Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interface and LTs Tuned in

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Interface and LTs Tuned in

Finally go my SLP LT's strapped on and tuned in to make 396 RWHP and 383 RWTQ. They made 16 more RWHP at the peak over the JBA shorties. More importantly they feel way torquier in the driver's seat vs. the JBA's. In fact I would say this mod feels like it adds almost as much as the cam (+40 RWHP, 228/232 .59x/.59x 114LSA) in terms of the SOTP dyno.

Secondly, I was able to tune in my post MAF dry spray setup using the HSW Interface. On a 70 RWHP shot I had to set the Interface to add 50 HP worth of fuel to get a good AFR. This mismatch is probably due to HSW being conservative with the fueling feature which is probably good insurance on their part. The end result was 466 RWHP and 488 RWTQ with a 11-11.5 AFR that followed the NA AFR (12-12.5) perfectly. In other words, the Interface did exactly what it was advertised to do; add a prescripted amount of fuel to the NA tune allowing for a dry hit after the MAF. Unfortunately the AFR readout got cutoff, but you can definitely tell by looking at the nitrous TQ curve that it mimics the NA curve only 100 ft-lbs higher. No more lean spikes followed by rich spikes that were caused by a shitty dry tune performed by some pretenders in the mid-atlantic area.

Big thanks goes out to Mike, Charley, and Ron at Vengeance Racing for the headers, tune, and putting up with my "experiment" (they still swear by wet kits). Now if I can only get them to tune my 10.30 diesel truck...

Mods are as follows: Vengeance VRX4 cam, 42lb green top injectors, Kenne Bell BAP, SLP LT's w/catless custom mids, HSW Sudden Impact Dry kit/Interface. Everything else is bone stock down to the original air filter.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great news! Post some pics of the install.

Nick
Old 08-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah I think I am one of the few GTO guys using the Interface. I was just glad to see something work as advertised! It is so simple too, I am surprised no one had thought of it before. Although I am sure the execution of design and production was involved.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
Yeah I think I am one of the few GTO guys using the Interface. I was just glad to see something work as advertised! It is so simple too, I am surprised no one had thought of it before. Although I am sure the execution of design and production was involved.
seems like it has been catching on more and more in the GTO market. The best part about the interface on a gto is that you can pull up to 8 degrees on the LS1 and up to 9 on the LS2. Which puts the interface at a huge advantage for the GTO crowd.