Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Help with Wheel Hub/bearings.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Wheel Hub/bearings.

what's up people,

I just found out that my wheel bearings are causing the car to make some vibrating noise as i drive. and I would also like to change my serp. belts. My question is, is there anyone local that would be able to give me a hand with it? The closer the better ofcourse, but I know I can't be too choosy. Let me know. Thanks a lot
Old 04-13-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bring it to wyoming ,i would be glad to give you a hand//
Old 04-14-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL we could do that and your headers in one swoop. How many miles does your ride have on it? Its not a normal thing for C5's wheel bearings to go at normal mileage. What are your exact symptoms? The serp belts are a 10 minute job they are pretty easy to change on the vette.

I believe the bearing are a sealed setup and all part of the hub. If you wheel bearing are really going out you may want to check some vette salvage yards for some low mileage used ones I can't imagine they are cheap new.

You sure it isn't your rotors that is a pretty common think to warp and would cause vibrations as you apply your brakes.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Yea I thought about that, but I think I am going to try to get the hub done before the headers, I kinda want the hub done now. because it makes this noise that sounds like a tire rubbing noise that increases as I go faster and it slows down in rhythm as i go slower. and everyone says that it sounds like symptoms for a wheel hub. like a bearing in the hub or something like that went out. the timken hub is like 130 bucks from autozone. what do you think man?

Quick Reply: Help with Wheel Hub/bearings.