Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Got pulled over last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got pulled over last night!!!

Well Actually my wife got pulled over. We were coming back home from My commands Christmas Party, I had a few beers So I let the wife drive. Well about 4 blocks from our house, we Turned right at a green light, With the blinker on, and was not going over the speed limit. And this cop that was sitting at the intersection, Waiting for the light to turn green for him, Put the car in Reverse, and I automacticely knew he was going to pull us over, and sure enough, He turned around and came for us.

When he came up to the window, I asked him what we had done wrong, Because in all honesty, we did nothing that was illegal. He preceeded to ask for our information, asked if my wife had been drinking and all that good stuff. And of course she wasn't. Went to his squad car, checked our information, and then 15 minutes later came back. He finally told us, that the reason he pulled us over, was because he was a CAR NUTT, Lol. He heard my exhaust, and thought it was way too loud. I then told him, that my car was licensed in Az, and that I was well within my rights to have the exhaust any way I would like. He said it doesn't matter, If I live in the state of washington that I would have to abide by there rules. So I said, well if that is the case, then why don't you just give me a ticket for not having a front license plate. He then said, nope can't do that, cause you are allowed in the State of Az, to only have one. So I asked, so why is it different with the exhaust, He kinda stumble on the answer and told me, he was not sure.

I asked him, well should I change my exhaust, cause I really don't want cops pulling me over all the time? He said no, more than likely no-one will pull you over for this.

And as we were talking he had his flash light out and was looking through my car. My wife had some makeup in the center counsel, and it was sticking up to were he could see it. He asked me what it was and I said make up. He asked to see it, and so I gave it to him. He opened it, dumped the powder that was in it out of the case, and then gave it back to us. Lol. Then preceeded to say goodnight, As we left to head back home, he followed the whole way. all the way to our house. Lol.

So from what I could gather, they really must be hurting to find some people to bust. Either on DUI's or posession....

Kinda ticked me off too. I should not have been such a smart *** about it, but I had close to a case a beer, and probibly a whole bottle of Jager. So I was feeling pretty good. lol. O well. Live and learn.

Sorry for the long *** story.

Lane

Last edited by crazylane; 12-07-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Wait, he searched your car because he was a 'car nutt'?
There has to be "reasonable suspicion" to search a car, what he did was way out of line.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Hope it wasnt expensive makeup. What was the explanation for dumping it? Suspicious powder? LMAO! Cop had to do something to assert his a-u-t-h-o-r-t-e-e.

He had probable cause because he smelled alcohol and I've never met a cop yet who didnt have probable cause if they didnt want to.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

To tell you the honest truth, And this may sound funny, But my wifes thing of makeup had a silver long spout, and it was like only 3/8" around, but about 4 inches long. So I was thinking maybe he thought it was a crack pipe at first, and then realized it was a container, he then dumped it, to see if it would have been Coke.. Thats the only thing I could think of.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well even if it WAS coke, when he dumped it out.. there goes his evidence.. dumbass (the cop)
Old 12-08-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like some bullshit to me! The guy wasn't a car nut because he didn't ask you what engine you had or if it was modded, etc. He said that to flatter you in some sense so he could proceed to poke around and try to build evidence against you, hence the makeup inspection. Next time you get pulled over when you KNOW you didn't do anything wrong, have fun with the cop and pretend you don't know english. "Drive good, ya? Ok thank you, bye bye now? Me safe thanks to you, superman police USA!!!"
Old 12-09-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by OSUBraden
Sounds like some bullshit to me! The guy wasn't a car nut because he didn't ask you what engine you had or if it was modded, etc. He said that to flatter you in some sense so he could proceed to poke around and try to build evidence against you, hence the makeup inspection. Next time you get pulled over when you KNOW you didn't do anything wrong, have fun with the cop and pretend you don't know english. "Drive good, ya? Ok thank you, bye bye now? Me safe thanks to you, superman police USA!!!"

No kidding. That cop was either way too bored or a floater looking for time in the field. "Ahhh, you like make up? Wife has more, can I bring to you?"
Old 12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

odd very odd
Old 12-10-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

crack a window open, wide enough to slide ins. and registration through.

The only things you should be saying after handing over the paperwork are:

"I will not be answering this question, sir"
"Am I free to go now?"
Old 12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by longdaddy

"Am I free to go now?"
That would seem very suspicious...
Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

"Am I free to go now?"
Lol. Yeah, and then the next thing I would be asking, is "when do I get my Phone Call?"

My Skipper talked to me today about it, at work. He was really worried that something else might of happened. I guess One of the chiefs at my command seen my wife and I parked along side the road, and Word spread like wildfire... You know how that goes.... Ha ha
Old 12-10-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
That would seem very suspicious...
if the officer is planning to give you a ticket or arrest you, he will do it no matter what you say. if he is fishing, this approach minimizes his opportunity. you are are not doing anything illegal with this approach, just taking advantage of your rights. if the cop has a problem with that, you are in trouble no matter what you say/do.

p.s. this advice is from a traffic lawyer who dismisses traffic tickets on a daily basis.

p.p.s. but if you want to be a good little sheep and give the cops every opportunity to **** with you, don't let me stop you.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

if the officer is planning to give you a ticket or arrest you, he will do it no matter what you say. if he is fishing, this approach minimizes his opportunity. you are are not doing anything illegal with this approach, just taking advantage of your rights. if the cop has a problem with that, you are in trouble no matter what you say/do.

p.s. this advice is from a traffic lawyer who dismisses traffic tickets on a daily basis.

p.p.s. but if you want to be a good little sheep and give the cops every opportunity to **** with you, don't let me stop you.
Okay, I guess I will beleive you then. lol.

But honestly have you ever seen this before? Like really this came to a surprise to me and my wife. I had a funny feeling as we passed the cop, so I watched him as we passed, and sure enough we got pulled over. ha ha.