Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Sovern races July 1-3

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sovern races July 1-3

Sovern is the Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts They hold events through out the year with money going to Childrens Hospital in Seattle (they raise a lot of money for Childrens). The biggest of the year in the Seattle area is always around the 4th of july weekend. This year its July 1st-3rd with lunch laps running the 2nd & 3rd

Each year they offer up spaces for car clubs to show off their cars & get a chance to hit the road course at the tracks during lunch breaks of the races. Along with car show trophies

Last year was my first year to do this (well to get a chance to ride in the laps) & beleive me I had fun. You are allowed two 35mph (yea right!!!!!) laps (We did the corners at 85++ & some of us thought the start of the dragstrip was a time to start dragracing lol )

The Edelbrock team Always comes out to race as well, Including Vic & Camee when they are not racing they are walking around shaking hands & signing things either hats or pics or even taking pics of us thier fans.

If you guys want to do this as a club its aways a good promotion of the club as well. We always pick up new members at this event. Plus having the fun of hanging out with real road racers & trying our hands at racing our cars on the PR road course.

I dont know the cost of this years event yet but last year it was $40 for car & driver for the car corral (which is the only way you can do the lunch break laps was to be in the car corral) If you guys (members of TNWR) want to do this as a club let me know & I will give someone the email address of the man you need to get a hold of they will be getting together soon with the clubs to set things up.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an email about the races Yes they are $25 for the day & $40 for the weekend if anyone would like to go to this & have your club join, you would need to go to this meeting :
The car corral will again be a prominent part of the event. We will be holding a planning meeting at Children’s Hospital (4800 Sand Point Way NE) on February 28th at 7:00PM in room G1027. This is near the Giraffe (main) entrance to the hospital. Parking should be available in the first garage on the left as you enter the hospital grounds. If it isn’t, it will probably be most convenient if you drive around to the garage at the far end of the hospital and use the 5th floor Whale entrance. There’s an information counter just inside and they can direct you to the meeting room.

or Contact
Bill Hardrath
bhardrath@ferrariclub.com