Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bye bye PIR

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, technically you cant get any more north and west than seattle . There are actually ALOT of people that come from the surrounding states and canada to alot of the events.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GEARHED
and you will race up and down his street if they close PIR.!
Isn't inslee a washington rep? I thought they were referring to Portland International Raceway (PIR) not Pacific Raceways (PR)?!

I'm confused
Old 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99_black_SS_m6_T's
One question about the PNWCC. Why do you call it that name when all the club events are in the greater Seattle area? Shouldn’t it be the Seattle Metro CC. Just irked me when I saw the club, got excited and then realized all the club events are in the Seattle area. Its not really a Northwest Club as much as its a Seattle Metro. Maybe I'm wrong but when I looked at your calendar all the events are in a 40 mile or less radius of Seattle. 49th annual hot rod show and swap meet is not a PNWCC sponsored event. This isnt the only club mis-named in Seattle as well. It seems that every club in Seattle calls themselves a NW club but limits its activities to Seattle. All I'm saying is the name should reflect the true region of activity of the club. Not try and make it sound bigger than it is by encompassing states that it does not really include. Ya this is a trivial gripe but none the less an accurate one. Their SCCA site does the same thing. Its bunk if you ask me.
49th annual hot rod show and swap meet is not a PNWCC sponsored event No but it is an event we go to a large number of our local members cruise down for that event & check out. We have lots of events that are NOT sponsored by us but our members are interested in. Hot August Nights is one of them. Last year we did a cruise to MT to visit a couple members that live there. This year we are doing a few criuses to Eastern Washington (some have not made it on the Events list as of yet). We also have shows in McKenna, Olympia, Grand Mound, Skykomish & doing get aways & cruises all over the place.

I looked at your calendar all the events are in a 40 mile or less radius of Seattle Not really, You see alot of Seattle events because thats were most of our members live. As membership has grown we have added areas that serve our members & events near their homes.

Right now many of our officers right now live outside of 40miles from seattle. Our President & myself Live in Yelm. We have a membership of over 300 Members (membership is a family) a few of our members dont even live on this side of the country, Heck some of our members are not even in the US.

Bottom line we do & support what our members want. As the membership expands in locations so will the events.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

krazzycowgirl wrote:
PR has a clause in its contract that states that if it closes down for one season then IT CAN NOT be reopen.& the property must be sold for Housing. Thats why alot of us were sweating the fact of a new management coming in back in 2001 & Now we cant thank them enough. I also guess that Jason F has been at the track alot here lately & Russel *cough* ******* *cough* has been getting alot of help managing the track this year.

Rookiels1 wrote:
Isn't inslee a washington rep? I thought they were referring to Portland International Raceway (PIR) not Pacific Raceways (PR)?!

I'm confused
My response about drafting a letter to email our state rep is based on what is going on in Portland - essentially taking a proactive step so we don't end up with the same issues. Rename the damn track SIR and the confusion will end in a NY minute.

99_black_SS_m6_T's,
I'll work on that tonight. Its kinda sad so many are not thinking in a proactive manner, they seem to wait until its on top of them before doing anything about it which is always too late. I'll pm it to you.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My response about drafting a letter to email our state rep is based on what is going on in Portland - essentially taking a proactive step so we don't end up with the same issues. Rename the damn track SIR and the confusion will end in a NY minute.

99_black_SS_m6_T's,
I'll work on that tonight. Its kinda sad so many are not thinking in a proactive manner, they seem to wait until its on top of them before doing anything about it which is always too late. I'll pm it to you.
I thought you were talking about PIR as well. Hehehe, I'm in the Portand area
Old 03-22-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought you were talking about PIR as well. Hehehe, I'm in the Portand area
Ya know, when I first posted "SIR" a mob formed and started chanting "PIR!" (Pacific International Raceway). Now the mob is chanting "PR!" so I'm sticking with SIR from now on.

Regardless, the last thing I want to have to hear is SIR is facing the same demise as Portland International Raceway. Taking the scenario that is happening in Portland is a good template to apply to SIR before every track goes **** up.

I'll still find the state rep for Oregon and draft something up - its up to you all to do something with it.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Banned

Ya know, when I first posted "SIR" a mob formed and started chanting "PIR!" (Pacific International Raceway). Now the mob is chanting "PR!" so I'm sticking with SIR from now on.

