Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dear members We need your help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear members We need your help

It has come to pass that our doggies are no longer welcome in the city of moxee.If you can take one or both. The female is pregnant(assumed)
they keep getting out of the yard.The female is still a puppy and acts like one

she is wolf/malamute(jezabel) hybrid and he(mischief) is wolf/malamute/husky.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
It has come to pass that our doggies are no longer welcome in the city of moxee.If you can take one or both. The female is pregnant(assumed)

Oh, now that sucks...I'm sure someone will want them...post this on Craigslist..a lot of people will see it there...
Old 07-09-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Could you drop me a PM with some details (age, how long they have been together, indoor etc). We know plenty of dawg lovers and will see whats up.

Sorry to hear it though - I would move if we couldn't have Ubu
Old 07-09-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll keep it in mind. We've got 3 cats and 2 dogs already so I couldn't take them. I'm sure somebody will though
Old 07-09-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

I just had a thought...do you have any pictures you can send me too? There might be some folks showing up tomorrow that are not only dawg lovers but may have room to take over guardianship.

It really is sad but we can make it a happy situation with visits too
Old 07-09-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will send pm later....er naughty will.We will be having a meeting with the cheif of police on monday maybe we can save their bacon. electric fence may be a a option they dig out they get shocked.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I forgot to mention earlier that if Jezebel isn't pregnant, I would highly, HIGHLY suggest you seperate the 2 of them until she is at least 1 1/2 years old..Especially when she is in heat...She is way, way to young and skittish to be having puppies right now...and you NEVER want to breed them on their first heat anyway.

I do hope that you can keep them, but it does sound like with the neighbors you have it might be better if they were out in the country somewhere where there aren't so many neighbors so close. As much as they complain about your dogs that would be better for them. And with Jezebel being that skittish she needs someone that can work with her and bring her out of that shell..

<steph posting from the garage>
Old 07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, well let me tell you her getting knocked up was NOT in our plan! Unfortunately, she came into heat about a month earlier than we expected, and with all the money we had spent on her surgery and trying to keep them contained in the yard (she has been a real bitch, going as far last night as to chew thru chicken wire, dig up a cinder block and break a fence board to get out) that we were not able to re-fence the kennel to keep them separated as planned ... and mom planted a garden in Mischief's old kennel there, so we couldnt send one of them over there, either (they would laugh at her 4 foot fence ).

Originally we planned on waiting until she was 2 to have pups Even more so for all the reasons you just stated - she is too young, too skittish (tho getting friendlier all the time) and we just plain were not ready to deal with pups.

Honestly, there is a strong likelyhood that we wont let Jez go to anyone - that is, we will probably send her to a hybrid rescue - because she has very strong wolf tendencies, and only someone who is familiar with wolfish hybrids and willing to stick with it would be able to take her on. She would probably be happiest in a rescue shelter where she would be integrated into a pack.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the details on the male? I've grown up with Wolf Hybrids in Alaska, what is his temperment? food aggression? Dog aggresssion? I've been thinking of gettting another dog for Brutus But with Wolf hybrids you either have the best dog you ever owned or one that wants to constantly test you (while oddly enough still being the best dog you've ever owned....).

Any training? Housebroken? Crate trained?

What is the time frame? When they get out is it when left in the yard for long periods of time unsupervised? Or does he go to digging if you turn your back for 10 minutes??

Hope you can keep them, if they are not instant escape artests have you tried kennel training them? I know it seems inhumane but remember they are den animals and usually don't mind a crate. Unless you have a spoiled boxer and then you have to get him drugs I had an escape artest but he only did it when I wasn't home, that damn dog got out of anything drove me crazy. But if I was home he would stay put. I started kenneling him and never had a problem. Just a thought I'd hate to have to give up my dog, I think I'd have to move first....
Old 07-10-2005, 03:01 AM
On The Tree

I will PM you more about him. The time frame is unfortunately 7 days or they take them and destroy them We have a chance to appeal to the Chief of police on Monday .... anyway, expect a PM within 20 mins.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear that. I would love to take them, but already have 3 dogs and trying to get rid of one of them.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Launching!

i would be interested as i have always wanted a dog of that type but i live in an appartment and that just wouldnt to justice to a dog like that which needs space to run. best of luck finding a good home!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

yeah I'd be interested too however my parents said no more dogs. I love wolves and hybrids.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We got another 30 days for our poochies,But they have to go mainly because our neighbors are douchebags they claim the doggs agrressivly attacked them...BS they have Just hate dogs or families for that matter.FRANCES FARMER WILL GET HER REVENGE.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I couldn't see either one of your dogs being aggressive unless Jezebel was trapped or something and got scared. Otherwise I don't think they would ever hurt anything..

It sounds like you have lovely neighbors and that they shouldn't have moved into a housing development...
Old 07-13-2005, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, my dogs dad was Malmute and Timber Wolf, and her mother is Artic Wolf.

Quick Reply: Dear members We need your help