Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Back From The Dead, LOL. Thought You Would Get A Kick Out Of What I Bought...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Back From The Dead, LOL. Thought You Would Get A Kick Out Of What I Bought...

I guess I can not get over my two wheeled bike craze. Pedaled my rear off, over 6,000 miles last year...

So I went to buy another bicycle and was thinking for a few more thousand (yes a few more thousand) I could have a motorcycle, so with the wifes permission I bought...

07 Yamaha FZ1...

Yes I plan on racing at the track some. Mark I MAY be able to take you, lol. The bike produces 130rwhp, mid to upper 10's in the quarter, from what I have read. It can be programmed and produce 150rwhp with some mods, but it's fast enough (for now). CAN YOU BELIEVE I TURNED TO TWO WHEELS FOR A HOBBY?? Honestly, the price was right and I always was interested in owning a motorcycle.

Lots of new faces here-just want to say hello to all, I share the passion of the Camaro with you. It was a tough thing to part with my car.

I had a mishap with my computer. A virus deleted most off of my pictures...car, family, etc.. What a real bummer.

I still can remember my car like it was yesterday.

So how has everyone been? Update me with some highlights. I really miss not having my car and hanging out with everyone. Again, thought you would get a kick out of this, lol.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Todd! Welcome back!

That's a fine piece of machinery, be careful and look out for the people who won't be looking out for you. Hope to see you out at the track this year
Old 02-11-2007, 11:41 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Todd, how's it been going? Long time no see.

I'm still going through cars like socks... LOL
Old 02-11-2007, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great all around bike

are those things fuel injected now?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Glad to see you back around again, Todd! Looking forward to you bringing that thing around the shows now.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That FZ1 is sweet. One of the guys I went riding with last year has one of them.

Mike
Old 02-12-2007, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

So you went & bought a 10 sec bike? Damn, that's worst than buying a Vette Todd!

Nice to hear from you again FINALLY! Judging by the pics, you bought a house too. Cool. My car should be back in my garage by this coming weekend to do the final prep for the Roadster Show. Stop by if you're bored.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

You have been missed.

Nice bikes
Old 02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Eric
Hey Todd! Welcome back!
Thank's, I will keep an eye out for all of the cages on the road.

Originally Posted by Zeke
Hey Todd, how's it been going? Long time no see.
You still have the purple Firebird?

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
great all around bike. are those things fuel injected now?
Thanks, yes they are FI. I am old so I needed an upright bike.

Originally Posted by Howard
Glad to see you back around again, Todd! Looking forward to you bringing that thing around the shows now.
I plan on hitting a few shows with you guys, or going a few times to the track for fun, guess two wheels are better than none.

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
That FZ1 is sweet. One of the guys I went riding with last year has one of them.
That is good to know, I am new to the market. The Bandit was going to be my first choice but I could not wait...my wife took an interest so this seemed the best at the moment with the research time I had.

Originally Posted by Mark
So you went & bought a 10 sec bike?
Can you believe this, lol. I needed something, I was twiching from the lack of having some sort of toy. Had to be black. I drove by Saturday to see if your door was up but did not have much time. I read that your in the big show! Congrats I plan on being there Sunday on the last day of the Roadster show to check out your car. It is that time of the year, work is killer. Sunday 3-3 after work I will be down there for sure to catch up with you.

Originally Posted by Steve
You have been missed.
Thanks, you have always been a great friend. Have you been racing and showing...I am sure you have. Update me.

It is good hearing from you guys, sorry I really have not been in touch like I should. Honestly it is tough with out a F-body, just felt strange. I really feel great having a new hobby. Karen is very excited to go riding.

Hey I am all about it...list out some of the major mods you guys have done or accomplishments. It will save me searching forever. Give me the top 5 or what ever. It will be interesting knowing, it has been a long while.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Welcome back K.O.B.

I don't see a whole lot of stuff polished on either of those bikes. Whats up with that!?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Welcome back.

Nice bike/s.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

Not much new - in the Roadster Show (as you know), which made me install polished SS tubes in place of the top rubber ones, and buy a new air box (plenum), & installed a fire supression system for the open road race I'm doing in June (I guess that was 2 at once) = 5. Next
Old 02-12-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rokko
I don't see a whole lot of stuff polished on either of those bikes. Whats up with that!?
Well the FZ does only have 59 miles... Soon enough though!

Good to see you on here!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Nice bike bro. I too just recently got a bike. I bought an 07 GSXR 750. Those F1's are a nice all around bike. You got to love the power and comfort to go with it.

Enjoy and ride safe. BTW your car looks real clean......
Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rokko
Welcome back K.O.B.

This bike will keep me out of the mod mode, use it and that is that.

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Welcome back.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mark
Not much new - in the Roadster Show (as you know), which made me install polished SS tubes in place of the top rubber ones, and buy a new air box (plenum), & installed a fire supression system for the open road race I'm doing in June (I guess that was 2 at once) = 5. Next
So custom bent plumbing, nice, that is awesome, a metal plenum, fire suppression system, holy cow...serious as always about safety. I need to stop by and see the beast.

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Well the FZ does only have 59 miles... Soon enough though!
Not really a shiney type bike. Black and flames do go together, lol.

Nice bike bro. I too just recently got a bike. I bought an 07 GSXR 750. Those F1's are a nice all around bike. You got to love the power and comfort to go with it.
Thanks. If I take enough interest I would by a track bike, though I doubt it. You have an awesome bike too.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JUMPIN' JESUS ON A POGO STICK!!

I thought you had been eaten alive or something, you just fell off the face of the earth.

Nothing much new for me. Live in an appartment now, upgraded to girlfriend v5.0 (BIG UPGRADE I might add ), and trying to spend more time with the rest of these monkeys.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Ya know, I bet the rest of us have enough pcis of your SS to resurrect your library....
Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
JUMPIN' JESUS ON A POGO STICK!!

I thought you had been eaten alive or something, you just fell off the face of the earth.

Nothing much new for me. Live in an appartment now, upgraded to girlfriend v5.0 (BIG UPGRADE I might add ), and trying to spend more time with the rest of these monkeys.
What, yikes. Hope everything is going well. SS depression...took a couple years of treatmeant to post on the board. I wish I was posting saying I got a new Camaro.

Yea Mark it sucked having pics lost. I had a bunch on my old computer, but still lost 50%. Stupid people and their viruses .
Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

Still in Wonderful, Wild and snowy White Wyoming. Nice to see you back Todd.
Jay
Old 02-12-2007, 10:18 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
You still have the purple Firebird?
Actually.. I have two purple Firebirds now (I bought a purple '98 WS6 6-speed), and a purple '04 GTO.

Yeah, I know.

Many mods and a paint job later, here's the Formula...

And here's the other two..

Quick Reply: Back From The Dead, LOL. Thought You Would Get A Kick Out Of What I Bought...