LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Northwest Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members-66/)
-   -   Roll Bar (https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/395273-roll-bar.html)

NWDragRacer 10-17-2005 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Racehead
That looks GREAT Mark. I can't wait to see it in person, maybe Don would be willing to make a few small modifications to my bar ;)

When do you want to start? :judge:

LSxChevelle 10-17-2005 05:55 PM

When I get a C6 I will be talking with you!!

WAHUSKER 10-20-2005 08:51 PM

The bar is painted (finally). I put a coat of etching primer, followed by a coat of sandable filling primer (I wet sanded the door bars), then 3 coats of gloss black enamel, topped off with a heavy coat of clear. Looks pretty good! I'll post some finished pics tomorrow when I take it back over to Dons (provided Friday night is open Mr Berry?).

NWDragRacer 10-20-2005 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
The bar is painted (finally). I put a coat of etching primer, followed by a coat of sandable filling primer (I wet sanded the door bars), then 3 coats of gloss black enamel, topped off with a heavy coat of clear. Looks pretty good! I'll post some finished pics tomorrow when I take it back over to Dons (provided Friday night is open Mr Berry?).

Mike is already here! :chug:

WAHUSKER 10-21-2005 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Mike is already here! :chug:

Oustanding.....I'll be over.

sardog46 10-21-2005 11:13 AM

Good thing you got that swing out or you could kiss that nice paintjob goodby.

On my new cage it is just going to be primer................Well maybee not but it's nice to have goal, just wish the guy building it gets it done before next year. BUt what else could you expect from a good old boy thats 57, retired and doing a full custom cage from scratch on his own time. Oh and did i mention chromoly.

WAHUSKER 10-21-2005 02:11 PM

Hey, yours is easy, you don't have an interior to wrap around! :eyes:

And after climbing in & out of yours & others, I decided a fat old man like me with a bad back needed ALL the help he could get. Don spent a lot of time making this right. :hail:

muraoka 10-21-2005 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Robert56
You guys are doing some nice work. I also want a removable/foldout side bar, to make it easier (aging quickly). I may just get a weld together bar kit from Wolfe and have Don do it up for me. Nice pics in your web, Mark. Can we get away with just through bolting vette bars, as they have a kit for that, and one that has plates welded to frame? I think it says both are NHRA legal? Anyone know this for sure?
Robert

f-body cars are unibody. 6x6 plates can be welded directly to the floor pan. bolt-ins do need plates top and bottom.vettes are different. if welding they require extenders holes need to be cut and the bar is welded directly to the frame(or extenders). bolt-ins still need to be bolted to the frame not just the pan.
matt

TwoFast4Lv 10-21-2005 11:31 PM

You know the worst part? no matter how swing out they are they MUST be BOLTED in at the track ;)

WAHUSKER 10-22-2005 01:21 PM

So that's what you meant by "remember to take your bolts & washers...."

WAHUSKER 10-23-2005 02:02 PM

The roll bar is in. We got it welded in Friday night, but went over to Ellis's to 'help him' & I had to go back yesterday to finish the install. I posted 9 new pics of it on my webpage. The finished product looks great! Everything fits, including my custom floor mats. Thanks Don.....

Steve Goodwin 10-24-2005 09:48 AM

That looks really nice guys.

sardog46 10-24-2005 10:20 AM

Turned out real nice mark. No swing out on the passenger side? Whats the wife going to do? Should have been a little more considerate to her needs.

When am I going to see the duel kirkey seats?

WAHUSKER 10-24-2005 09:05 PM

Swing out on the pass side? Oh HELL YES! You think I'm nuts or sumpin? :eek2:

Ok, scratch that question....I know the answer. :)

I do want to find a place that can powder coat the door bars. They are already scratched. :eyes:

TwoFast4Lv 10-24-2005 09:11 PM

Looked good Mark!

I think I am going to have my door bars chromed this winter ;)

Any one know a place?

Robert56 10-24-2005 09:26 PM

Lookin good, gotta get me one.
Robert

sardog46 10-24-2005 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Looked good Mark!
I think I am going to have my door bars chromed this winter ;)

Any one know a place?

:wrist: You know what they say about chrome elis. :devil:

TwoFast4Lv 10-25-2005 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by sardog46
:wrist: You know what they say about chrome elis. :devil:

YUP! it don't freaking rust or scratch ;) :drive: :devil: :judge:

sardog46 10-25-2005 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
YUP! it don't freaking rust or scratch ;) :drive: :devil: :judge:

NOT what I was thinking but I guess that will work too. :eyes:

Rottluver 10-25-2005 02:56 AM

I do want to find a place that can powder coat the door bars. They are already scratched. :eyes:

Mark, there is a place on Mukilteo Speedway that does powdercoating.......here is the link:

Powder Coating Inc.