Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Updates Ellis, Cory, Tyler others

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updates Ellis, Cory, Tyler others

What the latest from the jack stand fleet???????????
Old 08-02-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Steve made a funny.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, hillarious.....I already posted my update in my thread.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, some of us like jack stands. I had 5-stands under my car for a while, anyone beat that? We will be ready for Friday night, I hope.
Robert
Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My box is over at Ellis' shop in Snohomish.

Had the car a week after waiting a month and a half and spending over 5k just to have thrown on a flat bed again.

It was on the dyno running lean, so I had the tuner richen it up. Unfortunately I never got any numbers from the four pulls, it was unsafe to continue. The hand held unit was not affecting the A/F.

It's blowing a fair amount of smoke out on acceleration so I know it's on the rich end now but my Wideband Commander is due to arrive on Friday which doesn't matter anymore. Once I get that dialed in and the car back to me, I'll jump back on the dyno to get some numbers. By then, I might just up the boost from 17 to 19lbs to make sure I crack 600rw.

I heard the following noise Monday afternoon when I went to move my car across the parking lot. I noticed the noise at a smaller extend earlier in the morning but not to this severity:

http://www.esimracing.com/stang/vids...h/clicking.wmv

Called around 8pm, and didn't get a dang usable tow truck until just before midnight and finally arrived at Jamie's Transmission at 1am. Ellis was there with Stephanie who opened the doors for me to ensure my car was safe.

THANK YOU Ellis and Stephanie, you are rock stars.

The bolt from with the shift fork pivots was loose, Ellis tightened this with the addition of thread locker to keep her still. Came to pick it up, but apparently the damage to the pressure plate fingers was too much from the fork making connection it needed to be replaced. A undesirable wear pattern on the clutch puck itself indicated poor life in the future so I ended up ditching the whole Centerforce DFX and getting another SPEC Stage 3. I had that CF for only a week.

Many dollars later, I'm really blowing past what I thought was a reasonable budget. I can keep going, but I'm not sure if it's smart that I do. At least, this year.

It's tough chasing some of the pocket books of the older guys. I'm in a situation though where my song and dance ends with each contract so I have my 100 days away from MS here in the first of October and need to start saving my pennies for that duration. I'm in an industry where it's easy enough to get side gigs mainly with web development (erring on the side of graphics) but it's certainly nothing I can rely on for income.

Anyway. Just feel like I hit rock bottom today at some point because this dang car is one disappointment after another in a very short period of time. I'm well aware people have had worse luck (blown motors) but I can't get a good pass at this thing before something stupid prevents me from even using the thing.

So ... that's the update. I don't think I can make the next race with the Cobra as I would have just received the car from Ellis (next week) and the clutch will not be broken in yet.

And wow this stuff gets spendy. I showed my girlfriend some of the checks I've recently and that sure got her upset (You spend that much on your car!?!).
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

No jackstands here... just a perpetual lack of 1st, 4th, and sometimes 2nd that keeps me fro mbeing able to drive the BLUEMEANIE... AKA FrankenVette... AKA Mike's former POS lol. It's a tuning issue that just keeps ******* me.

My need to develop my website is taking priority now. LS2PortWorks.com will be up by Monday. Maybe I can work on the FrankenmeaniePOS after that.

When will the Truck make it to Turbo Tech? No clue other than not soon.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Do I count? I'm just waiting on slider brackets and my 4 point harness that I ordered on the 20th and finally got shipped out today. Then I just need to finish mounting the optima in the back with the kill switch, and mount MSnS inside the car. Then driveshaft and shifter reinstall. Then it should drive (though just rough tune)! No dash or gauges for the time being (just going to hook up a light to the low oil pressure switch), so I need to order all my Autometers soon.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

my RX7 LS1 swap is moving along.
waiting on a radiator now, but the motor & trans are in. wiring almost done, need shifter in to wire in the backup lights and neutral safety switch, I'm making a bracket to drop the shifter into the tunnel some. headers are fitted, need to finish exhaust(my biggest headache remaining). fuel system is done, just waiting on a fuel rail to AN6 adapter from summit(backordered). need to make a driveshaft loop.... at some point(when running), i'll need to get a tune done too... know anyone w/ hp tuners for a 99 F-body?

Last edited by AndreS; 08-03-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

OK, now that I can breath again, ATI told me they have no news for me. Whatever-the-****-that-means! I take it to mean I will NOT get my baby back this week. I want my baby back baby back baby back.....so I might try installing my LM1 wideband & maybe even a meth kit while I wait.

