Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

IT RUNS!!! Comments on LT's and slp Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default IT RUNS!!! Comments on LT's and slp Manifold

Whew, it runs just need to put the interior back together and top off the coolant. Drove it a couple of miles and the LS6 intake and headers definately woke up the car! Love the Poly engine mounts the car doesn't feel like its twisting apart when you stomp on it! Traction will be an issue even with the 3:23 gears looks like I'm going to need some DR's soon

So a little commentary in case anyone searches.

Edelbrock LT's- a quality product but not really a "direct fit" I've done Kooks, Pacesetters, Grots, and Hooker headers on the LS1 and these were by FAR the biggest PITA. The holes are out of round and had to be drilled out, the Y-pipe doesn't really fit. I have some nasty leaks I'm going to have some Magnaflow cats and the y-pipe modified to fit better hopefully tommorrow or Tuesday. Headers should be an easy mod and these were just a serious PITA. Definately doable and I'd still pick them for the budget header but get ready for a little fun, although I could have just had a bad batch....

SLP EGR manifold- POS, the manifold itself is fine of course the hook up for the EGR is not, really for the price it should have been better I got a deal on it but still, if I could do it again I would have done the !egr, I was just trying to keep the car looking legit, although I think the Aftercooler is going to cover it up.....

M6 swap- still a great mod if your A4 has some mileage and your not a regular drag racer. The Mity Vac is a WONDERFUL tool for bleeding the clutch!!!!

The LT's and Magnaflow sound incredible almost a shame to put cats on it, hopefully it won't quiet it down too much.

Now I need to install the SFC, LCA's and relocation brackets and start getting ready to install the Supercharger FUN!!!

Thanks for the help and encouragement!

Bobby
Old 08-06-2006, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See now you are glad you didn't jump.

Keep the updates coming.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I was going to leave it alone for awhile, but my wife (bless her heart) just acted like I was crazy for having the supercharger sitting in the garage without installing it. SOOO I will be starting that this evening
Old 08-06-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Well I was going to leave it alone for awhile, but my wife (bless her heart) just acted like I was crazy for having the supercharger sitting in the garage without installing it. SOOO I will be starting that this evening
Wish I could see the car when you are done. You should move up here.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought you were going to push that heep over a cliff and give me the supercharger for helping push?

Congrats on getting it going
Old 08-06-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
I thought you were going to push that heep over a cliff and give me the supercharger for helping push?

Congrats on getting it going

That deal might have been good yesterday Now I'm going to need the SC just to keep up with your light *** vette!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

there might be hope for your stock bottom end. i talked to a guy this weekend about doing a FMIC on his 98 vette that makes 628 rwhp on his stock bottom end with an A&A vortec kit.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:03 AM
TECH Veteran

So that used to be an A4? What did you do with the auto? Too bad I didn't know about that before... I would have swapped my re-'spec'd T56 with McLeod Twin Disk for your stock 4L60E. Pedals, console and all.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
So that used to be an A4? What did you do with the auto? Too bad I didn't know about that before... I would have swapped my re-'spec'd T56 with McLeod Twin Disk for your stock 4L60E. Pedals, console and all.

NIIIICE you tell me that now. I will buy you a stock 4L60e, and pedals and console, and help with a converter and cooler for your setup in a heartbeat! Shoot I'd even help you install it.

I traded another board member straight acrossed for a T56, ls6 clutch, pro 5.0 and pedals, for my stock tired 4L60e setup and used 3200 vig converter and new B&M cooler.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
NIIIICE you tell me that now. I will buy you a stock 4L60e, and pedals and console, and help with a converter and cooler for your setup in a heartbeat! Shoot I'd even help you install it.

I traded another board member straight acrossed for a T56, ls6 clutch, pro 5.0 and pedals, for my stock tired 4L60e setup and used 3200 vig converter and new B&M cooler.
Heh... that would have been perfect too, I would have just had Ellis freshen the 4L60E for me.

I think we just missed each other's posts... I made a post a couple months ago inquiring about an auto conversion, since I really wanted one... all I really do is drag race, so it makes sense for me, should I keep this car and take it all the way down the road where it's pointing.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

It seems like all the headers fit differently on different cars. I had the Edelbrock's and after I cut off the tab on the block (10 min) it took me another 20 min to have both sides in with the front and rear bolts started. And I have heard people having problems with the headers you had no problems with... These cars are not made identical it seems and with such a tight fit any variance will screw you up.

BTW, congrats on getting her together!!