Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Throttle body help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body help

Okay after 3 months I finally got my T.B. back from Jantzer. So I polish up some stainless steel bolts and get ready to bolt it up. I did not realize until I went to hook the coolant lines to the Throttle body that the inlet tubes are missing from the Throttle Body.

So what do I do
Attached Thumbnails Throttle body help-mvc-030s.jpg  
Old 03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Throttle body coolant bypass mod. I am looking for the part now for you... BTW that is a great idea cutting those off.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Here is the link... TB Bypass $16.95

So you got the polished one? Looks very nice. I can not wait to see your car Steve.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks ordered one and a strut tower brace will I was on their site.

Why is it I figure out I don't have everything I need until I get everything apart.

I gonna put the old T.B. on and try to make the get together Saturday evening, got a family deal but should be able to make it be 6:00, hope to see you there
Old 03-02-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know whats Cheaper Todd????
Going down to a hardware store or even an auto parts store & get a couple stoppers & rings cost ya like $5 if that. lol
Old 03-02-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL yeah buying the "mod" is alot more than making it I just take tubing I have laying around and use it for the bypass.

That is actually really trick what Scott did that is all just wasted space after the warming lines are disconnected. Sweet
Old 03-03-2005, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Don't forget, Steve is trying to build a SHOW CAR. He doesn't want a pile of cobbled up crap on the front of his motor because it's $15 cheaper. And I guess we should have done this mod to your car when we talked about it 4 months ago. My bad...sorry Steve!

PS I will try to remember to bring the laptop Sat to take a look at & clear your SES light.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 AM
12 Second Club

Chalk it up to another life experience.

Had I guy in my office tell me "your a smart guy". I corrected him, I am not a smart guy, but though life experience of screwing stuff up I have gained knowledge and sometimes I remember to apply that knowledge. This is clearly a case of wanting to see a nice shiney part installed and failing apply knowledge.
Attached Thumbnails Throttle body help-polished-bolt.jpg  
Old 03-03-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Want to sell mine back to me?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Don't forget, Steve is trying to build a SHOW CAR. He doesn't want a pile of cobbled up crap on the front of his motor because it's $15 cheaper. And I guess we should have done this mod to your car when we talked about it 4 months ago. My bad...sorry Steve!

PS I will try to remember to bring the laptop Sat to take a look at & clear your SES light.

Dude normally I agree with you pretty much a 100%, but I've never seen a "show car" friendly by pass "mod" that you couldn't do just as nice if not nicer from your own materials. It is literally a connector and a couple of clamps.

I think if looks were really important I'd try and replace the two hose with one hose so there are no breaks in the line, and no clamps showing.

Please don't use your kung fu on me
Old 03-03-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Chalk it up to another life experience.

Had I guy in my office tell me "your a smart guy". I corrected him, I am not a smart guy, but though life experience of screwing stuff up I have gained knowledge and sometimes I remember to apply that knowledge. This is clearly a case of wanting to see a nice shiney part installed and failing apply knowledge.

Man that looks nice
Old 03-03-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok heres my bypass I know its not a clear pic.
Attached Thumbnails Throttle body help-bypass.jpg  
Old 03-03-2005, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I think if looks were really important I'd try and replace the two hose with one hose so there are no breaks in the line, and no clamps showing.

One of the many things I like about this board, that's a very good idea. Is that because your smart or knowledgable?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Steve the bolts look awesome! You almost could make one yourself, it is hidden under the MAF. I bought mine and hit it with the wheel to spruce it up.

Your right, nothing is complete always something.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
One of the many things I like about this board, that's a very good idea. Is that because your smart or knowledgable?

Niether Like Todd said its under the MAF so I don't worry about it. But I"m pretty sure the hoses are the same size and all your doing with the bypass is connecting them, so if there they same size no problem. If they are not you could do the adapter\connector further down the line. So no one can see it.

If you use regular clamps you can still see them if you knew where to look obviously they don't care at shows if you look at Todd trophy case
Old 03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Guys I shouldn't be posting about engine appearance, if I opened my hood for you, you'd start whistling "Taps"
Old 03-03-2005, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Okay I still need help, not smart or knowledgable.

I looked at the picture of the kit and Bobby's right I could just run one coolant line rather than splicing the existing ones together.

The kit gives you caps for the male ends or the tubes at the bottom of the T.B. where the coolant lines attached to the Throttle Body. If you look at my T.B. in the first picture the male ends have been removed. Don't I need to cap them off???
Old 03-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think you need to cap them. That being said, I capped mine to keep the **** out of there just in case I want to run the coolant through the TB in the winter. Which I didn't do. If you can find something that looks good to cap 'em off go for it. It won't affect how the car runs if that's what your worried about.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Well I've got nothing to cap off, but I sure I can find something to plug them with. My concern was do I need to plug or cap them off.

BTW I've still got your MAF ends, I'll bring them back to you if you need them, if not I'll store them in my car, sure we will hook up at an outing soon.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Actually those are Todds MAF ends and I have yet to pay him for them. We'll hook up sooner or later and I'll get em back.

Todd, I haven't forgot. Next time I see ya I'll pay ya.

Quick Reply: Throttle body help