Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

18th ANNUAL PACIFIC NORTHWEST HISTORICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18th ANNUAL PACIFIC NORTHWEST HISTORICS

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in going to this. I was going to add it to the events sticky, but with such late notice I thought I'd make a thread just for it to get exposure. I have entry forms & more info if you are interested. They are asking for help....here is what I got back when I asked about when & what they needed.

"Hi Mark,

The area's that come to mind are the Paddock, Infield, Car Corral, Entrance Gate etc. The times would vary throughout the weekend.

You will need to contact Bill Hardrath (206-824-7980) regarding cars for the Car Corral. I'll include the information required for that...."

More info:

DATE: June 30 –July 2, 2006

LOCATION: Pacific Raceways (formerly Seattle International Raceway)
Highway 18, Kent, Wash.

TIME: 8:30 a.m.: gates open
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Friday qualifying and racing
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday/Sunday practice and racing

TICKET PRICES: Adults: $25 one-day pass Friday, Saturday or Sunday, $40 multiple day pass
Children age 7 - 16: $5 per day
Children 6 years and under are free.
Friday – qualifying and racing, all groups; Saturday & Sunday - practice and racing

And a brief description:

The Pacific Northwest Historics will be held June 30 through July 2 at Pacific Raceways, off SR18, just outside Auburn, WA. The Pacific Northwest Historics is the premier vintage sportscar race in the Pacific Northwest and is the largest event of its type in the USA where all proceeds go to a charitable cause. All of the entry fees and any other donations go to the uncompensated care fund at Children’s Hospitall. The goal this year is $450,000 and the total donations over the 18 years may hit the $5 million dollar mark.
There will be approximately 250 vintage race cars, 1969 and older, entered in the races. The featured marque this year is Allard. The Historics are a stop on a national reunion tour so there should be a number of these unusual cars both in the races and in the car corral.
As usual, the car corral provides an opportunity for local car clubs to meet and display their cars
The guidelines for this year’s event are summarized below.
• The 2006 Pacific Northwest Historics will take place Friday, June 30 through Sunday July 2. General admission ticket prices are the same as last year at $25 for any one day and $40 for the 3-day weekend, and include a program. There is no additional cost to put a car in the corral. Reduced price tickets are available for children. Passenger tickets may be purchased in advance or at the gate on race day. The passenger tickets can be purchased with the car corral tickets, or discounted tickets are available through Ticketmaster or at a number of car shows.
• Car corral entry includes a dash plaque, goody bag, program, eligibility for trophies for cars in various age categories, and possible raffle prizes.
• There will be no formal car corral on Friday, but anyone purchasing a weekend or Friday car corral pass will be able to park in the car corral area.
• Brian Redman will be the guest celebrity at this year’s event. See the SOVREN website for information on his impressive career.
• A special car corral for street rods and muscle cars is planned for Friday. This is separate from the “normal” car corral and separate areas will be designated for the two corrals.
• Preregistration for the Car Corral is required and there is a limit of 20 cars per club per day. The deadline is June 15th this year, although it may be a bit earlier if the 250-car limit is reached before that. That limit is required because we can’t get more cars than that on the track for the parade laps in the time allowed for that activity. Any of the cars involved in the reunion activities that are in the car corral will count toward the limit. You may want to confirm the space available prior to sending payment as the deadline approaches.
• Clubs can reserve a space for an information booth for $20 per day or $35 for the weekend. These booths may be used for distributing information about the club, answering questions about the cars, generally promoting the marque, and as a place for the club members to “set a spell”. Although some club regalia may be sold in the Car Corral, more general sales must take place in the vendor area. Contact SOVREN Guild for more information.

I have pages more if you want to contact me. Here is the website:

http://www.sovren.org/

Mark
Old 06-14-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the detailed info Mark I wonder if the two running AMX's will be out there, its the one car that leaves me black and blue from kicking myself for letting it go

Unfortunately everyone wants a stickie then pays no attention to them anyway but I'll link this to the top anyway
Old 06-14-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

"Weather permiting" ya, Im proububly going but,..............you would think that If they were serious about geting as many people as possible to want to go they would have droped the price by a few bucks! I love the old cars but thats a fifty doller day plus and you know its all the pluses that add up!!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

$40 for the entire weekend is cheaper than:
a tank of gas
beer and munchies in one night
dinner with your gf/SO
buying drinks to get a girl to notice you
˝ the cost of filling the juice bottle
any Hooters gathering

Just some thoughts....not bad considering we are too broke to pay attention but will probably go even if we have to roll change
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Too far of drive for me...
Old 06-14-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11secproject
Too far of drive for me...
ooops, missed that one
not like it applies to you or anything
Old 06-14-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

We'll be busy that weekend with the in-laws so I don't think we'll be able to make it, but it sounds like fun!

And although I do agree with it being expensive, it is going to a really good cause!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

If we could, we would go ... at the rate things are going here, we may well be one of the families taking advantage of that fund ...
Old 06-15-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its a fun event but when you are talking $40 for the weekend for each person in your family that can get spendy.

I know Cammie Edlebrock is normally there & so is Vic racing their Camaros & Mustangs.

Quick Reply: 18th ANNUAL PACIFIC NORTHWEST HISTORICS