Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

slp dual/dual catback

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default slp dual/dual catback

hey i got a slp dual/dual catback for sale that came out my SS with prob around 20,000 mi. the over the axle pipe would need some fabbing..its also out of the muffler just in case i have to ship it the box wouldnt need to be so crazy. i live in 98105, Pretty much near the UW. i would love to sell it locally then rather to ship it. 140 obo takes it. u just come here and pick her up
pics:
Attached Thumbnails slp dual/dual catback-im000666.jpg   slp dual/dual catback-im000667.jpg   slp dual/dual catback-im000668.jpg  
Old 03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

which new catback did you go with?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
Seattle: Home of the worst drivers in the country
You apparently haven't spent much time out of Seattle have you?

New York (Manhatten), Boston, L.A., Chicago....all come to mind long before this place. And yes, I have driven quite a bit in all 4 places (5 if you count here too).
Old 03-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rottluver
You apparently haven't spent much time out of Seattle have you?

New York (Manhatten), Boston, L.A., Chicago....all come to mind long before this place. And yes, I have driven quite a bit in all 4 places (5 if you count here too).
Actually I think he's got it right. The ability of drivers in this area is deplorable.The speed at which drivers in those other cities drive is what makes you think they are bad.

Example: In Boston you'll have bumper to bumper across 4 lanes with the slow lane moving at 70 mph and the fast at 85. No accidents and when they do happen people know how to react and avoid. Get bumper to bumper in the PAC NW and its accident central with chain reactions.
People around here can't drive for **** for the most part. Add rain to this part of the country and the driving skills lessen to the degree of ludicrous. Since Boston has all four seasons Bostonians can drive in any weather. Here you take your life into your own hands if you got out in the snow. No, the PAC NW has the worst drivers of the cities mentioned and that’s not even close. NY is about the same but there are a lot more people so more cars. As far as LA and Chicago who cares..LOL
Old 03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Actually I think he's got it right. The ability of drivers in this area is deplorable.The speed at which drivers in those other cities drive is what makes you think they are bad.

Example: In Boston you'll have bumper to bumper across 4 lanes with the slow lane moving at 70 mph and the fast at 85. No accidents and when they do happen people know how to react and avoid. Get bumper to bumper in the PAC NW and its accident central with chain reactions.
People around here can't drive for **** for the most part. Add rain to this part of the country and the driving skills lessen to the degree of ludicrous. Since Boston has all four seasons Bostonians can drive in any weather. Here you take your life into your own hands if you got out in the snow. No, the PAC NW has the worst drivers of the cities mentioned and that’s not even close. NY is about the same but there are a lot more people so more cars. As far as LA and Chicago who cares..LOL
Have you actually spent any time driving in these places?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

The collective IQ of the booger eating morons drops to zero in the greater seattle area when the roads get wet.

Don't even mention snow. Then they go negative.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Have you actually spent any time driving in these places?
I'm from Boston so yes I can challenge you on that city. They are very aggressive rude drivers, hell yes but don’t confuse that with bad driving. What we have here is bad driving in good weather. Atrocious driving in inclement weather. I lived in Montana and Hawaii. In Hawaii I was the worst driver..hahahaha way to aggressive. Montana was easy, no freaking people to get in your way and no speed limit to slow you or them down to get in the way.. It all depends on your perspective. Boston people got somewhere to go and want to get there in a hurry. Pac NW is more like I'm going as fast as I want and that’s good enough for you. And that creates a ton more problems. Aggressive drivers are usually better drivers. They are looking further ahead than non aggressive lally gagging drivers. Aggressive drivers see the "big " picture where non's don’t tend to look that far or think that far in advance. Seeing what others are going to do before they do it is “seeing the big picture”. It’s a different mentality. More people out there makes for a more aggressive lifestyle because there is more competition for work. How do you get to work? If your late you'll be replaced. Its not as laid back as out here. So because you drive at higher speeds you learn to react quicker and respond better to sudden adversities.

