly, i don't see it being too bad. .2 difference at most. if anything, it should read .2 leaner so that put's you at an advantage when tuning. when going wot, i don't think it matters and if it is off, it shouldn't be by much. figure that tailpipe wideband sensors would be much worse but tuners use them all the time and do work.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

awesome...im glad you guys made sense of that. so shooting for say, 11.5 A/F on the 100 shot? anyone know about the torco?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't know about the torco, but my tuner put my timing at 22 degrees and i don't have any issues on 91 octane.and yeah my tuner said on the bottle shoot for 11.2-11.7 afr.i had to jet my fuel up a little to get to 11.5 afr.i just ordered a electric fuel pressure guage which i would recommend also.

Search this Thread