Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

More good news

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More good news

Well it seems as though the valve seats in my heads aren't square. I put the exhaust valves in and about half of them I can see daylight through. So it looks like F & S will have to help me out.

It seems like it's just one setback after the next. Hopefully I'll have my damn car back by march. At this rate I think the weather will at least be nice by the time I get the car done.

Sorry for the rant, I just figured somebody on here would understand.

I am going to Hooters tonight though to ease the pain
Nate
Old 02-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

If I wasn't going to the sonics game I'd join ya at hooters.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I don't think the valve seats are supposed to be square, all the ones I've seen were round ?! j/k OK I'm sorry about that It's too bad about the seats, setbacks always hit at the wrong time. The first time I put my heads on my BBC in my '71 I got it all together and fired it up, BIG *** smile on my face, man that baby sounded good .... then I saw some green stuff coming out of the exhaust pipe. It turned out that when the machine shop cut the heads for the oversized exhaust seats they had cut into the water jacket in every single seat . Back off they came, back down to Vancouver I went where I bought them. He actually wanted to pull the seats, seal the holes with epoxy and have me try them again. I said "I'm thinking NO ! "I had to wait another month for him to come up with a set of "049" heads and redo them to my specs. Big *** setback, but worth it in the end.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, that BBC is almost as fast as an LS1 now! Oooooppppsss

Man, I feel your pain!!! I wish I had a dollar for each small mod that turned into something major. I am almost dreading the day I rework my heads. Probably find broken rings & scored cylinders & spun bearings. It's the ugly part of this game we play. The hardest part is making yourself take the time & spend the $$ to do the job right when you were anticipating driving your car the next day......
Old 02-10-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

yep i would go to hooters but my car is f^#cked up