Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

NW F-body takes win at Kirkland

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NW F-body takes win at Kirkland

Congrats to Doug for winning over Puppet Pete at the Legends Show in Kirkland. Thats two weeks in a row we have sent him home without hardware.

The Legends club runs a nice show and the best cars took home hardware.
The 63 Split window Vette took home several trophies and The 62 Nova roadster won the overall. Those two cars were exceptional.

Doug, Howard and I are going to need to make a trip to the chiropractor tomorrow. Hot day, downtown Kirkland, it was a tuff day indeed.

Santa, Linda & Nick glad you made it out.
Dog Tag we were disappointed we didn't get to see your car, maybe next time.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Doug! Way to go to win over Puppet Show...

So Doug, did you use the Car Polish I gave ya? If so I wanna see what it looks like...
Old 07-24-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations Doug! That's awesome that you won in Kirkland of all places..as I call it "yuppie-ville"

So you all need a Chiropractor after watching all the headlights and taillights throughout the day huh that's Hilarious!

And Puppet Show Pete doesn't deserve anything...he needs to take his toys home...Did he still lay everything out like that at todays show too? I'm thinking it should be banned at the shows...too much display gets ugly...
Old 07-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Here are the photo's Doug took today
webshots page

Last edited by Mrs99LSS1; 07-24-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Hey... Here's a page with 100 pictures of the show today in Kirkland.

Doug and Howard, your cars are kinda in the middle of the page.

Click on any picture and a pop-up window will appear with the 800x600 version and with navigation buttons.

Be patient, sometimes comcast is very slow. Allow time for the page with 100 thumbnails to load.

Kirkland Carshow
Old 07-24-2005, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Sweet, good job man. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Santa, Linda & Nick glad you made it out.
You're welcome! It was nice seeing you guys there and daaaium Doug's and Howard's cars are looking sharp! I was back there after I bought some more batteries but you must have all gone for a walk or food or something.

Very nice show, perfect weather and *lots* of people.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

There were cars at that show? REALLY?! I remember a white skirt & blue top..

CONGRATS DOUG! You are on a roll buddy...keep it up. I want to see an 11 Friday!

All your cars look killer today. Except for the lack of mirrors on someone's part.....good to see all of you. I got Linda's car polished & waxed & man does that metal flake paint sparkle now. Amazing stuff that Menzerna + Meguiars Yellow Wax.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

It is rather funny the way these wins work. Doug won Stanwood, Steve won the next show, Doug won today, that means Steve will win again next week at Monroe.

It was great having Doug and Steve over this morning for coffee. I enjoyed spending the day with you guys. The couple of shows I get to do a year are the closest thing I get to a vacation so when I get to spend it with good friends that is just so much more fun for me. I had such a good time today that I really can't even explain it. It was great seeing Nick, Mark and Linda come out to the show too.

The crowds were relatively well maintained (with the exception of a dog or two). The vendors were all helpful. And the Legends people were really professional and understanding.

I had a really fun time and hope all the others who participated did too. I should have some more pictures posted by the end of the night too ... mostly of those Lamborghinis.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Congrats Doug! Way to go.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good win Doug!!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Last edited by howierd42; 07-25-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Old 07-25-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Old 07-25-2005, 02:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Way to go Doug! You are having a great year overall

Howeird: that is the *cleanest* I have ever seen your car. Did you wash it or sumpin?
Old 07-25-2005, 03:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Congratulations to all of you. It takes a lot of work to get cars to look the ways yours did. The cars all looked great. Doug, got a big shelf in the house for all these trophies you are winning?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by howierd42
It is rather funny the way these wins work. Doug won Stanwood, Steve won the next show, Doug won today, that means Steve will win again next week at Monroe.
I think it should be my turn to win this week Howard. I haven't won since Stanwood.

And where are some pics of that Nova? That car was incredible!
Originally Posted by VIKING
Congratulations to all of you. It takes a lot of work to get cars to look the ways yours did. The cars all looked great. Doug, got a big shelf in the house for all these trophies you are winning?
He will at least have to start using my helmet. Yours is too small now.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

My car actually got dirtier as it sat there. I don't know where it all came from because there was nothing around us to make it all dusty like it was getting.

And no I did not take any pictures of that Nova. I thought Doug took a bunch so I didn't bother. But I guess we were all just so amazed by it that none of us snapped one. We talked to the owner for a while and he was rather informative.

I know there are hella Microsoft Millionaires who live here but it always surprises me to find out just how much money lives in this area. I am just some poor working schmuck trying to make my $20k car look presentable, and these elaborate multi-million dollar rides come in owned by people who only live here 10 weeks per year. It kind of makes you feel insignificant. For example, did anyone notice the sweet Camaro parked next to the Nova? Remember what color it was?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah it is amazing some of the cars in this area and with each show the new ones that come out both custom and stock, that Hemi Roadrunner convertible was a pretty nice car. The E-bay Fast Forward Mustang was there someone from this area bought it and has Dreamers Rods & Pickups in Everett doing some tweaks to it.

Doug did post some photos of that Chevy II and it was actually a Green Chevelle parked next to the Chevy II pretty nice one as well.

Glad you had a good time Howard, lots of interest in our cars, talked with several F-body owners looking to modify their own cars and of course old school guys that didn't realize the power of our cars. Yeah why do you think all the highdollar street rod guys are using LS-1 & LT-1 power plants could it be lots of power, fuel effiecient all in a driveable package.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

And then there was that pristine Hemi Cuda convertible. What do you s'pose that car is worth?

Quick Reply: NW F-body takes win at Kirkland