Regardless, the last thing I want to have to hear is SIR is facing the same demise as Portland International Raceway. Taking the scenario that is happening in Portland is a good template to apply to SIR before every track goes **** up.

I'll still find the state rep for Oregon and draft something up - its up to you all to do something with it.
Cool, thx. I'll use it.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GEARHED, clean out your PM box, its full.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
49th annual hot rod show and swap meet is not a PNWCC sponsored event No but it is an event we go to a large number of our local members cruise down for that event & check out. We have lots of events that are NOT sponsored by us but our members are interested in. Hot August Nights is one of them. Last year we did a cruise to MT to visit a couple members that live there. This year we are doing a few criuses to Eastern Washington (some have not made it on the Events list as of yet). We also have shows in McKenna, Olympia, Grand Mound, Skykomish & doing get aways & cruises all over the place.

I looked at your calendar all the events are in a 40 mile or less radius of Seattle Not really, You see alot of Seattle events because thats were most of our members live. As membership has grown we have added areas that serve our members & events near their homes.

Right now many of our officers right now live outside of 40miles from seattle. Our President & myself Live in Yelm. We have a membership of over 300 Members (membership is a family) a few of our members dont even live on this side of the country, Heck some of our members are not even in the US.

Bottom line we do & support what our members want. As the membership expands in locations so will the events.
"I looked at your calendar all the events are in a 40 mile or less radius of Seattle Not really, You see alot of Seattle events because thats were most of our members live. As membership has grown we have added areas that serve our members & events near their homes."

Right. thats all I was saying.
I expected something different when I looked at the name and found it online. Carrying the name PNW (Pacific NorthWest) I expected something more regional, (encompassing at least Oregon and Washington) same thing with the SCCA. I understand membership is open to anyone anywhere, but I'm not driving to Seattle or a surrounding area once a week. I was looking for activities in my area, not Seattle. I found the name to be misleading so I commented about it.

"We also have shows in McKenna, Olympia, Grand Mound, Skykomish & doing get aways & cruises all over the place."
You really think that excites me in Oregon? Again those places are all central to Seattle. Why not add Marysville and Bellingham to the list?
Not trying to be a dick, just didnt think the name matched the group. The group cruises to the National events are nice, but arent really the subject here.
Like I said when I was looking for a group close to me I was misled by the name of PNW and it irritated me. Thats all. Just curious how many people from Oregon are in your group?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

We have several members in the portland area & thought Oregon that come to several of our events, We do not require our members to come to events or even meetings.

If you are looking for a club in that area,Columbian River Camaro club is down that way. This is one of our local sister clubs.

Please if you have a problem or questions pm me or Email our president Dan at Fastzhawk@hpiv.net
Old 03-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

thx for the link.
Being part of a group means that you "want" to participate in the group events. Understanding that you can understand my concerns. Its got nothing to do with anyone running the club or in it, just the location. And its too bad as well, you sounded like your kind of fun in one of your other posts... "just look for the fat confused looking girl" lmao! It's kind of how I would show up, just a guy instead but definatley cornfused.. lol... and at 275 not that svelt either!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

thx for the link.
Being part of a group means that you "want" to participate in the group events. Understanding that you can understand my concerns. Its got nothing to do with anyone running the club or in it, just the location. And its too bad as well, you sounded like your kind of fun in one of your other posts... "just look for the fat confused looking girl" lmao! It's kind of how I would show up, just a guy instead but definatley cornfused.. lol... and at 275 not that svelt either!
You are welcome for the link, I know they were having problems getting members & I do beleive the started a new era in the clubs history there. you are also welcomed to any of our events if you want to make the trip, Grand Mounts is only 88 miles up 1-5 (exit 88) & you can get to McKenna using that exit as well. Its just another 30 or so miles.

LOL Ellis, Todd & a couple others know me, When I am around the track or shows I am very Hyper. Thats why they give me jobs of running around making sure everything is in place or running around helping people. Bill Salia did that when he was race Director for CCC & RC did it last year. I am 5'3" & is bout 230lbs & I run from one end of the track (or show area) to the other end all day long.