Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

What a great F-1 race!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a great F-1 race!!

Have you watched it? Man, it's no wonder Schumacher is a 7 time world champion that makes 32 million dollars a year....

What a great race! He started in 14th and finished in 2nd with some truly amazing passes.

But it's being hard to pass that Renault V-10... Next race will be in Spain.

19,000 rpms on V-10 and V-12 engines -- no more comments needed
Old 04-24-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I caught the last half hour or so... it was a great race. Shumacher tried his damnest to get past Alonso. I thought for sure he was actually going to get an inside pass but give the younger guy credit, he held him off nicely the last couple laps.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I could have sworn I saw on TV that Schumacher makes more than that when you add up all his sponsorships... cha ching$$$$
Old 04-24-2005, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

That was a great race!!!! I was hoping he was going to take the lead at the end.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

That was a fantastic race. Schumacher is the highest paid sports star in the world. That 32 mil per year salary from Ferrari is just the tip of the iceburg. He makes almost double that on endorsements.

Toyota's budget is what shocked me. 400 million dollars! With 190m being earmarked for engine development. Toyota wants to win and bad.

Some team, I forget which one, is going to move to a V8 next year.

Also the new tire and engine rules are kinda stupid. One engine and one set of tires has to be used for 2 races in a row. If not, they get penalized up the gazoob. The amount of money spent on engine and tire development is more than offsetting the money they are worried about spending. The main concern was it's astronomical to field a competitive F1 team. Now think about the amount of money it takes to make an engine like those last for two entire races, and the tires too.

Another cool thing is that the tires are ~80% of the F1's suspension! Those close up slo-mo's of them going through the chicayne and bouncing over the curbs showed that fact quite obviouisly. Amazing.

Quick Reply: What a great F-1 race!!