Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Road Racing Anyone?

Old 03-17-2006, 04:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Racing Anyone?

I follow the threads and most of them about drag racing... What about road racing is anyone into that one? This year I want to do that instead of drag racing
Old 03-17-2006, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Are you talking about Open Road Racing, or the road course at PR? There are a few on here that do one or the other. I plan to take the PR road course class this year & then do the Pony Express 130 in August. (really, I mean it this time guys!)
Old 03-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Hello yekta.

If you don't mind driving a bit, myself and a few other guys rent Spokane Raceway Park road course a few times every year for some great track time. It is a 2.5 mile Grand Prix Road Course with the longest front straight in North America!

I have to admit with possible front straight speeds in the 170's and back straight speeds of around 135, it is a very fun track. Plus since there are only a few of us you get all the track time you can handle

We do two day rentals and stay at the local hotels.

PM me if you are interested and I will add you to our list.

Thanks, Perry

A pic of the track

Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, none of us ever think about road racing at all

On another note I decided to "move down" to a '71 Z28 to give poor Boyce a chance, he just couldn't keep up with my stock WS6
Old 03-17-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

I'll also be taking the driving school at PR this year, and maybe do a lapping day or two after that... when depends on whether or not I keep my current C4 (needs new brakes, better tires, and replacement of tired bushings before I hit the road course), or trade it in for something else after my Camaro sells.

I'm hoping to go out there in late April or sometime in May.

And that Spokane course looks great! I think it'd be worth a trip out there to race on it... keep us informed!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rollin Black
Hello yekta.

If you don't mind driving a bit, myself and a few other guys rent Spokane Raceway Park road course a few times every year for some great track time. It is a 2.5 mile Grand Prix Road Course with the longest front straight in North America!

I have to admit with possible front straight speeds in the 170's and back straight speeds of around 135, it is a very fun track. Plus since there are only a few of us you get all the track time you can handle

We do two day rentals and stay at the local hotels.

PM me if you are interested and I will add you to our list.

Thanks, Perry

A pic of the track

VERY VERY interested, but I have never taken that prequisite class tho [not an advanced driver]
Old 03-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Hello All.

If you would be interested in joining us on one or more of our events, PM me with your email address and I will add you to the email list and get some other info from you.

* IMPORTANT - Anyone that wants to attend must email me first.

MORE INFO:

Please email me with any of the dates you would like to attend. I will keep a list of attendees and update you all every so often. Please remember we need a minimum of 6 cars per day to meet to track minimum. If we cannot meet the 6 car minimum per event I may have to cancel that set of dates.

2006 PRIVATE TRACK RENTAL DATES:
June 26 & 27
July 24 & 25
August 21 & 22

MINIMUM ATTENDANCE REQUIRED:
We need to have a minimum of 6 cars per day in order to meet the track rental minimum.

COSTS:
Track costs for 2006 season are $155.00 per day per car (if flagger available add $15.00 a day), minimum 6 cars per day.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

** This is a drive at your own risk high speed driving event.

You must have at a minimum an approved helmet that is worn at all times while on-track. Video cameras in cars must be properly secured (fixed mount). Track officials will require that all individuals on the property sign track releases daily. No alcoholic beverages at the track. A track ambulance is on site and further Medical care/ambulance can be contacted quickly by track officials. We hope to employee at least one corner worker with flags in the area of corner 4 (with a view of 4, 5 & 6).

Track Time - As we are such a small number of cars we do not have set run groups. We have a few simple rules to follow which I will go over Monday morning. But basically once the track is open to us all drivers are free to enter track and run as long as you and your car can take it. Pit when you want, then return on track. Passing is allowed on front & rear straights only, after being waived by.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Perry
Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by yekta
VERY VERY interested, but I have never taken that prequisite class tho [not an advanced driver]
Hello yekta.

While you do not need to have taken a performance driving course to attend our events, it is highly recommended.

I do suggest you sign up for Don Kitch's one day driving school at Pacific Raceways, it is local and an excellent school.

http://www.proformanceraceschool.com/

Or for a few days of fun - Spring Mountain Advanced Driving School in Nevada is the place to go.

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

You can PM me if you have any more questions.

Thanks, Perry
Old 03-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I'll also be taking the driving school at PR this year, and maybe do a lapping day or two after that... when depends on whether or not I keep my current C4 (needs new brakes, better tires, and replacement of tired bushings before I hit the road course), or trade it in for something else after my Camaro sells.

I'm hoping to go out there in late April or sometime in May.

And that Spokane course looks great! I think it'd be worth a trip out there to race on it... keep us informed!
Tranzor_Z28, I posted some more info on our events. If you are interested, PM me your email address and I will add you to the distribution list.

Thanks, Perry
Old 03-18-2006, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Rollin Black,

PM Sent

this sounds awesome,
I do intend to take the class at PR this year,

and I really want to "Open up" the Goat some this year
Old 03-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Is SRP going to even be open this year? Lots of legal trouble.

Kind of hope it isn't, and a new owner takes hold. To clean/update the place, instead of getting rid of it all together, in favor of something like a golf course.

I'd be interested in the SRP event, but even more so in a PR event.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAmSam
Is SRP going to even be open this year? Lots of legal trouble.

Kind of hope it isn't, and a new owner takes hold. To clean/update the place, instead of getting rid of it all together, in favor of something like a golf course.

I'd be interested in the SRP event, but even more so in a PR event.
yeah PR is not 300 miles away
Old 03-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yekta
yeah PR is not 300 miles away
I live in spokane actually.

just a lot more interested in the PR track.

Search this Thread