Failure to follow these rules may result in your threads being locked, deleted, or moved. Depending on the severity of your actions, or frequency of your actions, your user account could be suspended or banned.
all of your for sale items into ONE
thread. Do not post a separate ad for each item, or we will just delete your threads.
2. PRICE IS REQUIRED.
We do not permit ads without an asking price for each item. "Best Offer" is not an allowable substitute for posting a price. You may ask for $1 but a price must be listed regardless.
3. EBAY LINKS AND OTHER LINKS.
We allow links to ebay ads, but you MUST have a buy-it-now price posted, or an asking price to stop the auction in your ad here (Not just in the link)
. If it is from another site or from here, do not use a link but post the full text instead with pictures if you have them listed.
4. CITY / STATE
are required info for each ad. Buyers and sellers reserve the rights to privately ask for full contact information on any purchase or sale.
5. WRONG FORUMS.
Do not post "Parts Wanted" threads in the for sale forum. We have a separate Parts Wanted forum. Vehicles also belong in the vehicles for sale forum.
6. TTT / BUMPING. Do not "TTT" to-the-top or "Bump" your threads to the top of the forum more than ONCE per day. If you do this more than permitted, we may just delete your thread. Be considerate to others, your ad is not any more special than theirs. This includes "Payment sent", "Received Payment" and general chatter. **see posts below for further details on this.
7. MEMBER FEEDBACK.
Do not post member feedback in the classifieds forums. We have a separate "Member Feedback" forum at the bottom of the sales area of the main forum index.
8. SELLER HARASSMENT.
If you are not interested in buying something from someone, do not negatively haggle them about the price, or post things that intend to hurt potential sales. Comments should be kept constructive.
There is no "dibs" calling on this site. Just because you replied first, that does not guarantee you a sale. The item could be listed on several sites, in different forums, in the newspaper, on ebay, etc... so don't call dibs and act like a crybaby if you do not get the sale. Seller reserves all rights to sell or decline a sale to whomever he wishes.
10. NO TWO PARTY SALES.
This means no more "I'm selling for a friend" posts and will be deleted immediately with no notice. Seller assumes all responsiblity of anything they post for sale.
11. NO FIREARM OR AMMO SALES.
The sale of firearms and/or ammunition is not permitted. Any posts listing firearms will be deleted immediately with no notice. The sale of shooting gear and accessories is still permitted.
12. FRAUD & RISK.
Buy and Sell at your own risk. LS1TECH and its staff are not responsible if someone rips you off or doesn't send parts out in a timely manner. This classifieds section is a free service for the community, and it is YOUR responsibility to handle all transactions in a low-risk method. DO NOT contact us if there is a dispute between you and someone else, we are NOT INVOLVED.
You can help minimize fraud risk by doing these suggestions:
- Pay using www.paypal.com , using a credit card. This way, if a part does not arrive, you can do a charge back through your credit card company.
- Always ask for full name, residential address, phone numbers of both buyers and sellers. An honest seller should have no problem disclosing this info to you privately.
- If possible, ask for photos of the for sale items. This may help prove they actually have the item to sell. Tell them to stick a piece of paper in the photo that says "LS1TECH" on it, maybe with a date. That prevents them from reusing old photos from someone else's sale.
- Shipping things C.O.D. is risky. Try to use UPS or Fedex, so that you can track shipments. Have someone sign for it if it is expensive.
- Ask for references from other members, hopefully from other members who have been registered for longer than one year and are active here.
- Use your gut feeling. If something seems too good to be true, or a seller/buyer seems a little shady, don't take the risk.