Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

Restaurant.com Gift Cards

Old 12-26-2009, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Restaurant.com Gift Cards

My Aunt has a few of these gift cards for Restaurant.com.
They are each $100.
This is how it works, each card has $100 credits preloaded on it. From there you put in the code on the back of the card onto Restaurant.com's site. Then you search their database for any and all restaurants that you may be interested in.
You buy gift cards to said restaurants of your choice with the $100 credits per card.
Basically you're getting $100 worth of food, the only catch is you have to use it on a place that is listed on the website.
Take a gander on the site and see if there are any food establishments in your area you'd be interested in going to.

These Gift Cards do NOT expire, and you're not obligated to use the entire amount all at once.
Here's the site you'll be using to search/purchase your gift cards from select restaurants: http://cobrand.theidealmeal.com/search.asp?pgn=gcp
Here's a terrible cell phone pic of cards I'm selling:

My Aunt doesn't really go out much, and $100 is alot of food. I may keep a couple for personal use, but we really have no need for the rest of them.
If anyone is interested in one or more of these, I'm selling them at $80/ea shipped.
I may be able to cut you a deal if you're willing to buy more than one.
Let me know if interested or have any questions.

Post replies here for faster response: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...l#post12667034
Old 12-26-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Not trying to burst your bubble but those are worth 15 bucks at the most

Restaurant.com has a new 80% off code CHEER available + additional $10 Restaurant.com gift certificate with each order. The $25 gift certificates are normally $10 or $15 (depending on restaurant), but are $2 or $3 with the code. They also sell $10 certificates for select restaurants for $4, making them 80 cents each with the code.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tudds
Not trying to burst your bubble but those are worth 15 bucks at the most

Restaurant.com has a new 80% off code CHEER available + additional $10 Restaurant.com gift certificate with each order. The $25 gift certificates are normally $10 or $15 (depending on restaurant), but are $2 or $3 with the code. They also sell $10 certificates for select restaurants for $4, making them 80 cents each with the code.
We referring to the same website? A google search turns up a couple of "restaurant.com"'s.
These cards are $100 to any restaurant of your choice.
You pick a restaurant and you use this card to purchase up to $100 worth of gift cards to that particular one. Idk what your 80% off code has to do with anything, probably not even related to the site I'm linking to.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have used some of the "gift cards" from there. many have a LOT of restrictions. make sure you read everything before you order the gift certs.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aggiez28
i have used some of the "gift cards" from there. many have a LOT of restrictions. make sure you read everything before you order the gift certs.
I noticed a couple "restrictions" on a restaurant or two that I looked at. Most were like you had to "spend $35 or more" to use your $25 gift card. Either way, $10 for dinner sure beats $35.
Shouldn't be too hard especially if you are going out with family, or friends.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
We referring to the same website? A google search turns up a couple of "restaurant.com"'s.
These cards are $100 to any restaurant of your choice.
You pick a restaurant and you use this card to purchase up to $100 worth of gift cards to that particular one. Idk what your 80% off code has to do with anything, probably not even related to the site I'm linking to.
Are you saying there are two websites with the same name... unfortunately that isn't possible.

They sell those coupons to entice people to try new restaurants. They are always on sale for pennies on the dollar.

This is straight from the website, no codes
http://www.restaurant.com/gift.asp?pgn=mega&
$25 value for only $15

$50 value for only $25

$100 value for only $40
Old 12-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Using code "CHEER" you get 2 $25 gift cards for $4.

Actually I just got 2 $25 cars and 1 $10 card for $4.80 and then they emailed me a code for another free $10 card.

I'll sell someone the same deal as above for $70 (and profit $62).
Old 12-27-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tudds
Are you saying there are two websites with the same name... unfortunately that isn't possible.

They sell those coupons to entice people to try new restaurants. They are always on sale for pennies on the dollar.

This is straight from the website, no codes
http://www.restaurant.com/gift.asp?pgn=mega&
$25 value for only $15

$50 value for only $25

$100 value for only $40
Thanks for your info but I'm not claiming that there are 2 websites with the same name, but in this case there is.
It's impossible for 2 websites to have the same URL address.
Website you're linking: http://www.restaurant.com/gift.asp?pgn=mega&
Website I'm linking: http://www.theidealmeal.com/
*edit* I realized the confusion. The link I was using never showed the "give a gift" page. Click on any of the tabs from your link and you get redirected to what I was linking you. I'm sorry for not fully understanding. Thanks for clearing that up.
To anyone else claiming these are worth pennies... you're wrong.
But, for the sake of keeping the peace, these are now OBO. Make a reasonable offer, and we'll go from there. Even if it's $40 as sold on the site.
Thanks.

Last edited by Super-Bat; 12-27-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Teching In

http://www.couponcabin.com/coupons/restaurant/
Enter code "CHEER" & you'll receive an additional 80% off your entire online order (as seen on Good Morning America; $25 certificates for $2)
This coupon expires December 31, 2009.
Gonna give my math a shot here. $2 for every $25 = $8 for $100? You want $80? Wait no, now to keep the peace you only want $40.

Guess I don't see how everyone else here is wrong. Especially since I just used the above offer and it worked. Feels a lot like your trying to really rip someone off.

Additionally the gift certificates you get have stipulations too. For instance, with a $25 card you may have to spend $35, and a $50 card you may have to spend $100 at the restaurant. Also, some can only be used Mon-Thur. These aren't just $100 gift cards your selling otherwise $80 would be a good deal.

Last edited by rvin; 12-28-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, I never knew about that "CHEER" code. I didn't purchase these, my aunt had them, and doesnt want to use them.
I guess I'm stuck with these then. Oh well, more free food for me.
Thanks for all the info.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Honestly, I never knew about that "CHEER" code. I didn't purchase these, my aunt had them, and doesnt want to use them.
I guess I'm stuck with these then. Oh well, more free food for me.
Thanks for all the info.
I was beginning to think you may have received these as a gift for Christmas and really weren't aware (which is why I edited my original post). I got some of these last year from someone and although it's the thought that counts, I wish they would have thought of something else (perhaps a real gift card).

Honestly though, restaurant.com is good site for saving money on meals. $35 meals for $10 (+$2 gift card).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Restaurant.com Gift Cards