Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Close call.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokko
And the chase would have been on my friend.

There really wasn't any room for him to hop it, unless he hit lit em up first and it sideways, there were cars lining the other side of the street and he would have had to hit reverse unless he was going to use joe public's car as a bumper device.

Right next to ya huh? a real rocket surgeon he was.
Aaahhh that woulda been fun........I miss those days.

One of the best chases I had was when a prisoner of the CHP slipped his cuffs and took off in a brand new 1996 Caprice 9C1 (Caprice equivilant of the B4C Camaro with the LT1) and the chase was on..........sucks for him though, not realizing the power of the car he had swiped he laid it to rest in the center of an oak tree at about 50 MPH trying to brake for a curve......needless to say, he missed the turn.

And yeah, dude in the Formie was a complete moron......after the obligatory "What is wrong Officer?" comment, he then asked where I was to see all this.........I thought he was gonna cry when I told him, "about 2 feet from your passenger door, in the lane next to you at the light".........kept calling himself the "stupidest mother ****** in the world" the entire night.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Aaahhh that woulda been fun........I miss those days.

One of the best chases I had was when a prisoner of the CHP slipped his cuffs and took off in a brand new 1996 Caprice 9C1 (Caprice equivilant of the B4C Camaro with the LT1) and the chase was on..........sucks for him though, not realizing the power of the car he had swiped he laid it to rest in the center of an oak tree at about 50 MPH trying to brake for a curve......needless to say, he missed the turn.

And yeah, dude in the Formie was a complete moron......after the obligatory "What is wrong Officer?" comment, he then asked where I was to see all this.........I thought he was gonna cry when I told him, "about 2 feet from your passenger door, in the lane next to you at the light".........kept calling himself the "stupidest mother ****** in the world" the entire night.
OMG! Both of those are friggin hilarious.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
OMG! Both of those are friggin hilarious.
I got stories for miles dude. 10 years of working with the less then brilliant portion of society that we get to gives some wonderful party stories............and the best part is that only one involves farm animals (donkeys).
Old 08-12-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always wanted to have a few cops chasing me around the countryside for a while just to see how well I did I think that it'd be a major rush to do something like that They would just have to promise not to shoot me or take me to jail should they happen to catch me is all that I ask before we start .......... lol !
Old 08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

I used to run all the time until it became a felony. Now...well I do have a lot to lose these days! But here is my best run....

I was at a bar with a friend dancing with this Hells Angel hottie. Got plenty buzzed. So we leave at 2am, driving home minding my own business when this car starts riding my ***. I mean like 2 ft away. Mind you I'm in my 61 Imp bubble top with the built 396, Edlebrock hi-rise, 750 Holley, 4.11s, Muncie close ratio rock crusher, headers, the whole 9 yards. Anyway, I speed up, he follows. I tap the brakes. He flips on his hi beams. You get the picture. This goes on for about 6 blks. Finally I lost it.

I slam on the brakes, slide sideways to a stop, he is bouncing off the curb trying not to hit me. By the time he stops I'm standing at his door asking him to PLEASE step out....so I can re-arange him. I can't figure out why he's just sitting there with this sheepish look. as I reach for his door handle someone taps me on the shoulder. Yep, johnny was parked right there in the corner parking lot watching the whole thing.

Yes sir officer, what seems to be the problem?

Can you pull your car into the parking lot & bring me your license & registration?

Why sure officer.

So, as he is walking over to his car, I get in, fire it up and tell my friend to buckle up. As soon as I hear the click I let the clutch out & mash the gas. I smolder the tires thru 1st & second, finally get traction & straighten it out in 3rd. By the time the cop reached his car I was a block away. By the time I saw his red lights behind me I was doing over 100mph. By now we are 6 blocks away from the bridge into Omaha (oh yeah, this all happened in Council Bluffs IA). So I shift into 4th and hammer it. I flew across the bridge in 4th gear cranking 7500rpm, weaving thru cars & scaring the **** out of my passenger. Literally!

We later figured out I was doing at least 140mph (gear ratios, tire size, rpm). Needless to say I did not get caught & did NOT go back to the Bluffs for quite some time.

The topper was a friend told us the next day he was listening to his scanner & heard the CB cops calling OPD for help. They were in pursuit of a white Chevelle w/Nebr plates headed into Omaha. That car was SO fast it changed shapes!!!

WARNING: This was performed by professional drivers & should NOT be tried at home.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great story Mark.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I used to run all the time until it became a felony. Now...well I do have a lot to lose these days! But here is my best run....

I was at a bar with a friend dancing with this Hells Angel hottie. Got plenty buzzed. So we leave at 2am, driving home minding my own business when this car starts riding my ***. I mean like 2 ft away. Mind you I'm in my 61 Imp bubble top with the built 396, Edlebrock hi-rise, 750 Holley, 4.11s, Muncie close ratio rock crusher, headers, the whole 9 yards. Anyway, I speed up, he follows. I tap the brakes. He flips on his hi beams. You get the picture. This goes on for about 6 blks. Finally I lost it.

I slam on the brakes, slide sideways to a stop, he is bouncing off the curb trying not to hit me. By the time he stops I'm standing at his door asking him to PLEASE step out....so I can re-arange him. I can't figure out why he's just sitting there with this sheepish look. as I reach for his door handle someone taps me on the shoulder. Yep, johnny was parked right there in the corner parking lot watching the whole thing.

Yes sir officer, what seems to be the problem?

Can you pull your car into the parking lot & bring me your license & registration?

Why sure officer.

So, as he is walking over to his car, I get in, fire it up and tell my friend to buckle up. As soon as I hear the click I let the clutch out & mash the gas. I smolder the tires thru 1st & second, finally get traction & straighten it out in 3rd. By the time the cop reached his car I was a block away. By the time I saw his red lights behind me I was doing over 100mph. By now we are 6 blocks away from the bridge into Omaha (oh yeah, this all happened in Council Bluffs IA). So I shift into 4th and hammer it. I flew across the bridge in 4th gear cranking 7500rpm, weaving thru cars & scaring the **** out of my passenger. Literally!

We later figured out I was doing at least 140mph (gear ratios, tire size, rpm). Needless to say I did not get caught & did NOT go back to the Bluffs for quite some time.

The topper was a friend told us the next day he was listening to his scanner & heard the CB cops calling OPD for help. They were in pursuit of a white Chevelle w/Nebr plates headed into Omaha. That car was SO fast it changed shapes!!!

WARNING: This was performed by professional drivers & should NOT be tried at home.
I just can't picture our dear Santa doing such a thing!

I love to hear these Stories...though I don't condone them, they sure are funny..
Old 08-12-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome Mark! And to think my best and only time of running from the cops was after street race in my '95 Talon TSi AWD. Around 1am on a Saturday, flying through 25-35 mph zones doing 60+ around 90 degree turns trying to lose him. And I did... After the first corner of him having to slow way down to not get sideways, and I was already around the next turn.

Gotta love AWD turbo cars.

Quick Reply: Close call.........