I've gone from the mass-nh border to the cape(Woods Hole) in 1hr 15 minutes. Thats unheard of if you know the area. In an 81 dodge challenger. 2.6 litre hemi 4 cylinder when mitsubishi and dodge were hooking up in the early years.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 03-31-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm from Boston so yes I can challenge you on that city. They are very aggressive rude drivers, hell yes but don’t confuse that with bad driving. What we have here is bad driving in good weather. Atrocious driving in inclement weather. I lived in Montana and Hawaii. In Hawaii I was the worst driver..hahahaha way to aggressive. Montana was easy, no freaking people to get in your way and no speed limit to slow you or them down to get in the way.. It all depends on your perspective. Boston people got somewhere to go and want to get there in a hurry. Pac NW is more like I'm going as fast as I want and that’s good enough for you. And that creates a ton more problems. Aggressive drivers are usually better drivers. They are looking further ahead than non aggressive lally gagging drivers. Aggressive drivers see the "big " picture where non's don’t tend to look that far or think that far in advance. Seeing what others are going to do before they do it is “seeing the big picture”. It’s a different mentality. More people out there makes for a more aggressive lifestyle because there is more competition for work. How do you get to work? If your late you'll be replaced. Its not as laid back as out here. So because you drive at higher speeds you learn to react quicker and respond better to sudden adversities.

I've gone from the mass-nh border to the cape(Woods Hole) in 1hr 15 minutes. Thats unheard of if you know the area. In an 81 dodge challenger. 2.6 litre hemi 4 cylinder when mitsubishi and dodge were hooking up in the early years.
What part of Montana did you live in? I'm originally from Missoula (born/raised).

81 Challenger lol... I delivered pizza's in one of those when I was still in highschool. It also had the 2.6l. Fun little car and one of the rare 80's imports that was rear wheel drive. God I beat the **** outa that thing, jumped it, revved it to the moon, clutch dumps and generally just neglected it for the entire 8 months I had it and never even changed the oil in the darn thing!! Quite an amazing little car actually. I sold it to my friend and he beat the tar out of it for another 6 months without changing the oil lol.... We tried to blow it up but it just kept going and going and going...... ?

Mike
Old 03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

Lived in Wolfe Point. Yeah that little mitsubishi ran like hell. In used to leave serious one wheeled burnouts with it. lol
Old 03-31-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

im from california...and yes theres a huge difference between bay area drivers and seattle drivers.
but i have had a hooker cat back for a while now.. im just trying to sell this thing locally cause shipping is a pain in the *** especially when i have practice every day after school
Old 04-01-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Well that is all well & good but when was that? In the last decade? My ex is from (and currently is back) in Boston and even SHE admitted that Boston drivers are waaaaay worse then LA, Seattle, etc drivers (which is an accomplishment if you have spent ANY time driving there). Have you been driving in Boston since the "Big Dig" started? Or now that it is complete? Yes they are aggressive but so are most major city-drivers........whenever we would go back there she wanted to drive & I encouraged it cuz I ******* HATE HATE HATE driving there. After the first several times I stopped wanting to drive in it and just let her cuz it sucked so bad. She was used to it and I wasn't so it just made sense. I am sure I would have shot someone or been shot if I did all the driving.

My point (so long ago) was just that for all the large Cities I have done time in (driving-wise) this place really isn't as bad. Yes people get their heads up their butts when it rains but ya ought to drive in L.A. when that happens. It is like the looney bin opened it doors and provided everyone with a ******* car.

And Blanco, I know you said who cares about L.A. & Chicago, but when it comes to horrendous driving in the larger Cities, Seattle is not in the top 5 for the places I have been/driven in and that includes the last 7-8 years in L.A. so I included it.

Sidewayz........sorry for the hijack. Good luck selling your catback amigo.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

PM sent
Old 04-02-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

replied. its yours man just come on by before your trip of after whenever is a better time for you
Old 04-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Banned

I was back there 3 yrs ago and I drove to get there. I still say NW has worse drivers. Its still a perspective. I'm not gonna dis women in general but I don’t go by their opinions when it comes to driving. Finding one that actually knows how to drive is few and far between. Not saying all women but very few and none from Mass that I've ever known. Including my mother. I have a good friend who is back there after being out here for a number of years and he would strongly disagree with her statements as well. Does it make me or him right or wrong.. NO. Its a perspective thing and to each his own as far as that goes. If the best thing you can say is that people are good drivers around here without the rain then you ain’t saying much. Its the amount of traffic out there that drives people nuts and makes for ******** on the road. There is no excuse for it here. Its just self righteous buttwads deciding that you don’t need to go that fast so they'll slow you down. Then add the rain 300 days out of the year. Not even a close comparison.
But ask me where I'd rather live and drive and I'd say here. Less traffic and no mass staties. Mass state police are the biggest ******** on the planet. Generaly the police are much nicer around here.
And we can agree to disagree, its not like I have to think your way or you mine. Its a difference of opinions thats all. Some like it spicy hot, some mild.
remember the old "TASTE GREAT" vs "LESS FILLING" ads on TV. its just
like that.

And the catback got sold!

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 04-02-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

i like it spicy...
yeah i cant believe i sold it on this thread about who drives better then who