Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Looking to move to Seattle. Questions for locals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Factor
Get a place in Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland. Most apartments around here have covered parking with apartments and some have actual garages. Pretty much every apartment in the Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland area comes with a covered spot. All 3 cities are nice and parking is good.

You can take the bus from any of those cities across 520 and it'll drop you off right at Amazon's new offices. 520 is tolled so get a Good to Go pass for days you drive so it's cheaper. Seattle street parking blows but it's not terrible around Amazon's new offices. Seattle has a decent amount of parking garages but not sure how many near Amazon. I'm sure Amazon pays for an Orca card (prepaid bus fair).

I drive my f-body everyday except for the 2 days a year it MIGHT snow....
Wow, that's absolutely terrible to tell someone to live on the East side (Kirkland/Bellevue) that is going to work / commute to downtown Seattle. Every local knows this lol.

----

PS; OP, how old are you? Your age in Seattle will depict a better area to live in so you have more fun. I, for example, live just north of lake union that is still in Seattle where the roads are fine and have a garage for my Camaro. And it's 15 minutes from downtown
Old 07-15-2013, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you talking about? I have lived on the Eastside 42 years and commuted into Seattle for work during many of them. You couldn't pay me to live in the city. (But I also have friends who live in the city that you couldn't pay to live on the Eastside.)
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm one of those people -- you couldn't pay me to live on the East Side.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i lived in magnolia area for a couple years. one of the nicer areas and busses will take u downtown. my second choice would be ballard
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
Wow, that's absolutely terrible to tell someone to live on the East side (Kirkland/Bellevue) that is going to work / commute to downtown Seattle. Every local knows this lol.

----

PS; OP, how old are you? Your age in Seattle will depict a better area to live in so you have more fun. I, for example, live just north of lake union that is still in Seattle where the roads are fine and have a garage for my Camaro. And it's 15 minutes from downtown
I'd look at Wallingford and Maple Leaf if I were you. Easy bus route access and you'll be able to get a place to park your ride. I'm going to be moving to Maple Leaf myself here in a few weeks from Cedar Park.

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
I'm one of those people -- you couldn't pay me to live on the East Side.
Great minds...
Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Teching In

I ended up in Belltown. Other than not going out at night, I'm loving it. 15 minute walk to the downtown library, Macy's, the light rail, 5 minutes to the needle and the monorail, 15 to work, and I'm on 4th Ave, so among other things I got a front row view to the Torchlite parade last night. I'm also in a high rise so I can see the sound, the needle, and Lake Union. The homeless situation is a little rough, though.

I will miss my z06, cobalt, ws6 (it's still in the family, though, thankfully), etc, but I figure in a year or so I'll get enough of downtown and start commuting, get a scooby, maybe; there's a lot of those down here. Digging the summer weather, too (it beats Texas' 105-110* heat).

Quick Reply: Looking to move to Seattle. Questions for locals?