Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Good pics of the BPM '98 WS6 (56K=DEATH)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:20 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Good pics of the BPM '98 WS6 (56K=DEATH)

I got the pics in today... many many thanks to hifi dream for taking the pics and test driving the car for me. I think I'm pleasantly surprised with what I found.. but there are a few issues that I'm gonna have to deal with.

Overall I would say the car is in "good" condition. It's not perfect... it needs some TLC... but I am happy with what I see. I think it's in as good or better condition than my Formula was when I bought it.. and look at it now..

Anyway... Here it is..

First.. here's the RPO codes on the door. You can see that the codes MN6, WS6, and 88U (paint code for BPM) are there. It's indeed genuine.

And here's a good thorough look at it.. You'll have to excuse the fact that it's dirty...

Old 10-15-2005, 11:21 PM
teh PuRpL3z

teh PuRpL3z

teh PuRpL3z

Old 10-15-2005, 11:22 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Old 10-15-2005, 11:23 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Old 10-16-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am suprised for that kind of mileage that the interior has that kind of use. That is an awesome looking car, Zeke! I am jealous.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

The exterior looks great, the interior in places looks a bit neglected. But damn, overall it looks sweet! I don't remember what you paid or are paying, but I remember it being too good to pass up. Nice pick up Zeke.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:41 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Rokko
The exterior looks great, the interior in places looks a bit neglected. But damn, overall it looks sweet! I don't remember what you paid or are paying, but I remember it being too good to pass up. Nice pick up Zeke.
$12K

Yeah, the interior looks like the previous owner(s) didn't give a **** about it... It's kinda beat up for such low mileage.. gotta be a lot of short drives on it. Only reason I could explain the low mileage with such high interior wear.

The pic where you can see the torque arm under the car makes me a little curious, too.. looks like a little bit of oil there. Could have a leak somewhere.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

I would buy that for 12k for sure. Especially knowing how rare the car is. I like the purple calipers too. As far as the interior goes, I wouldn't consider it too much ware for the year, but for the mileage it does make me curious. I saw the oil on the torque arm too. Looks like it might need to be looked at for a leak somewhere. The power stearing res. looks like mine. I am always cleaning that thing up and adding just a bit every six months or so. I think it has to do with the cooler that ASC Global installed as part of the WS6 package because I have read a lot regarding this issue.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:07 AM
TECH Regular

looks like it's had a front end collision before..

at any rate, it will take you some time to make it a full out show car.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I really cant stand that color! glad its yours and not mine. j/k
Looks like the exterior needs a wash and is ready to go but the interior is a little rougher, surprisingly. Is that rust in the back seat? As far as the wet looking torque arm and rear-end my guess would be pinion seal...hehehehe little bit of experience with it. Nice car though, I'm sure you'll get it cleaned up and you can replace those interior parts a little at a time as well. SHeesh look at the pedals, no wear on them at all.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Well Zeke, At least the engine compartment is cleaner than yours when you started. Looks like a good deal for that price. Congratulations.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:52 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Nathan
looks like it's had a front end collision before..
What makes you say that... I'm not seeing it, and neither did the two guys that looked at the car in person for me.

at any rate, it will take you some time to make it a full out show car.
Not really. There's not that much work to do before I can show it... it will mostly be detailing and cleaning up the scratches.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:59 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Wow I really cant stand that color! glad its yours and not mine. j/k
I'm glad too... 1 of 12 is a lot appealing to me than 1 of 8,742. I like having a car that is unique.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I'm glad too... 1 of 12 is a lot appealing to me than 1 of 8,742. I like having a car that is unique.
Well you've got that market covered! Interesting wear on the interior. Looks like dirty shoes or boots all the time and maybe a kids seat in the back. It wasnt kept very clean on the inside but the outside really doesn't look that bad. I'm sure you've already got plans for a few replacement parts on the interior. Those panels cant be that expensive and a new seat bottom, unless it cleans off. Look at the pedal wear or lack there of, who ever drove it didnt put any wear on them at all. All of my wear is on the sides of the pedals as well, I drive it hard, so maybe you got a really pristine drivetrain? All in all I'd say you got a good deal. How you getting it home?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:45 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I'm gonna put it on a rail car and ship it back here. Don't want to risk running into snow on the way back coming through the Rockies. I'd hate to drive that car in the snow.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
What makes you say that... I'm not seeing it, and neither did the two guys that looked at the car in person for me.
the cover in front and washer fluid tank (i don't think someone would write on them for any other reason..) also they are two unrelated issues.. unless an impact occured
(just my theory :shrug: )
*edited..not the radiator..my bad*

Not really. There's not that much work to do before I can show it... it will mostly be detailing and cleaning up the scratches.
well, tons of little stuff. replacing some of the interior plastic pieces from the scratches
working out the stains on the seats/carpet
returning the stock exhaust
cleaning up the underside
detailing the engine bay.. while finding what the hell is leaking in there

seems like a winter project for sure
Old 10-16-2005, 09:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Well you've got that market covered! Interesting wear on the interior. Looks like dirty shoes or boots all the time and maybe a kids seat in the back. It wasnt kept very clean on the inside but the outside really doesn't look that bad. I'm sure you've already got plans for a few replacement parts on the interior. Those panels cant be that expensive and a new seat bottom, unless it cleans off. Look at the pedal wear or lack there of, who ever drove it didnt put any wear on them at all. All of my wear is on the sides of the pedals as well, I drive it hard, so maybe you got a really pristine drivetrain? All in all I'd say you got a good deal. How you getting it home?

Chris have you filled the NOS bottle yet? If you did have you hit the "button" yet? Just curious. I keep forgetting to get your dyno sheets scanned, call me at the shop to remind me!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:51 PM
teh PuRpL3z

the cover in front and washer fluid tank (i don't think someone would write on them for any other reason..) also they are two unrelated issues.. unless an impact occured
(just my theory :shrug: )
*edited..not the radiator..my bad*
I looks like someone just decided to keep track of the maintenance on the car by writing on it with a sharpie. There's no evidence of any kind of front end collision looking at the car in person.

A little bit of rubbing alcohol, and it will come right off.

well, tons of little stuff. replacing some of the interior plastic pieces from the scratches
working out the stains on the seats/carpet
returning the stock exhaust
cleaning up the underside
detailing the engine bay.. while finding what the hell is leaking in there

seems like a winter project for sure
Yeah, but it's all little stuff. I'll probably have all that stuff done in a matter of a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Good pics of the BPM '98 WS6 (56K=DEATH)