Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I got busted for playing.(good cop story)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got busted for playing.(good cop story)

I was heading into terrace heights turned the corner at 33rd st. Nailed the gas hit 39 mph speed limit 35. Well a yakima county sheriff saw me do this well he pulled me over.

He walks up to the car and says "you shouldnt break traction in front of the police.OH BTW impressive"he ran me for wants and warrants check my driving record and says "i'm letting you off i have too much paperwork to do besides that you have a spotless driving record except the accident 9 months ago . he then says I could nail you for wreckless driving impound your vehicle and arrest" you. I do not think i broke traction the smoke he saw was my oil burning problem that has developed.My personal take on it he was impressed with my car he had that enthralled look on his face the whole traffic stop.and was not going to write me a ticket.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

[Paul Harvey] Now, for the REST OF THE STORY ... [/Paul Harvey]

As we approached 33rd St, I saw the sherriff and said "COP", but apparently, Tom's head was completely in the clouds, because he did not hear me
So, after I picked my jaw up off the floorboard when he gunned it, I said "Are you inviting him to follow you?!?" It was only then that Tom looked in the rearview mirror to see the nice officer make the turn behind us

Tom was looking like this: and says "Uhhh, no, but he is ..."

You could really tell from the moment he walked up that the officer had no intention of writing a ticket. He was grinning when he said "you really shouldnt do that in front of a cop"

I will be getting a laugh out of this for some time to come!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

I always have bad luck when I get pulled over........

I was driving to my bosses house last Thanksgiving and was driving down a back road to his house. I stopped at a stop sign (which was 3 blocks from a cop station ) and burned the tires for a 2-3 seconds. Nothing huge or crazy, just a nice little squeel. That burn out brought my car above the posted speed limit of 35 by maybe 4-5mph. Well aparently there was a cop parked somewhere near by and he heard the burn out and saw me drive by doing 40ish. He pulls me over so close to my bosses house that I could litterally see his porch. The cop comes to the door and I give him my DL and military ID. He then asks me if I was going to deploy soon. I told him "no, why". Because you were driving like you were upset. I ignored him. Then he comes back with a ticket and says were you down here a couple of times earlier today. I said, no (which I wasn't). He said, I know I heard your car hear earlier doing burnouts and I couldn't find him then. I'm like whatever dude just give me my ticket and go away. I was also smoking and ashing out the window. He told me not to do that, and that he could give me a ticket for littering. I said it was ash................at that point I was so pissed, I put it out in my soda can and started to pull away........the story aint over yet. As I come to close to the street to see around the cop car, I see him pull around me and up to my window. He rolls down his passanger window and says I know that was you who was racing around here earlier, because now that your car is running, I remember that sound. I tell you what.......If that guy wasn't a cop, I would have got out of my car, pulled him out of his and kicked his face into the asphault.

I hate cops................
Old 10-20-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

one of these days i will get a cop that is having a bad day.and get the book thrown at me.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
one of these days i will get a cop that is having a bad day.and get the book thrown at me.

LOL..........and maybe one of these days I'll get a cop that is having a good day and get out of my ticket
Old 10-21-2005, 04:12 AM
TECH Addict

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't something have to be bigger than a PACK of cigarettes to be considered littering? And if you break traction it is called something like excessive display of power and hardly an infraction to have your car impounded over? Darrin? Josh? Beuler? Beuler? Beuler? ...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
LOL..........and maybe one of these days I'll get a cop that is having a good day and get out of my ticket
Someone's become a post w ****.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howierd42
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't something have to be bigger than a PACK of cigarettes to be considered littering? And if you break traction it is called something like excessive display of power and hardly an infraction to have your car impounded over? Darrin? Josh? Beuler? Beuler? Beuler? ...
Not 100% positive on what all constitutes litter, but a cigarette BUTT (even extinguished) is litter, so definitely smaller than a cigarette pack; but my guess is that an ash would not qualify

There is also more than one way to write a body up for squealing the tires. Your basic burn out is excessive tire noise, and not too big a deal. However, depending on the circumstance, and at the officer's discretion, you may be ticketed with felony reckless driving. If he percieved us as burning the tires going around the corner (and he really thought we did) then by rights he could ticket for reckless driving/reckless endangerment/child endangerment - all of which are serious offenses.

