Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Car help desperately needed .....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car help desperately needed .....

.....for the top 5 guys with the fast SBC ( Don ), LT1 ( Ellis ), and LS1 (everybody else ) cars. The planning stage for the '71 has commenced and it's gonna be a dog fight ! So if anybody can lend a hand to the owners of these pesky 'lil 'ole displacement challenged V8's runnin' around they can sure use your help haha ! Let the **** talking began !

The deal the wife and I made is I buy her a new house and I get to make the '71 FAST ! We move into the new digs on January 1st ...... time for her to pay up
Old 12-04-2006, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what you need? I will get you the best deals I can on parts? Us to give a hand?

you bet!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racehead
.....for the top 5 guys with the fast SBC ( Don ), LT1 ( Ellis ), and LS1 (everybody else ) cars. The planning stage for the '71 has commenced and it's gonna be a dog fight ! So if anybody can lend a hand to the owners of these pesky 'lil 'ole displacement challenged V8's runnin' around they can sure use your help haha ! Let the **** talking began !
Gee Bill, thanks for the offer to rally the troops. I have some plans to take away a few of those valuable cubes by reducing the stroke. That way I'll be closer to those little LS1 motors

.....The deal the wife and I made is I buy her a new house and I get to make the '71 FAST ! We move into the new digs on January 1st ...... time for her to pay up
Good luck - Let me know how it goes
Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Gee Bill, thanks for the offer to rally the troops.
Just playing with you Don
I have some plans to take away a few of those valuable cubes by reducing the stroke. That way I'll be closer to those little LS1 motors
Huh ? Are you serious ? Don't you have an SB2 motor laying around somewhere ?

Good luck - Let me know how it goes
So it sounds like your saying that I should order the parts before the move is complete ? lol ! BTW would you still be interested in doing a cage ?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
what you need? I will get you the best deals I can on parts? Us to give a hand?

you bet!
I will be in touch with you Ellis. Honestly I don't yet know how far I can go. It depends on how much we get for our house. Probably a streetable EFI 540 with a small shot is what it'll wind up being. If I can get low 10's with a relatively soft 60 ft then I won't complain.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Congratulations!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Niiiice
Old 12-04-2006, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

fair trade
Old 12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

chevelle web site

camaro web site

Heya Bill. Check out those two links if you want some good reading on BBC's.

Seems everybody is going to 540ci and up motors. The "performance" and "engine" sections of both sites have pretty good info on build ups of mondo cubic inch monsters for the street/strip.

Thought about a Turbo or S/C on that 540? Talk about stump pulling torque.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

Nice to have you back
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I will be in touch with you Ellis. Honestly I don't yet know how far I can go. It depends on how much we get for our house. Probably a streetable EFI 540 with a small shot is what it'll wind up being. If I can get low 10's with a relatively soft 60 ft then I won't complain.
You'll have some company in that area for sure. So your going to a completely new engine? Why not spray your current BB and you'ed be low ten's for sure?
My intitial goal is to break the 10.5 mark. Then we'll see how far it can be pushed. One Z06 just hit 9.93 with a 175 DP hit on a stock bottom ls6.

It's going to be fun this year for sure, a few cars coming out of the wood work.
Robert
Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bill, Dan & I have a 355 block laying around the place that needs a rebuild on it. It was in our 71 when we bought it & cracked a rod in it.

In its day it was a pretty mean machine with the super charger on the car.

The guy that had it before we did complain the track was to slow for his car. it was clocked at 169 MPH Per Radar.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rokko
chevelle web site

camaro web site

Heya Bill. Check out those two links if you want some good reading on BBC's.

Seems everybody is going to 540ci and up motors. The "performance" and "engine" sections of both sites have pretty good info on build ups of mondo cubic inch monsters for the street/strip.

Thought about a Turbo or S/C on that 540? Talk about stump pulling torque.
Hey thanks for the links, good information in there Yeah the 540's are getting more common now and you can get into one more reasonably too.

Bill
Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
You'll have some company in that area for sure. So your going to a completely new engine? Why not spray your current BB and you'ed be low ten's for sure?
My intitial goal is to break the 10.5 mark. Then we'll see how far it can be pushed. One Z06 just hit 9.93 with a 175 DP hit on a stock bottom ls6.

It's going to be fun this year for sure, a few cars coming out of the wood work.
Robert
Yes it's going to be a blast this year, I want for us to race the Ford team in a heads up format ! I know I could spray the crap out of it and with some traction I'd be there, however like you mentioned already I'm going to have lots of company there and I need some headroom haha! In fact I expect to see at least some of the cars in the top 10 now run nines this year. Ryan's car is disgusting, Ellis's car equally so, and Don's and Mark's cars are right there too I'm looking forward to springtime
Old 12-05-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Can't wait to see you back out there with us, Bill.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

Damn bill about time you get on the wagon. Wish i was still up there to give you a hand. if you want let me know and i know some guys that might be able to put a motor together for you
Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Bout damn time you got your sorry butt back in the game son! Sounds like your plan is finally going to get put into motion. I can't wait to see it / you back out there!!!

My car should be easy pickins next year. I hit my goal, and only plan to tweak things now. I'm gonna try to make it run 10.0s & then dial it back for the Pro / Super Street class. But it should always be ready for a grudge match once you get that monster dialed in. So quit talkin smack & bring it youngster....

Quick Reply: Car help desperately needed .....