Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Who has removed their PS pulley?? I have a couple questions please...

Old 01-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who has removed their PS pulley?? I have a couple questions please...

I want to take off the power steering pulley to remove the ps pump to polish the bracket and head.

It looks like the ps pulley is pressed on. I bought the correct puller. Just hook it up and pull it off?? Is it a one piece unit with the pulley that will break?

Any tricks to this?

Thanks,

Todd
Old 01-10-2005, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

I do not know, but I'll volunteer to come help. And I have a spare pulley if we break it.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I do not know, but I'll volunteer to come help. And I have a spare pulley if we break it.
That is the way I am going to handling it, take a chance. Tomorrow 8:00am off with it. Thanks for the offer. I may even do it tonight.

I really do not want you to come over, then I will see your radiator and I will want one.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
I want to take off the power steering pulley to remove the ps pump to polish the bracket and head.

Todd
Polishing the Power steering pulley heh?? and you don't want anyone to come over, what else you got up your sleeve
Old 01-11-2005, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

It was a selfish offer Todd. I want to know how to remove it, and I don't want to break mine learning. Let me know how it goes, because as I said, I want to do it too. I can drop by tonight to help if needed. And it should be snowing by then, so I'll drive the truck.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Polishing the Power steering pulley heh?? and you don't want anyone to come over, what else you got up your sleeve
I am polishing the bracket if I get the pulley off, the pulley may be plastic and I would leave it black anyways. I remember talking to Mark during the summer about his and we could not figure it out on how the darn thing fits.

Mark, Steve you are welcome to stop by anytime.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

That will look good. I'm anxious to get together at a show.

I've been trying to steel an hour two at a time. I got the rear end & steering knuckles painted with the Eastwood stuff you told me about, turned out good. I also got the SLP DD looking pretty, I used my rotary buffer with a wool pad and Blue magic. It was pain doing it while on the car, laying on your back with heavy *** buffer but it was worth it, not in same league as your Borla or Marks Corsa but pretty good. I also got my FRC & Lid last night. The Lid suffered some damage during shipping that I will try and buff out. The FRC are going to look great they are black with the 5.7 stripes painted Sebring Silver to match the intake and I've got those cross flag emblems.

Question I'm going to do the calipers and brackets and I want to also paint the hats of shoulders of the rotors. How do you remove the rotors come off?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

It sucks your lid got smudged Steve. I can't wait to see your FRCs. Those make such a big difference in how the eng bay looks. And I'm taking mine off....
Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds great Steve. The rotors just slide off after you remove the two bolts holding the caliper brackets.

I'll tell you, I am at a crossroad with my car. I really want to do it perfect. In order to remove the pulley I need to remove the radiator, I just am not in the mode for it now. The bracket (this is driving me crazy) I hate to do it because when fluids start leaking all over is its a mess. I am thinking of painting it for now.

Not to mention...

All this needs to be repolished...
-The AC Compressor
-Water pump. Antifreeze got on it and pitted the finish.
-Thermastat (sp)
-Intake- I did not realize till Eric pointed it out that water leaks on it where the wipers are and the nooks need refinished from water laying there. This is a huge project getting it off and 7to seat correctly, it was a pita the first time.
-My fuel rails need painting
-All of the ATI stuff, supercharger, brackets, clamps, intercoolers.
-Polish the rotors.

I need to be into it but I am lazy right now. Plus I can not decide how far to dig in till I find out if I will be in the show. I do not want to go to far and not get done if I do something major with only a few weeks to polish ect.

So what am I about to do, mail out parts to be covered in CF so I can tell myself I did something, lol.

I have turned into a lazy bum for the moment.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

I hear you Todd. Taking off the first major part seems to be the barrier for me. It's like working out....first you gotta go to the gym. Like me with my cosmetic engine re-do. I can't get myself to take the fuel rails off. Because then I'll want to change the injectors. And then I'll need to re-tune. But I'm also changing the converter so that throws off everything. And.....it goes on & on.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I hear you Todd. Taking off the first major part seems to be the barrier for me. It's like working out....first you gotta go to the gym. Like me with my cosmetic engine re-do. I can't get myself to take the fuel rails off. Because then I'll want to change the injectors. And then I'll need to re-tune. But I'm also changing the converter so that throws off everything. And.....it goes on & on.
You said it perfect! That is the problem, one thing leads to another, and it is just like stated about working out. Yep, yep, yep,

Then one day it is like well this is no big deal, bang it gets done, lol.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

I know what you mean. I've got my fuel rail & rocker covers off now and I'm thinking of polishing my TB next. One thing always leads to another. Jay
Old 01-11-2005, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

One thing leads to another, I understand that one for sure.

Just do it :judge just a couple hours a day and you will be ready for that show. Besides We are all counting on you to keep raising the bar. You know you want to do that show.

If you get into a time crunch I be more than happy to help you out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has removed their PS pulley?? I have a couple questions please...