---------------------------------------

Early morning identity crisis leads to woman impersonating husband ...
... Again, it was ME, ANGI, who posted this lol
Old 10-21-2005, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

I don't see ash bein litter, but a cigarette butt if he really wanted to be a stickler.. yeah...
Old 10-21-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok, you are wrong.

Littering is throwing ANYTHING out of your car (except water....and in Cali poultry feathers....cuz they fly outta the trucks carrying the chickens to slaughter at Foster Frams )

As for "breaking traction, it is not an infraction, it is a misdemeanor (where I come from & IIRC here as well....actually most everywhere) and you CAN be arrested, have your car impounded, etc and I am sure it is the same or extremely similar here.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I don't see ash bein litter, but a cigarette butt if he really wanted to be a stickler.. yeah...
There are seperate statutes for flicking ash out the window/out of your car.....and the fine is heinous. And yes, a cigarette is littering.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
Not 100% positive on what all constitutes litter, but a cigarette BUTT (even extinguished) is litter, so definitely smaller than a cigarette pack; but my guess is that an ash would not qualify

There is also more than one way to write a body up for squealing the tires. Your basic burn out is excessive tire noise, and not too big a deal. However, depending on the circumstance, and at the officer's discretion, you may be ticketed with felony reckless driving. If he percieved us as burning the tires going around the corner (and he really thought we did) then by rights he could ticket for reckless driving/reckless endangerment/child endangerment - all of which are serious offenses.

---------------------------------------

Early morning identity crisis leads to woman impersonating husband ...
... Again, it was ME, ANGI, who posted this lol
Just an FYI Angi....you cannot be ticketed for a felony......all felonies go to jail.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Someone's become a post w ****.
Not so much........just broke as hell and trying to get my car fixed.

try figure that one out.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Just an FYI Angi....you cannot be ticketed for a felony......all felonies go to jail.
Yeah, what he said!!

Like I said in the post ... early morning for me, my mind doesnt unfog until after the first pot of coffee
Old 10-21-2005, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Littering is throwing ANYTHING out of your car (except water....and in Cali poultry feathers....cuz they fly outta the trucks carrying the chickens to slaughter at Foster Frams )
What about tomatoes?? God, I swear nothing causes worse pile ups than a wrecked tomato truck! Worse than fog or dust ... those things are DANGEROUS lol
Old 10-21-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NautyAngel
Yeah, what he said!!

Like I said in the post ... early morning for me, my mind doesnt unfog until after the first pot of coffee
I hear ya........I am the same way only I need my morning shots of Diet Coke.
Originally Posted by NautyAngel
What about tomatoes?? God, I swear nothing causes worse pile ups than a wrecked tomato truck! Worse than fog or dust ... those things are DANGEROUS lol
That would usually fall under the catagory of an unsecured load, not littering. But I can see how that could be verrrrry messy.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Darrin. I stand corrected.

Now that you mention it I do seem to remember the state passing some hella fine for tossing a cigarrette out the window.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Resident

The Flick it Ticket is like 908 bucks as I recal.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:19 AM
10 Second Club

So basically..............ashing a cigarette out the car window is littering? I didn't throw the cigarette out the window just the ash that forms at the tip of the cigarette.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes darrin i knew i did a boo-boo but i also thought i did not break traction...and besides the sheriff looked like a kid getting candy he was just impressed with our hot rod. He had to pull me over just because their were too many people around (the sheriffs office would have caught hell) when a cop says BTW way Impressive what would you think??

Quick Reply: I got busted for playing.(good cop story)