Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Wierd sound coming from my car when I shift at high RPM's..........WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wierd sound coming from my car when I shift at high RPM's..........WTF?

I just cut and pasted from the other thread............

I have a H/C M6 2000 C5 with 380whp. I just had a mcleod twin disc clutch w/ adjustable master, carbon fiber driveshaft, and a DTE stage III rear diff. w/ 3:90 gears all installed a few weeks ago. I noticed after I broke everything in and had a chance to really get into it, that when I shift hard and quick at high RPM's (6500-6700) I heard a wierd woosh as I let off the clutch. Its like that clutch is grabbing hard and something isn't liking it. I don't know how to explain the sound. I just heard it today and then quit romping on it so I didn't break anything. I couldn't pin point where the sound was coming from either. But it sounded like a metal woosh..........if that sound could possibly happen. No grinding, no ticking or clanking, nothing like that..............it was wierd.

Anyone got a clue????
Old 12-01-2005, 01:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lets get together and check it out. I want to make sure it is right even though I did not get to finish it for you
Old 12-01-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Lets get together and check it out. I want to make sure it is right even though I did not get to finish it for you

Well Ellis...........it drives like a dream, but today coming back from some shopping (little things for the header install on Friday) and I decided to bury the gears. I downshifted into 2nd at about 60mph or so and hammered it, when I shifted into 3rd i heard a very clear woosh sound, I stayed in it to 4th and again it did it......so i immediately let off and shifted into 6th for the cruise home.

Whats your schedule look like this weekend?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Busy. Finish Z28 on rack friday. hook up with TA guy and check him out. Saturday we are slamming a H2 round trip with a build and a 99 SS should get dropped off for the same next week. also installing Bill's old brakes on a car next week. and and and. I hope it keeps rolling

I am sure we can fit a drive in some time
Old 12-01-2005, 02:02 AM
10 Second Club

Busy. Finish Z28 on rack friday. hook up with TA guy and check him out. Saturday we are slamming a H2 round trip with a build and a 99 SS should get dropped off for the same next week. also installing Bill's old brakes on a car next week. and and and. I hope it keeps rolling

Well I'm off till Monday.........then its back to my routine. Let me know when would be the best time for you.

I'm glad to hear your so busy........that's wonderful!

Don't forget we have to toss a few back still.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

So WHEN are we going to work on the blue car Ellis?!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And don't forget a leaky C4 next Friday...

Quick Reply: Wierd sound coming from my car when I shift at high RPM's..........WTF?