Like Tyler, I'm WAY over my budget (spent my bonus at least twice now, and haven't paid for the blower yet) so the meth kit may have to wait. I would really like to do it to make the car safe at higher boost levels, and so I have a teensy bit more ponies to compete for the top spot on the 19th. We'll see. My car should certainly look the part on that day.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry to hear everyone is running into obstacles, but keep the updates coming.

Seems to always come down to money & time.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Tyler, hang in there. Unfortunately that is often how it goes with cars, one thing after another. The problems I get are ones that are intermittent. There has been many times that I would have gladly flushed several hundred dollars down the toilet, if the gremlin in my car would just identify itself so I could end the trouble-shooting and fix it.

Oh, and one piece of friendly advice, one guy to another - NEVER tell your girlfriend or wife exactly how much money you spend on your car. LOL!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Tyler, I know what you mean, dude. I gave up trying to keep up with some of the cars around here... chasing down all the bugs/broken stuff is what has drained my account and started to sour me on my car. I go out to the garage and sometimes, I just want to kick it's *** for kicking my bank account's ***.

Then, getting to the track and seeing just how wildly inconsistent the car is, I keep thinking... "man, what I wouldn't give for a 13 second bracket racer."
Old 08-03-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Nice to see you're getting closer AndreS! Can't wait to see. I got to se 87ls1rx7's car and it looks great!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Sorry to hear everyone is running into obstacles, but keep the updates coming.

Seems to always come down to money & time.
WOO-HOO, I got a phone call from ATI today. At the moment I WILL have my blower back on Saturday with a new shaft, bearings, seals, impeller, and pulley for 12 psi. YES!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

Right on Mark. Sweet!!

Well as you all know or may have heard, I can't put a pulley on a power steering pump so I am waiting for the dealership to do it for me. I have broke 2 pumps trying to do it myself.

The nitrous is 75% hooked up! I just need to get the plumbing finished and can't do that till the power steering pump issue is resolved! That and I need to finish the wiring for the nitrous panel inside the car. Robert is going to be giving me a hand this weekend (Saturday hopefully) so I can get it to the tuning shop shortly therafter!

Basically all the panel needs is a good power source. That and I need to figure out if I'm gonna spray 150 or a 200 shot.

But the biggest headache is the roll bar wait. Wolfe racing should be starting the construction of my roll bar this week if not already. But it won't be at my house till the end of the month. Which means I can't LEGALLY run my setup like I want too. Kinda makes me sick!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tyler Tyler Tyler. You broke the cardinal rule. Let me help. NEVER EVER share what the project is costing with your mate. This can ONLY lead to discontent in the family.

I myself try not to even keep track

My Update is short. I am to busy working on others cars to work on mine this week

Right now I do have most of the wiring under the hood done. I need to track down a problem with my horn and get it fixed. Relay works but no power at the horns. So next up is wiring the interior and Wide band Commander.

Once all that is done it need to go back to Omni to have the Alighment redone for the new bump steer tie rod kit.

Close...but a million miles away....
Old 08-03-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

12 psi Mark? Now we're talking!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 11secproject
12 psi Mark? Now we're talking!!!
That is going to be a WHOLE LOT MORE POWER!!! Holy ****!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

What do yo expect to run Mark?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes my wife has no freaking idea on the money spent...well a little bit but not the full extent of my madness.

The Z28 has been on stands for about 2 months now, I've spend a few grand and I haven't even done that much I have:

Completed:

LS6 pcv conversion
LS6 Manifold
Edelbrock Victor headers
M6 Wiring harness (new from GM long story but it is nice and shiney )
Prothane Motor mounts
Energy suspension TA mount

Still working on:

T56 swap just need to finish driveshaft and bleed hydraulics, install steering column and a little bit of wiring
BMR SFC
UMI LCA's
HOT ROD parts Relocation brackets for the lca's
The new mettalic magnaflow cats
Programming for the t56 and headers
Ordering 11 inch TTII's

After all that is done and I pass emissions, drive the car for a little while with the top down I'll start installing the Vortech SC with aftercooloer and get it tuned. Finish the interior (converting to ebony and silver with Corbeaus microfiber TRS's) and call the damn thing done for awhile!!!!

I get depressed but I found a picture of it when I first bought it, the car has actually come a LONG way...

Good luck on everyone elses it sucks to not be able to drive the car in the summer!!

Bobby