Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights

Old 03-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights

Here a few pics. Cloudy day, lot of glare on the headlights but you can see them still. I call it the semi whistler because in order to get the smoked look you need to paint the sides of the reflectors. This would compromise headlight effectiveness from what I can see so I didnt do it. Its a very subtle change, looks factory if you ask me. You could do it any color you want to match your cars exterior color. The tail lights are in as well. They came out good, not great, I dont think. If you look real close you can see some imperfections in the painting. Should have been 70 degrees plus when I painted them but it wasnt even close. Had to wet sand them and everything. Havent talked to the PD or DMV yet, but I will next week. They are still very effective and well seen so I dont know what will happen. My guess is the backup light will be the downfall now. I still have my original tail lights as well so its no biggy if they get flagged.
Damn weather! Dont really have room in my garage to work on my car so I do it half in half out. A week of sunshine would enable me to finish the stereo install and sound proofing. Got Second Skin liquid and Raamat to put it. My interior is half out of the car and scattered in the garage. Wife is wonderiing what the hell I'm doing but I never tell her when I spend money on my car. It makes life a lot easier that way.
Saw some nice wheels I finally liked for my car but they only come in one width. MB drifters chrome. But I'm thinking maybe and 11 inch for the rear though. So it looks like I'm staying original zr1 for now.
Attached Thumbnails Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010023.jpg   Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010022.jpg   Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010025.jpg  
Old 03-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sound deadening

sound deadening step one. Second Skin Spectrum. This stuff is also a heat block. Car should stay cooler as well. I almost **** when I opened up the container and saw it was purple. But it dries black so the nightmare ended quickly. The Spectrum is water based and cleans up easily. I put it on with a paint brush. Step two is using matting. Bought mine from raamat, got a great deal.
Attached Thumbnails Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010010.jpg   Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010011.jpg   Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010012.jpg   Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010013.jpg   Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights-p1010014.jpg  

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 01-31-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Semi Whistler mod and blanco mod tail lights